Dominik Szoboszlai

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:08 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverp ... ai%3famp=1

Deal official done.  Will wear the N0 8 shirt.

Welcome to Liverpool lad  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:43 pm

Finally, a goal scoring centre mid. When did we last have one of those?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:21 pm

Welcome to the best club on the face of the planet Dom.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:33 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:43 pm wrote:Finally, a goal scoring centre mid. When did we last have one of those?

Or one that took a good free kick. We will need that dimension against teams that park the bus.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:53 pm

Like most I’d never really heard of him, but I’ll say the same for Firmino, Robertson, Allison, Mane and they all turned out world class. Once you start to read up about him he does look like potentially in that mold.

I remember reading about Firmino when we were linked to him as a replacement for Sterling and I was amazed by how many times he stole possession and made chances. I’d never seen him play but it turned out that attribute is what made us the best team in the world. Our whole attack revolved round Firmino, his goal stats were not as good as Sterling  but in that he was far superior. I trust Klopp’s judgement so have no doubt Szoboszlai will be a major cog. His manager said that when the team went missing he always showed up, much like Gerrard did and that is always going to help a player succeed, unlike Keita and Minamino who were soft. I’d bet that since Klopp picked him he would be a true professional as Klopp always picks those type of players. Can’t wait to see our new midfield.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:36 am

Hope he turns out to be a cracking player for us...

Wondering where him and Macca will play....

Szob.......DM........Macca

Salah..Gakpo/Nunez....Diaz
Last edited by redshade on Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:46 am

I'm guessing Mac Allister is the first player we integrate into the starting 11. He's quite versatile so he can play any position in midfield so for me I'd drop him for Henderson as the RCM from the first game alongside Jones at LCM and Fabinho as the DM. Szoboszlai has no PL experience and is younger so I'd expect he'll have to settle for being eased in over the first 2 months or so via sub appearances and starts in the LC and EL.
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:06 pm

Hopefully he won't need to adapt much to fit in and it happens quickly. I think he's the 4th most expensive signing in our history so there is that pressure to start.  I do think he has something about him as he's quite young for captaining his country so must be held in high regard. Gerrard is one of his heroes and supposedly has a quote tattooed on his arm so he knows the challenge.  Fingers crossed he's an absolute beast!!

Just in case anyone is wondering his name is pronounced sob boz lay. Heard some Hungarian guy on talk sport laying it out  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:22 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:06 pm wrote:Hopefully he won't need to adapt much to fit in and it happens quickly. I think he's the 4th most expensive signing in our history so there is that pressure to start.  I do think he has something about him as he's quite young for captaining his country so must be held in high regard. Gerrard is one of his heroes and supposedly has a quote tattooed on his arm so he knows the challenge.  Fingers crossed he's an absolute beast!!

Just in case anyone is wondering his name is pronounced sob boz lay. Heard some Hungarian guy on talk sport laying it out  :laugh:

Problem isn’t saying it, problem is writing it. Thank god for cut n paste  :buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:42 am

I'm worried that he was bought in to be a MC when he was a AM for Leipzig...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:14 am

an MC? you mean like the guy that reads out the announcements? I don't think he'll get a look in, that role is tied up
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:46 pm

Looking like a good player, I think the similarities with Gerrard in the way he plays are easy to make. Looking forward to seeing him grow into the role.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:02 pm

This lad is class, reminds me of Alonso/Gerrard combo. Enjoy him while we got him lads lol...
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:15 pm

Don't have a bad word to say about this fella. He's been a solid 8/10 if mot more in every game so far.

Proving to be a brilliant signing  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Eagle » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:03 pm

Very impressive that he's made an impact so quickly. He's a huge upgrade on the Henderson of the last 2 years. Great engine and workrate. A very natural striker of the ball.

Thank god Mount chose Man Utd.
Eagle

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion