Cl money

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:40 pm

Just read this on BBC 606, thought it was worth posting

comment by moreinjuredthanowen (U13347730)
posted 17 Minutes Ago

sure, but this is all pie in the sky, next saturdays game is a real topic that can be debated.

incidentally all you lads on about CL money, let me help you out from my research.

1. we earned 20.17million last year form the cl TOTAL.

2. that breaks down at 3mil to qualify, 2.4 to get to the group phase, 3mil peroformance bonus and 10.07mil from tv moeny apporitioned o nthe market pool system. in the last 16 we got 2.2 mil and 2,5 in the QF.

3. think about it right now TODAY we are missing out on what? 4.7mil formthe latter stages, we have a potential for 10points = 3mil for the performance bonus (600k/win) AND AND the market pool is assigned based only on two things, first the country you are from and second the position you were i nthe leage. WE WERE 2nd, ergo we'll get more than 10mil....

Last year chelsea finsihed second the year ebfore and cleared 15.414m in market pool money. we might already have broken even on the cl!!!!

4. now the europa league.

Again a market pool applies. Man city cleared 4.6mil last year, werner bremen came in at the last 32 and clealred the same i nmarket pool and got 7mil for thier run.

we can make more money this year than last for EUROPE!!!

-------------------------------------------
now i agree we really need to get up the league and get 3rd or 4th.

but there are two trophies to be won and aour club is about success, we should be TALKING ABOUT WINNING THINGS!!!!

We will again have about 20mil to spend and to be honest masch will go, i can see us spedning about 40mil maybe but more like 30 not including contracts, signing on fees.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A60288285

But didn't Werder Bremen lose in the final? The way we're playing we might be lucky to get past the next round
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:46 pm

Owzat wrote:But didn't Werder Bremen lose in the final? The way we're playing we might be lucky to get past the next round

Depends on who we play, who plays and how well the players that play , perform
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 5StarRed71 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:19 pm

So it's simple then:laugh:
5StarRed71

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:38 pm

our form now is going to be totally unrelated to how we are playing in February
JoeTerp

Postby 5StarRed71 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:49 am

Agree. Hopefully we can use the time between now and February to get our players back and fit, and find a place for the new fella
5StarRed71

Postby loopyliverpool » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:11 am

I don't think those figures add up at all! A guy on 5Live said that there was a massive difference in revenue from the two competitions. LFC will be lucky to clear £5m from Europa League whereas they could have potentially made up to £40m from Champions League. I know they have made some already from CL but there is still a shortfall of anything between £10-£20m.
loopyliverpool

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion