Hi everyone - New to the forum

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby Red Red Tom » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:45 pm

Hi there.

My name is Tom, and I'm 18 years old, and a fanatical reds supporter.  CIGGY said I should introduce myself properly so here goes:

When I grew up I didn't know an awful lot about football, I was born in Hong Kong, and just never got into it.  A friend of mine kept trying, and told me that the best team in the world was Liverpool, and that Fowler was thier best player.  This didn't help at all, until at the age of 11 I moved to England.  I had started to get into football, obviously with my best friend nattering about Liverpool FC 24/7 from the ages of 8-11 meant there was only ever going to be one team.  His passion for the club had been obvious, and I excitedly turned on Match of the Day.  This young kid called Michael Owen scored four times and we stuffed Forest 5-1.  Since then I've never looked back.

I've been to Anfield 14 times, but not as often as I'd like, I've been to 9 away games as well, and just from these matches its obvious that we do indeed have the best fans in the world.

As soon as I have the money for the deposit I'm putting my name on the season ticket holders waiting list.  I tried asking for my 18th birthday, but no luck.  :(  I guess I could list a few things, like a profile now, so here goes.

First Anfield match:  Liverpool 0-1 Watford (ouch)
First Away match: Wimbledon 1-2 Liverpool (TWO for Heskey!!)
Best moment (apart from winning the European Cup):  Chelsea semi OR the Arsenal final.  The homecoming parade was pretty special to. (Skived my last ever day of school for that, lol.  Worth it to see Old Big Ears though).
Most hated rivals:  Difficult.  Man Utd vs Everton was always the obvious choice, with Utd winning hands down as complete and utter w*nkers.  Recently though Chel$ki have taken over.  Gerrard saga, CC Final, Alonso tackle, the injustice of that game's defeat, their arrogant manner and the fact that they have bought the title has pushed them just ahead of Utd in the 'teams I love to hate' list.
Favourite player:  Carra, hands down.  Xabi is awesome too though.

I'm hopeful that having lurked on this forum for over 6 months I'll be familiar enough with the ins and outs, the do's and don'ts to slip in without any problems.  I look forward to posting with you all, because after all, we all support the same team.

EDIT: Forgot to mention - this forum has given me many great laughs, but the best one came from a W*nkchester Utd fan.  Anyone else remember the '6 months dole' thread?  I have a copy printed and stuck to my wall...

YNWA.
Red Red Tom

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:48 pm

Great introduction mate :D Welcome and happy postin' young Tom :)
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1106852058 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:57 pm

Welcome aboard mate.If I was you Iwould put my name down now for that season ticket,You will be able to pay for it with your first weeks pension. :p
84-1106852058

Postby Red Red Tom » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:59 pm

The Red Baron wrote:Welcome aboard mate.If I was you Iwould put my name down now for that season ticket,You will be able to pay for it with your first weeks pension. :p

I was under the impression there would be a whopping deposit to pay?  Otherwise, I'll apply now!
Red Red Tom

Postby skipper » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:01 pm

Welcome to our forum, mate. :)
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Afroman » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:07 pm

Welcome to the forum.
So far your posts have impressed me :;):
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1106852058 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:15 pm

Red Red Tom wrote:
The Red Baron wrote:Welcome aboard mate.If I was you Iwould put my name down now for that season ticket,You will be able to pay for it with your first weeks pension. :p

I was under the impression there would be a whopping deposit to pay?  Otherwise, I'll apply now!

No Tom,you can apply now without any deposit,but there is something like a 15 year waiting list.If they go ahead and build a new stadium this should make some impression on the list but you will still be married with 3 kids when yuo get your ticket. :p
84-1106852058

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:27 pm

I've been on the waiting list for three years mate and I'm still no closer to getting one.  I have to rely on people I know to get me spares to go to the games.  I'm going to the Sunderland game and CSKA Sofia games this week though.
jonnymac1979

Postby Red Red Tom » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:40 pm

Alright - cheers everyone.  I'm going out tonight (starting a new job tomoz, so last day of freedom...) but when the hangovers gone I'll look into getting on the list.

Thanks again.

Tom
Red Red Tom

Postby 66-1120597113 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:42 pm

:D Good lad !! Start a new job in the mornin pie eyed!
66-1120597113

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:31 pm

Tom, having read your posts in this short time so far, you seem like you are going to brighten this place up mate.

Welcome fella. :)
jonnymac1979

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:32 pm

Feck off to your cave Tom, we don't want a fecker like you here.

Just kidding Tom, welcome to the forum and have fun :D :laugh: :D
Last edited by A.B. on Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby ry_math » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:56 pm

welum bud :D :laugh:
ry_math

Postby Garymac » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:48 pm

Welcome to the board mate and ill 2nd what Jonny said, your posts have been well impressive so far.....and if you are out tonight remember to post your p!ssed activites on  here, we love to here a good P!ssed up story!!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:59 pm

Welcome aboard Tom :buttrock
CIGGY :)
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Introductions Forum