Argggh...berger, of all pompey people! - Houllier's "vision"

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ihatemanyoo » Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:08 am

This just really shows the error of Houllier's judgment that Berger was "surplus to requirements".
ihatemanyoo

Postby Cleman » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:00 am

not only Berger...see Anelka...Litmanen....they have a great performance in new club....

Why they can't have such performance under Liverpool ? Is it due to the Liverpool playing style under GH?

Who knows if Cheyrou, Diao, Biscan, Heskey release from Liverpool, they can perform very much better....?
Cleman

Postby greenred » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:04 am

Houllier has been an idiot in the transfer market.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:01 pm

I think Houllier's record of turning potential world stars into mediocrety is second to none.All hail the master at work.Kewell will be a shadow of his former self by the time GH has finished with him.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby northern red » Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:13 pm

sounds as tho u pool fans have had it with that french tw#ts
northern red

Postby JBG » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:26 pm

supersub wrote:I think Houllier's record of turning potential world stars into mediocrety is second to none.All hail the master at work.Kewell will be a shadow of his former self by the time GH has finished with him.

Too true! :angry:

Think about it...

Robbie Fowler: Before Houllier: best natural finisher in England. After Houllier: Fat and unmotivated.

Emile Heskey: Before Houllier: Powerful young centre forward who caused havoc with his pace and strength at Leicester. After Houllier: Meek kitten who thinks the goal is somewhere down near the corner flag.

Bruno Cheyrou: before Houllier: the new Zidanne. After Houllier: a flippin' homosexual.

El Hadj Diouff: Before Houllier: sensational forward who almost singlehandedly defeated France at 2002 World Cup.
After Houllier: A player who can spit further than he can kick.

Salif Diao: Before Houllier: the new Patrick Viera: After Houllier: the new Jean Michel Ferrari.

Vladimir Smicer: Before Houllier: Top scorer of Czech Republic, the replacement for Steve McMannaman. After Houllier: the new Istvan Kozma (or Jimmy Carter!).

Djimi Traore: Before Houllier: Allegedly the best centre half in underage European football, dubbed the new Dessailly. After Houllier: the new Calton Palmer, thinks he's a basketballer.

Igor Biscan: Before Houllier: Captain of Croatia Zagreb in Champions League, captured from under the noses of Real Madrid and Juventus...after Houllier: rabbit caught in the headlights with a daft hair cut.

Need I go on?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby THEBARON » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:36 pm

Yes all points well put and I agree with all of them. Don't forget the goalkeeping situation ..... he let 2 goal keepers go, 1 is now England's 1st choice keeper ...the 2nd was arguably the best in the premiership last season.Now it must be noted that both didn't do themselves justice at Anfield but look what a change of coach can do. After a good first season Dudek is now half the player he was and the difference between him and Westerveld is narrowing.
Don'f forget Matteo looked a better player at Leeds and Dave Thompson hasn't done too badly post Houllier.
Although I agree that Houllier destroyed Fowler's confidence as a player I do think he was right to get rid of Robbie when he did. Looking at Fowler now he is a mere shadow of the class act he once was.
Looking at the current squad I feel a few sacrificial lambs will be out for slaughter to take the heat off Houllier.
Sami Hyypia for instance ?
Shame it won't be Heskey.......
THEBARON

Postby big al » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:01 pm

Jbg your a star mate but I wish you'd posted this on the Mr Houleir joke board.  What can I say except humour is often the best way to make everyone truely reflect on the absurdity of a situation. Brilliant mate Your spot on in evry point.

The Baron, I think that what really happened to Fowler is that he ate, breathed and slept Liverpool.  He had such great expectation placed on his shoulders that the only thing he could do was live up to it.  A tiff with Big nose thompson put pay the Robbie not Houlier the stupid french teacher.  I wonder if anyone knows anybody he taught in Liverpool.  Do they all live Skem.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion