Benitez lining up duff - Today's mirror

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ckay » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:18 am

woof woof ! wrote:
ckay wrote:I can't belive i'm saying this but......... Biscan looks a different player in midfield and is getting rave reveiws from the manager and coaching staff!!!

( shoot me now )

BANG !
:D

I feel so ashamed. I'm now in the same bracket as Hustlers Revenge. :D
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:27 am

ckay wrote:I feel so ashamed. I'm now in the same bracket as Hustlers Revenge. :D

Bl**dy Hell Ckay, let me just reload.
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG !
(change weapon) RATA TAT TAT RATA TAT TAT ! .
think of it as a mercy killing.  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Homebooby » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:28 am

woof woof, you mention we need to sort out central defence. How would you reacti f Woodgate came our way?
Homebooby

Postby ckay » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:29 am

woof woof ! wrote:
ckay wrote:I feel so ashamed. I'm now in the same bracket as Hustlers Revenge. :D

Bl**dy Hell Ckay, let me just reload.
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG !
(change weapon) RATA TAT TAT RATA TAT TAT ! .
think of it as a mercy killing.  :D

:D  :D LMAO :laugh:  :laugh:
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:34 am

But back to your point about Biscan. If he suddenly becomes a "player" I won't complain but along with a few thousand others will be eating "humble pie" and  be happy to do so . At least he seems to be responding positively to our new manager,
lets hope that attitude is present throughout the squad. :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:37 am

All the players are on the LFC.TV site telling us how there loving the new style of play and are rareing to go. Roll on Tuesday 10th.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:38 am

Homebooby wrote:woof woof, you mention we need to sort out central defence. How would you reacti f Woodgate came our way?

More than happy to see him playing for us, would be a very good signing . Why do you ask ? have you heard something ?
  :)  ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:41 am

ckay wrote:All the players are on the LFC.TV site telling us how there loving the new style of play and are rareing to go. Roll on Tuesday 10th.

What is the "new style of play" ? I haven't seen any pre season stuff and have only read brief reports. 
Like you ,getting excited about the big KO.  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:47 am

Kewell Quote:

"It always nice when a new manager comes in who wants to play the ball and use the wide midfield men. I love the way we've been playing so far. All this passing and movement is great for me and I'm really enjoying it.

Riise Quote:

"Everything we do in training is about the use of the ball," he said.
"Yes, we have our physical exercises with our running, but for Benitez training is about telling us how we use and keep the football. The players like that.

"I definitely think we will play more of a possession game in future. The manager has made it clear that for us to win more games, we need to keep the ball.

"Sometimes you can hit the opponents hard on the attack, sometimes you have to build slowly and keep it at the back, but it's always better for us to have the ball.

"There's more confidence about the squad now. All of us want to play the kind of football the fans want to see and I think under Rafa Benitez we can play some good stuff. There is a real hunger within all the players.

Murphy quote:

"The new manager has given everyone a bit of a lift," claims the midfielder. "The training methods are different, that in itself is nice because you're going to learn new styles and tactics. He's got us trying different things. For example, he is doing a lot more tactical work.

"We've done a lot of attacking stuff, getting down the flanks and working more on finishing but he's a manager who wants you to express yourself and go out and win games.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:57 am

Hurrah !!!! At last some common sense being practised at training.
Let's face it , you can,t score if you don't have the ball ,and keeping it denies the opposition . The players all sound well up for it . :)  :)  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:01 am

RB has also praised Murphy. He's odds on for a starting place.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:40 am

woof woof ! wrote:
Homebooby wrote:woof woof, you mention we need to sort out central defence. How would you reacti f Woodgate came our way?

More than happy to see him playing for us, would be a very good signing . Why do you ask ? have you heard something ?
  :)  ???

not heard anything other than what I read about him being unhappy with the way that Newcastle performed last yer and the rumour being that he would be going to ManU.

whenever I see those kind of articles, it often means that players are announcing themselves to the market. I know we only performed points wise in the same area as Newcastle, but the rumblings are v. positive at Anfield and it appears that St. james' are settling for another season of Bobby as they don't want to sack him.

We do need a defender much more than ManU and I just figured he would be a good bargain for us.
Homebooby

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:22 am

Homebooby wrote:We do need a defender much more than ManU and I just figured he would be a good bargain for us.

Yeah, I see your point. Woodgate would be a great addition to our defence but I can't see Newcastle letting him go unless we weighed in with some big offer and I don't think they're that desparate for cash that they would sell their best (imo) defender. Nice thought though, him and Sammi with Josemi and Riise either side. A pretty solid back four and we'd still have the likes of Carra, Henchoz and Finnan as cover. That would be the Defence sorted, now if only we can sort out our midfield.  :D   :D   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:26 am

Does anyone realisticly see us signing a word class midfielder. I could see us getting a loaner for the season and looking again next summer for a world class player
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:42 am

To be honest Ckay I don't know how much Rafa has available to him. It might well be that we have to wait for a "major" signing to fill midfield because we are short on cash , then again it may be a case of the player/players that Rafa wants just not being available.
I'm hoping he surprises us all in the next few weeks .  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion