Au revoir

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby THEBARON » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:42 pm

I  am afraid to say that it is now time to bid farewell to the current boss. Just 18 months ago he looked in an untouchable position when he made his emotional  return at the Roma match. However in that time the warmth , affection and RESPECT that the fans had for him has gradually eroded culminating in a situation where with October not finished we  already amongst the mediocrity of mid table. I feel that since his illness his judgement has been sadly lacking in several areas. The evidence is compelling..
(1) POOR PURCHASES. Yes I know he bought enough duffers prior to his illness but there were some successes as well. But since mid 2002 none of his signings represent real success ( it is too early to make a judgement on Kewell and Finnan )
Diouf has improved but is hardly a snip at £ 10 million.
Diao is nowhere near being the new Vierra and as for Bruno
Cheyrou !
(2) LOST OPPORTUNITIES Why did we not buy Anelka ?OK his goal scoring was not in the class of owen but neither is
Heskey's. Why get rid of Litmanen ? A class player who could make an impact.
(3 ) FAVOURITISM , a feature of his time here, 2 examples show his lack of judgement , Heskey  played sh##e for most of last season and was publicly guaranteed games ! What message did that send out to Baros & Mellor. Traore ! how the f##k did he play all those games last year ? Apparently he looks good in training . what , when he drops his kecks !
(4 )TACTICS, was the Liverpool coaching team oblivious to our lack of width last season . This inflexibility and failure to acknowledge and address cost us big time. Individual matches showed this failing most notably when Hamann was subbed in Leverkusen , that cost us a place in the semi final. If we go a goal behind then most of the time we know the outcome, the team lacks the ability to alter the game plan and get back into the game. Once Arsenal scored there was only going to be 1 winner.
(5 )TALKING boll##ks. Highlights include blaming the world cup and resulting tiredness for our poor form. So Man Utd and Arsenal had no players there, if you knew this then why did you spend millions on players who featured in it. Other cr#p includes describing a home defeat to a lower division side ( with a player sent off ) as A BLESSING IN DISGUISE. Moreover you explain our poor finishing was down to a young inexperienced forward line that only had 50 caps between them. You come out with cr#p like we have the most shots on goal in the premiership etc. So f##king what ! Please do not insult our intelligence with cr#p like that. The only statistics that count at the end of the day are those concerning goals  scored and goals conceeded. If the latter exceeds the former then you are in s##t creek

This is not a rash reaction like you hear on the phone ins etc,
This is a reaction to almost 12 months of p#ss poor performances and unacceptable results. Over reaction ? Face facts since Middlesborough away last season we have played 35 games, won 12 , drawn 9 and lost 14 in the league , hardly the form of a team hoping to win the league. Add to that 2 cup exits at home , the lowest numner of lome league wins since  the dark ages and a mind blowing 11 league games without a win and  you should be worrying.
If you pay on results then something is amiss.
Thanks for some great memories Gerard but alas enough is enough.
THEBARON

Postby supersub » Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:02 pm

I unreservedly agree with everything you said baron,we are the laughing stock of the premiership.GH finally broke me saturday,not because of the result,but the complete and utter garbage he spoke after the game.He made himself look a total a#se,especially when his captain,the magnificent Steven Gerrard,told nothing but the truth in his interview.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:56 pm

I used to be a big fan of Houllier (although even when times were good he still amazed me with a few of his signings and formations) but personally I lost faith in him last year when Liverpool went 13 games without a win. I got sick of him saying that "We have turned the corner" or "I'm proud of my players" or (worst of all) "Of the last three games we lost we could just have easily have won".

I still think he's a reasonable coach but his time at Anfield is up.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion