Carling cup - What team would you put out?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby haps » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:51 pm

Is the InterToto cup still around?  Here's hoping so for next season ... give us all a nice trip to the continent.  I don't really care about the Carling cup to be honest but 3 more goals conceded at home to BOLTON!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!  Just go Mons. Houllier.  We'll finish 6th.  At best.  And who was it said we are a worse team than 2 seasons ago.  Well, you're totally right. It's undeniable.  Bad signings (bar a couple) and bad tactics.
haps

Postby haps » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:52 pm

By the way ... how do you get those pictures under your name on the left?? I want one of those.
haps

Postby greenred » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:03 pm

go to your profile page and pick an avatar.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:10 pm

Its time for everyone here to stand up and be counted. 

We all have veiws of what went wrong, what happened in this match or that match , we were unlucky here and there. 

That's all fine for teams in development.

Point is, Houlier promised that in five years he would have Liverpool F C Challenging for the top Honors in football.

Has he delivered NO!

Wake up! Wake up Wake Up!. 

By the way I don't rate the charity sheild as a trophy, a good day out yes a trophy no.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby gaz31 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:09 am

i would put a winning team out (unlike gh who did not) :angry:
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby Owzat » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:30 am

big al wrote:By the way I don't rate the charity sheild as a trophy, a good day out yes a trophy no.

I am reluctant to count the super-cup as a trophy, any trophy which doesn't carry a European qualifying spot or involve more than one game isn't a serious trophy.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:30 pm

The Carling Cup is not a serious trophy. There are only three serious trophies..........the League Championship, the European Champions Cup, and then the FA Cup. Nothing else matters.

he UEFA Cup is for also rans (teams like us), the Carling Cup is for also rans (us). Under Houllier, we have won one serious trophy, the FA Cup. But let's not forget how Arsenal totally outclassed us that day. Let's not forget how Houllier's negative tactics nearly resulted in a five goal hammering and the only reason it didn't happen was Thierry Henry's failure to hit the target from six yards on four occasions!!

We were rescued by Michael Owen's brilliance. Once again.

Houllier has been a very lucky manager and despite buying badly, poor tactics and poor players, he has held on to his job for five years. In any other line of business, he would have been sacked long ago for incompetence.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:06 pm

It's sad to say but I think the  FA Cup dosen't hold the same credibility it used too.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion