Contract talks for xabi and stevie

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby destro » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:13 pm

Just read this in the STAR ?

With the new FIFA ruling regarding players who have served 3 years or more of their contracts Rafa is set to meet with our new owners to offer Stevie and Xabi extensions to their current contracts.

It reports that Sevie could leave for 4 million and Xabi for 10 million aslong as they give 15 days notice !

Cant see either player actually ever doing it, but it does make me think what are the contract situations of our possibe summer targets Eto or Villa for instance, is there a chance we could get them or any other target for a reduced fee due to the ruling ?

Cant find any news on this so if anyone can add any further info on the ruling feel free

Nothing offical about this story, so could just be paper talk  ???

I apologise if this has already been covered

Just found this

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/comment/article2264652.ece
destro

Postby Elchris » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:44 pm

Scarry rule
Elchris

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:54 pm

dont believe what u read in a rag like the star, or any tabloid for that matter. When the  broadsheets or the Echo have a story about there may some element of truth in them.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:27 am

If that rule exists, then it's yet another fine example of why the European Union should be abolished, and all it's supporters exiled to a life of hard labour in some God-forsaken backwater sh*thole previously soley populated by hairy half-men,half-monkeys intent on giving f*ckers like Tony tw*tbag Blair anal rapes as daily gifts.

F*cking meddling beurocratic b*stards and their half-a*sed, limp-wristed, c*ntified fricking ideas. :no
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:27 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:If that rule exists, then it's yet another fine example of why the European Union should be abolished, and all it's supporters exiled to a life of hard labour in some God-forsaken backwater sh*thole previously soley populated by hairy half-men,half-monkeys intent on giving f*ckers like Tony tw*tbag Blair anal rapes as daily gifts.

F*cking meddling beurocratic b*stards and their half-a*sed, limp-wristed, c*ntified fricking ideas. :no

:bowdown
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:25 pm

so in other words it's hardly worth giving a player a contract over 3 years is it, if you have to negotiate all over again after 3 years just incase they decide to do one? absolute joke of a law if you ask me.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:26 pm

The bosman ruling is bad enough. McManaman you f.ucker! :angry:
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:57 pm

The only winner are the players who jump from club to club with ever increasing salaries and % cuts of the transfer fee. It virtually looks as though its designed to milk the big clubs of their purchase power.

Cant see wnay logic whatsoever, its a lose-lose situation for clubs, win-win for agents (......) and players.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:26 pm

I did see the said article and to be honest when I read it I had a little chuckle - who in there right mind would think that Gerrard would want to be getting off this summer?  :laugh:

Firstly, hasn't he stated numerous times after he messed us about in the summer that he wants to stay at Liverpool for life? He is loved here, he knows that. He won't get the love and affection he gets here anywhere else in the world. He is at Liverpool now for life or until Rafa thinks he can not do the business anymore. The Gerrard leaving saga is a book well and truly closed.

However the article about Xabi Alonso did have a sense of caution to it. Xabi is Spanish first and foremost. He dad played for Barcelona and they are the number one team in Europe at the moment. Any good footballer would have there head turned by their advances. I wouldn't take any notice of this 3 year rule thing - I have yet to see any player put this into practice but I would be worried about a possible move for our Xabi in the summer from the boys from Barcelona.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:35 pm

This rule is just absolutely fooking crazy. Do these EU politicians not realise that they are slowly killing football. This rule allows all of these players to basically dicate to their employers whatever the hell they like which if you did in the real world would get you the sack! It's also taking more and more money out of the game. With more and more players moving using this ruling clubs will be making less money from transfers yet the agents will be getting more and more fees for renegotiating contracts more frequently and before long smaller teams will be laying staff off and eventually going to the wall.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion