CHELSEA VS LIVERPOOL - We can do it!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:09 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:hmmm... 86 games unbeaten came to an end...
8+6=14
isnt that the number of the goalscorer? :p

oh dear :no
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:07 pm

What can i say what a match. It was Fan BLOODY Tastic. Let hope we could keep the momentum going. common you reds!!!! Good way to start my first post in this winners thread!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:11 pm

STILL MADE UP!! :buttrock

Bumped into a few UTD fans today(Chelsea fans must be hiding)
Just got the same shi'te"So you beat Chelsea and you thing you'se are gonna win the League"
"You'se are lucky bast@rds"

Just what you expect off them!
I dont even get drawn into it anymore because you just know that you dont need to say anything!They know as well as i do that we outplayed them at Anfield and deserved all 3 against Chelsea and probably should have beaten them by more!
You can see it in their faces,for the first time in years they feel we are a genuine threat!
Rightly so as well! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:48 pm

stmichael wrote:Am still buzzing from the game one day on to be honest.

As far as I'm concerned, Rafa doesn't get the credit he deserves at times. I've heard people today saying Chelsea were poor. Well yeah that night have something to do with how we played. I thought we were outstanding and I have to say that there is a resiliance and a togetherness about this side this season that is great to see. I've been critical of the defence recently but I thought Agger and Carra were absolutely outstanding. Alonso is getting back to his imperious best. Gerrard once again proved that he's in a completely different league to Lampard. Riera gets better and better. All in all it was a great performance.

Onwards and upwards.

agreed we made them look poor they can only play well vrs teams that leave space you close that space they look aweful that muppet of a manager I will not say his name (prob cos i can't spell it lol) Is nothing on our rafa he got taking to school and shown he isn't in same class.

We showed a real professional performance one that should make the other top teams fear us this year and if they don't more fool them because as you can all agree this is best we have started a prem season in very long time.  :buttrock
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:54 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
john craig wrote:The best piece of play was the great sequence of passes midway through the second half where we broke at them down the left side, with Alonso playing a one-two off Gerrard and the move culminating in us slicing them apart only for Gerrard to slightly overhit the final through ball to Babel who was in on Cech.

That was a fantastic bit of play and it really deserved a goal.  In fact, I thought we were good value for a second and 2-0 would have been a fairer reflection of our quality on the day.  Very positive signs but it's time to consolidate our lead at the top of the table!  :love:

Ahhh those words bob its nice to say we need to stay top of table havent heard that in my life ever !

Growing up following liverpool we have never won a title and I don't remeber us being top at this stage of season maybe it just been to long ?

But now just talking about being top makes me feel more proud then I have ever been to surport this club.

Don't get me wrong I would follow liverpool even if we went down to the lowest of leagues but at this moment in time I like most am so happy I could cry.

But , yes there is a but I am not going to get carried away and start talking about winning as the boys said after the game really long way to go now and the team have a hard job to stay on the ball and keep the points comming in and pompy is going to be a really hard game.

But I have great trust now in this team I feel we are now the ones to beat so come on liverpool lets do it this year.  :D  :wwww
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:03 am

to keep them that quiet in front of goal and having good chances of our own shows how great we played. what a performance but we gotta keep it going

was a brilliant day, and even better because we did it in their back garden......now on to the next game, 3 points that we can't drop
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:29 am

i told em to go and mow a meadow :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:41 am

Can see dossena coming in for aurelio and maybe babel for reira if keane is fit - If he isnt then can see babel coming in for keane and then will be either babel or kuyt up front while other on the right but think after the way babel did when he came on can see him starting.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:52 am

GYBS wrote:Can see dossena coming in for aurelio and maybe babel for reira if keane is fit - If he isnt then can see babel coming in for keane and then will be either babel or kuyt up front while other on the right but think after the way babel did when he came on can see him starting.

With three games in the next seven days I'd certainly expect some changes for the Portsmouth match. I'ts unfortunate as despite having beaten Chelsea and Man U our lack of quality in depth compared to those teams could be exposed during periods like this.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:56 am

woof woof ! wrote:
GYBS wrote:Can see dossena coming in for aurelio and maybe babel for reira if keane is fit - If he isnt then can see babel coming in for keane and then will be either babel or kuyt up front while other on the right but think after the way babel did when he came on can see him starting.

With three games in the next seven days I'd certainly expect some changes for the Portsmouth match. I'ts unfortunate as despite having beaten Chelsea and Man U our lack of quality in depth compared to those teams could be exposed during periods like this.

Definately mate - also doesnt help having injuries to players like Torres,Skittles, Degen and maybe keane. Dont think its as bad as in previous season as players like El Zhar who seemed to have stepped up . Its right back i think we may have a prob as arbeloa close to a suspension and only really got darby as cover . People say carra there but dont think he is suited there at all but maybe just for one game.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:27 am

skittles? :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:35 am

Judge wrote:skittles? :D

Yeah  :D or Teenage Mutant Ninja Skrtel  :D
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:39 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:hmmm... 86 games unbeaten came to an end...
8+6=14
isnt that the number of the goalscorer? :p

:Oo:
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:43 am

Well having just watched the match in it's entirity, somewhat belatedly I can add my two penneth.

We were oviously absolutely excellent particularly second half, and fully deserved to win. I really liked the back four. Agger is on the way back to being a really good player, Carra was imperious, Arbeloa solid and I thought Aurelio had the best game I've seen him have in ages. I really do agree with those who have said that if he was fit a bit more often he would be first choice left-back. He simply looks like a better player than Dossena to me, but the debate is only a debate for about 30% of the matches, ie when the Brazilian is fit.

In the middle of midfield both Masherano and particularly Alonso were excellent, as was Kuyt and particularly Riera. Gerrard was always a thorn in their sides now he didn't have to worry about Makeleli giving him the old "bermuda triangle" treatment, and my one slight disappointment would have been Keane up top. That said, he was on his own and whereas Babel looked good when he came on, by then the Chelsea defence was getting stretched what with Terry marauding forward and the like.

He did though look very good did Babel when he came on, and the jinky run and shot did actually remind me of Thierry Henri, no really it did.

Full marks must also go to the manager and "big Sami" :laugh: as I saw him described today (I have a hunch somebody is getting him mixed up with someone else). The defensive set up was absolutely first class, excellent infact. I've got a bit of a theory if anyone can be bothered to watch it again that I sussed out our defensive plan. I think we set up with both Riera and Kuyt unusually narrow on purpose. The direct result of this was that Chelsea always had an out ball to either full-back, meaning that from there we could press out and either push them inside and back into the Masherano/Alonso axis, or alternatively they could opt to cross it towards Anelka. The Frenchman has never been at his best with such service, and Carragher/Agger gobbled them up all day long. Somewhat surprisingly they did stick it in the box quite regularly, particularly as the match wore on and it worked a treat.

Two things sprang to mind as this went on. Firstly I think Scholari was aware of it so he put the young kid on (Dos Santos maybe?) who looked like he's a good header and probably going to be extremely good in later years. Secoindly, it was tactically very clever because it made uise of the fact that Drogba wasn't going to play. You'd never invite crosses like that with him against you up top.

Overall, they missed the big striker very much, as well as a credible replacement for Makeleli. I actually think if Torres had played, we might have won it even more convincingly. Great game tho, even if I did get to watch it a day or two late.
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:50 am

the words were "big sammy" (ie his belly) , if your going to have little digs from another thread and bring it into this thread at least try and get what i said correct  :sleep
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion