Carling cup - What team would you put out?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:47 pm

Considering we might want to rest a few, what team would you put out for the game against Bolton on Wednesday?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:49 pm

Kirkland

Ostembor   Biscan   Henchoz   Troare

Murphy      Diao      Welsh      Cheyrou

Le Tallec   Pongolle

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:23 pm

Its ok giving the backup boys a run out, but it will be a one off ,because that team would get us knocked out.maybe a more even split between regulars and reserves would give us the best of both worlds.the league cup is our best bet for silverware this season,insignificant as it is.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leothelion » Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:07 am

don't know maybe keep the back up team for newcastle and the first team for bolton .the strongest team should beat bolton and a team who are fighting for places would give it there all against newcastle so we could possibly win both .:D      only messing     :D  being serious i dont agree with putting out a reserve team for any game its not fair on fans who pay money to see it and i always condem the manc for doing that .There's no harm in giving a few lads a run
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:07 pm

I woulden't call that a complete reserve team, Kirkland,Henchoz,Murphy and now Biscan, I think it is agood mix, with John Welsh getting a chance.

Alos Big Sam has already stated that he is going to put a reserve team out, so that team should win.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:59 pm

I know its tempting to put out a B side but its not as if we are challenging for the Premiership or anything.

My side would be:

Kirkland, Diao, Traore, Biscan, Hyppia, Murphy, Hamman, Diouff, La Tellec, Heskey and Pongolle.

I would have Welsh, Ostembor and Cheyrou on the bench, but give them runs out.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:10 pm

I agree 100% with JBG. I would give Pongolle a run in the side, probably alongside Kewell who we need to increase our scoring prospects. I might be tempted to give Traore the spot alongside Hyypia to see how he copes and play Biscan at right-back. I'd give Hamann a run-out in the 2nd half if we're doing well

Kirkland
Riise
Hyypia
Traore
Biscan
Smicer
Gerrard
Murphy
Diouf
Pongolle
Kewell
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:03 pm

My view is that you always, always take one game at a time and therefore play the very best available to you.  Houlier has messed up so much when he tinkers, he won this competition last year by taking it serious he had to because he'd nothing else left to win.  But anyway thats to his credit.  It's the only credit I'd give him.

Kirkland (But dudek is already in)
Henchoz
Hypia
Riise
Diao
Hammam
Gerrard
Kewell
Diouf
Pongolle
Heskey
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby leothelion » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:05 am

All over now
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cleman » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:01 am

The "easiest" ---- Carling Cup, has gone
The most hunger title --- EPL Champion, considered gone (even just 14 game played)

FA Cup --- all EPL Clubs are all our competitors
UEFA Cup --- Barcelona, Valencia, Roma, Newcastle, Auxerre etc are there
4th Place of EPL --- Newcastle, Fulham, Charlton, Birmingham are among the contenders

At the end of the season, Liverpool may get nothing, but I guess the Board of Director still happy and satisfactory, because we still have Houllier as our manager, the great manager who has won 5 trophies for us in 2000/2001....together with his 5 yeas plans, 10 years plan, 20 years plan for future.........

:angry:
Cleman

Postby leothelion » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:47 am

IT GETS FRUSTRATING BUT I ALWAYS TELL MYSELF THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER LETS BE HONEST WERE BAD BUT LOOK AT LEEDS THEY WERE OUR MAIN RIVALS IN THE PAST
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:43 am

He more or less went with a reserve team but it still had a chance to win. Considering Bolton are a mediocre Premiership side who played some reserves themselves it was a pretty poor effort. manure played kids and will probably not get fined, even though the rules are in place to punish them. They had the right idea whether we like it or not - either play a full XI or a reserve XI, get through or get knocked out but avoid a draw at all costs. We nearly faced extra time because Kermit gave us a chance. It may be denying the fans the chance to see the best players but priorities have to be made when the cups are so early in the season, sadly the Carling Cup should have been ours :(
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:17 am

I know its only Bolton in the Carling cup but its yet another defeat, even worse, a defeat at Anfield. :angry:

What ever happened to having some pride as a cup holder and trying to reclaim your crown?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby cheesecakery » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:31 am

Absolute shambles last night .
i have been going to liverpool home and away and have never felt so low!
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:51 pm

If were all honest, the only to competions that matter are the Premership, and the Champions League.

I like the CocaCola/Worthington/Carling Cup, you get to see players you normaly woulden't.

We need to get as far up the league as possible and that looks like 4th place, forget the UEFA Cup, the league is are priority and getting into the Chmpions League.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion