Fowler - crank up that rumour mill - Lfc have been in touch

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:29 pm

God, was I drunk last night.

You certainly was Jonnymac. I can't believe some of the stuff you were saying on this forum!!

Anyway, well done for finally 'coming out'. It doesn't matter to us if your a turd burgler.

All the best JM
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:30 pm

:;):  :D
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bRy » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:03 pm

The guy from Betis may be Ricardo Oliveira, he scored the other night when Betis beat Barcelona 2-1. I don't know what he's like as I don't get to see much of the Spanish football, but I'm sure Benitez has been monitoring the player for some time now.

His name cropped up in an article I read that mentioned various Spanish strikers that we may be courting. Another player Villa though is probably out of the running as I read a quote from him that was along the lines of him not being a Beatles fan and not speaking English, therefore not wanting to move to Liverpool.
bRy

Postby the great one » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:49 pm

bRy wrote:The guy from Betis may be Ricardo Oliveira, he scored the other night when Betis beat Barcelona 2-1. I don't know what he's like as I don't get to see much of the Spanish football, but I'm sure Benitez has been monitoring the player for some time now.

yeh he monitered him when they were at valencia together  :D  :laugh:
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hamza » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:53 pm

Why would we need fowler i love the guy but there would be no use Mellor and Pongolle could do a better job at the moment it would be nice to see robbie come back in one way amybe as a sorta coach or sumtin i dunno but i can t see it happin as a a player
Hamza

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:38 pm

Getting Fowler back would be a mistake, I honestly beleive that it is just wild rumors. He is not the player he used to be, he has had major problems with his knees and ankles, and these are the most dangerous areas for footballers to get injured, becuase they can reoucur and are guranteed to make you lose some pace and sharpness.

I don't think Rafa needs to rush out and buy anyone, we should only buy if the right players is available at the right price.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:45 pm

The guy from Betis, sounds to be worth a punt!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:02 pm

Fowler coming back here looking for 40g a week? No way will that happen.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:21 pm

Fowler wont come back as theres no room for sentiment. Benitez is unlikely to take on a player who cant get a regular game at Man City. Fowler is finished at the top level. The player we saw is long gone Im afraid.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:23 pm

Gone to 'Grass' !!  :D   :D
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:39 pm

He just cannot get fit these days. Always looks bloated and bit overweight. You just cannot get away with it and its all over for Fowler now in the Premiership. I would imagine he must step down a league to have an impact at a club again. Its such a shame because hes not that old, but these things happen. As people have said injurys and all have cost him dearly  :(
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:42 pm

Tranmere Rovers, to team up with Macateer !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:25 pm

I disagree when people tell me that he's finished as a player. Even if he's no longer got the pace to lead the line, I think there's a future for Fowler playing off the main striker. His touch has always been superb, and one part of his game that's always been seriously underrated is how good he is as spotting smart and unexpected passing options in and around the box.

All of the reservations about his fitness are absolutely fair however, and he'd have to sort himself out big time if there were to be any prospect of him being taken on. Similarly, he's done nothing in recent years to justify exorbitant wages - he'd probably have to take a serious pay cut to prolong his career in my view, and actually work his socks off to earn his corn.

Have to say that I think he'd be an excellent option for us on the bench, somewhere in between a Litmanen and a Sheringham-style sub that could really keep defenders guessing as games wear on. My understanding of what I've heard is that this is precisely what he'd be signed for - a third choice striker that can come on and offer something different.
ivor_the_injun

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:30 am

ivor_the_injun wrote:Have to say that I think he'd be an excellent option for us on the bench, somewhere in between a Litmanen and a Sheringham-style sub that could really keep defenders guessing as games wear on. My understanding of what I've heard is that this is precisely what he'd be signed for - a third choice striker that can come on and offer something different.

agree there mate, I think that he could still do a job for us.

If we were 1 down at anfield and we brought Robbie on with 20 mins to go it would give the place a rea lift and I think he's the sort of player who will come on and grab a goal, kind of like Les Ferdinand did for Leicester last season.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby charwell » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:23 am

Get real some of you, Fowler is washed up and is a laughing stock at Man City. Why would we want an overweight player who peaked 6 years ago. Some people really need to take off their rose tinted specs when it comes to ex players and Liverpool supporting players. Rafa would never be so dim as to even contemplate it. In fact if LFC re-sign him I will bare my backside in Woolworths shop window!
charwell

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion