A cheeky one. - Who was having a laugh?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:20 pm

This'll no doubt get moved or disappear. It's got no frying pans in it, it's written by a true Liverpool supporter and it's in English. Oh and Mick is my real name aswell, funny that.
Anyways, some time ago we had a thread about potential new signings given that we were strapped for cash, (can I just say at this point that Morientes is a fantastic player and signing). The blokes I threw up were Robert Earnshaw and Damien Francis. The response was absolute derision in the first case and who? in the second.
I've just checked on the stats and Earnshaw has 9 goals in 15 Premiership games, 3 from 2 F.A.Cup games. Francis has 8 from 20 Premiership games playing in midfield. Both will change hands for money should their clubs become relegated, particularly Francis who could make a player.
Should we sign 'em in the future? maybe, maybe not but both have shown that stepping up from the lower leagues CAN still be done IMHO.
Last edited by bigmick on Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:25 pm

r u gonna do this every time earnshaw scores ?  :D

Not seen enuff of francis.. but wouldn't mind earnshaw. He could be our super sub but he is butt ugly ..... :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:28 pm

Not quite every time Rock mate, the ugly little bugger stuck one in in midweek without me even noticing. Some people. :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:33 pm

bigmick wrote:Not quite every time Rock mate, the ugly little bugger stuck one in in midweek without me even noticing. Some people. :D

One word everton now thats one UGLY team :D  Sorry Mick, Back to Earnshaw havent seen him much just seen the goal midweek, I see hes got corn rolls like Pongolle now :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:46 pm

No doubt Earnshaw is currently on fire, but so was James Beattie a couple of seasons back. Where is he now? Everton? ... I rest my case! :D
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:16 pm

I could see this coming Mick after both scored today!

I don't think Earnshaw has 9 Premiership goals: that statistic probably includes a nu,ber of goals he got in the Championship.

I haven't seen enough of Francis to comment, but he looked ok before his injury.

Neither of these players are good enough, in my opinion, to make an impact at Liverpool and certainly not at Chelsea, Arsenal and Man UTD.

5 or 6 years ago John Hartson was scoring Premiership goals for fun and Brian Kidd, then assistant to Alex Ferguson, strenously argued for Hartson's signing for Man UTD. Ferguson said that it was one thing scoring a few goals for West Ham, but another thing regularly getting 20 or so a season for the likes of Man UTD.

If Earnshaw keeps scoring this season and scores a hatful again next season I might change my mind, but in my book we have our own version of him already in Florent Sinama Pongolle.

All the same, I'll study Damien Francis more.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:45 pm

Just saw damien francis's winner against WBA. Not bad. But like JBG said, will save my judgement on him after a few more games.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:02 pm

As long as we dont sign Andy Bleedin Johnson, hes a big fish in a small pond, I dont think he would be a success at Liverpool, he would be over priced, probably do p1ss all for us and then go for a small fee :D
82-1074641017

Postby The_Rock » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:17 pm

don't worry...if we never go in for pandiani & pennant...you think rafa will go in for andy johnson ?

He has world class players in his mind.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby King Dogleash » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:25 pm

sorry lads but those players youve mentioned are not in the same league as the type of players we need! would Arsenal or Manure buy players like that? no way, they know that a player needs to be up for european games as well as big league fixtures, none of hem have decent international experience, and all of em would be out of there depth at a club like ours, if we aspire for european and domestic glory we need to aim a lot higher than those players, they are mid table players at best!! We are on the right track with Morientes and Alonso, not to mention the half dozen world class player we already had why go back to the old Houllier standard sighnings? bring on the big boys? not the boys!
JESUS SAVES!! BUT GERRARD NETS THE REBOUND!!
King Dogleash

Postby The_Rock » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:30 pm

1st of all, lets cut all this "will manure buy him ? will chelsea buy him ?". I wouldn't have cygan in liverpool but arsenal play him regularily don't they ?

But i agree. Andy johnson will not make it here. He is no better than Morientas, Baros & Cisse. And we have Pongolle, Garcia, Mellor & ALT too.....
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:35 pm

u're having a laugh m8 no offense, no way
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby King Dogleash » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:07 pm

comparing a striker with Cygan who is an arsenal squad player and not as bad as some make out is completely way of mark, this is about rebuilding a team, ANdy Johnson as a squad players isnt that bad an idea, but earnshaw is laughable id rather use the kids like we have mellor and pongolle, but we need world class players in the team. At least two more, or Stevie G is gonna leave and we will need at least three, so leave the untried, use our youth and what we have, and bring in some more class, simple as that, and i trust rafa to do just that in the summer. Plese god stop pining for Earnshaw, we would be laughed at if we aspire to sign the likes of him!!
King Dogleash

Postby A.B. » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:20 pm

The_Rock wrote:1st of all, lets cut all this "will manure buy him ? will chelsea buy him ?". I wouldn't have cygan in liverpool but arsenal play him regularily don't they ?

But i agree. Andy johnson will not make it here. He is no better than Morientas, Baros & Cisse. And we have Pongolle, Garcia, Mellor & ALT too.....

Cygan starts because Campbell is injured, not because Wenger thinks he's a good defender.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby King Dogleash » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:08 pm

wenger thinks hes good enuff for his squad, so thats got to sya somthing about the player, ie good squad player. This is about players good enuff for LFC! we need 2-3 world class players, none of the players mentioned in this thread are that. Who would buy a LFC shirt with the name Earnshaw or Johnson on it? not one i bet what about Morientes? I bet weve sold a bucket load thats the differnence here.
King Dogleash

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion