Differences

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:29 pm

leeroy74 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:05 pm wrote:did most on here turn on Rafa towards the end and want him out?

I know I didn't - but I was not a part of this forum either.
The idea a getting rid of a bloke who won the CL in their first season at a new club is ridiculous!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:43 pm

leeroy74 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:05 pm wrote:did most on here turn on Rafa towards the end and want him out?

I wouldn't say most Lee, there were of course some, but then again there always are as no manager is loved by 100% of the fanbase  100% of the time, however if memory serves at that time most were sad to see him go.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:53 pm

I was just going on the poll that was created...    STAY = 27  GET RID = 40

and the numerous threads that show the general feeling of 'go'.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:29 pm

Maybe but that shows what kind of club Liverpool have become in the years Fans may have lost patience with Rafa as he struggled to deliver us a title ( i think most will agree giving the backing BR has had he would have achieved us one now)

However BR isnt just struggling to get us a title but struggling to get us CL football

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:35 pm

leeroy74 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:53 pm wrote:I was just going on the poll that was created...    STAY = 27  GET RID = 40

Well f*cking congratulations to all those that couldn't wait to see the back of him, we've really progressed and achieved so much since he left    :glare:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:25 pm

Fans were split with Rafa staying or leaving but i think with Hodgson and now Brendan the "out brigade" weighs  heavier.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:40 pm

I cant speak for everyone else but I backed Rafa till the bitter end ,I mean how could anyone not ? The man was an absolute legend ,a winner ,a class act ,all the things the current incumbent can only dream of ,he had humility ,dignity ,and he mirrored the faith of the fans by making us kings of Europe.

Never has the old adage 'you never know what you had until its gone'  been so profound .  :(
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:27 am

leeroy74 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:53 pm wrote:I was just going on the poll that was created...    STAY = 27  GET RID = 40

Most alright... I remember alot of peeps on here calling him fat spanish waiter, clown, criticizing him for running Alonso out, trying to replace him with Gareth Barry, tinkering too much, not giving priority to the league, putting too much emphasis on Europe, riding on his first 2 season success, buying the likes of Keane, Aquilani, Degen, Babel, etc etc etc.

It is actually not unlike now. I was one of the few that was still supporting him in the end. Some people actually posted that Rafa focused too much on foreign/continental players and wanted more premier league proven players to win the league (which is abit of a reverse of what people are criticizing about BR now). People on here just trying to forget... human nature. And I think I can name a few posters on here who wanted rafa out, wrote alot of sh*t about him and only now wanting him back.  :laugh: couldn't make it up...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:14 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:40 pm wrote:I cant speak for everyone else but I backed Rafa till the bitter end ,I mean how could anyone not ? The man was an absolute legend ,a winner ,a class act ,all the things the current incumbent can only dream of ,he had humility ,dignity ,and he mirrored the faith of the fans by making us kings of Europe.

Never has the old adage 'you never know what you had until its gone'  been so profound .  :(

My greatest memories of Rafa were how he made us a scary force in the champs league. I wasn't  that confident in the premiership but whenever we were in the champs league i always thought we could win it.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:44 am

maguskwt » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:27 am wrote:
leeroy74 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:53 pm wrote:I was just going on the poll that was created...    STAY = 27  GET RID = 40

Most alright... I remember alot of peeps on here calling him fat spanish waiter, clown, criticizing him for running Alonso out, trying to replace him with Gareth Barry, tinkering too much, not giving priority to the league, putting too much emphasis on Europe, riding on his first 2 season success, buying the likes of Keane, Aquilani, Degen, Babel, etc etc etc.

It is actually not unlike now. I was one of the few that was still supporting him in the end. Some people actually posted that Rafa focused too much on foreign/continental players and wanted more premier league proven players to win the league (which is abit of a reverse of what people are criticizing about BR now). People on here just trying to forget... human nature. And I think I can name a few posters on here who wanted rafa out, wrote alot of sh*t about him and only now wanting him back.  :laugh: couldn't make it up...

I remember some idiot saying he was 100% certain that if Martin O'Niel was our manager we would have won the prem, and many agreed with him.

Rafa was one of our great managers and should be remembered as such. He achieved so much at the club considering he had his hands tied most of that time. He was the catalyst for the fans revolt against the previous owners which ended in their downfall and was then sacked by them as a final payback to the fans. The club owes him a lot and should have brought him back.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:50 am

With Rafa it didnt matter who we were playing, i was confident we could beat anyone.
With B-rod i always fear we will f*ck up and lose.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:10 pm

kazza » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:44 am wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:27 am wrote:

I remember some idiot saying he was 100% certain that if Martin O'Niel was our manager we would have won the prem, and many agreed with him.

Rafa was one of our great managers and should be remembered as such. He achieved so much at the club considering he had his hands tied most of that time. He was the catalyst for the fans revolt against the previous owners which ended in their downfall and was then sacked by them as a final payback to the fans. The club owes him a lot and should have brought him back.

RAFA made LFC relevant in the 21st Century. Without him we'd be all but a history book and we should never forget that.
Count 'em...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion