Hello

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby The Saint » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:21 pm

NANNY RED wrote:do you know what Saint they should have an Arl Ar.ses thread on here were we can reminise,  :laugh: over 40s

I gonna start a You Haven't Heard it for ages thread as soon as I can start threads. How long is it before they unleash me :laugh:

Full of ould :censored: music :idea
The Saint

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:25 pm

The Saint wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:do you know what Saint they should have an Arl Ar.ses thread on here were we can reminise,  :laugh: over 40s

I gonna start a You Haven't Heard it for ages thread as soon as I can start threads. How long is it before they unleash me :laugh:

Full of ould :censored: music :idea

:laugh: no more jukies theres loads already an some of the djs are :censored: they dont let you play what record you want :laugh: in it Woof
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Saint » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Sod it I may as well start my own juke box on this thread then
Proper music from the 70's :wwww
The Saint

Postby The Saint » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:33 pm

I'll start with this

Pinball Brian Protheroe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQuCqNVdxTc

Protheroe was playing the part of a pop singer in a play called "Death on Demand" when a representative from Chrysalis Records heard a song he had written for the show. His first single, "Pinball" was released in August 1974, the single entered the chart at number 40 and hit a peak of number 22.
Last edited by The Saint on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Saint

Postby The Saint » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:34 pm

Colin Blunstone - I dont believe in Miracles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nxm1meFh-8

Blunstone's plaintive, wistful voice was one of the factors making The Zombies' single, "She's Not There" (written by fellow band member Rod Argent), such a big hit worldwide. After the amicable split of the band, shortly after completing the baroque-pop classic LP, Odessey and Oracle, Blunstone briefly worked in the insurance business before resuming his musical career. In 1969, he signed with Deram Records and cut three singles under the pseudonym of Neil MacArthur, including a re-make of The Zombies' hit, "She's Not There" which charted in the UK.

He had some success as a solo artist, singing in a much gentler, softer style, notably with "Say You Don't Mind" in 1972 (written by Denny Laine) and "I Don't Believe in Miracles".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-wekAq-s34
Say you dont mind
Last edited by The Saint on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Saint

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:34 pm

The Saint wrote:Sod it I may as well start my own juke box on this thread then
Proper music from the 70's :wwww

Weve got one :laugh: in the general chat section.
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:38 pm

The Saint wrote:
s@int wrote:I went against West Ham that season as well Nanny, I remember Tommy Smith tackling Clyde Best on the edge of our area as if it was yesterday. It was a real clash of the heavyweights. The thud as they collided could be heard in the kop. Everyone went OOOOHHH  :D

Do you remember Tommy Smiths Duel with SuperMac. Tommy walked him into the corner flag everytime he came down our end.

I don't think I ever saw Supermac play mate. I know he was picked for the cup final in '74, but like I said I never saw him play :D

I went to the Ipswich v Arsenal cup final a few years later, and he didn't turn up that day either.
account deleted by request

Postby The Saint » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:42 pm

What this place like of a night?  I "work" night shift so was wondering what its like after midnight?
The Saint

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:42 pm

s@int wrote:
The Saint wrote:
s@int wrote:I went against West Ham that season as well Nanny, I remember Tommy Smith tackling Clyde Best on the edge of our area as if it was yesterday. It was a real clash of the heavyweights. The thud as they collided could be heard in the kop. Everyone went OOOOHHH  :D

Do you remember Tommy Smiths Duel with SuperMac. Tommy walked him into the corner flag everytime he came down our end.

I don't think I ever saw Supermac play mate. I know he was picked for the cup final in '74, but like I said I never saw him play :D

I went to the Ipswich v Arsenal cup final a few years later, and he didn't turn up that day either.

I rembember Big Joe Jordan with no teeth playing one game he didnt half take a smack off Smith, I used to love them  Liverpool v Leeds games . Back then they were the highlight of the season, tough crunching games you had to be able to look after youself in them matches
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:44 pm

The Saint wrote:What this place like of a night?  I "work" night shift so was wondering what its like after midnight?

The strippers come out :laugh: A few pole dancers an all,

But loads of wums especialy after a game
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Saint » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:45 pm

I was watching Chelsea V Liverpool on ITV4 today Chopper Harris was playing and Kenny looked about 10 years old :D
Last edited by The Saint on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Saint

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:53 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
s@int wrote:
The Saint wrote:

I rembember Big Joe Jordan with no teeth playing one game he didnt half take a smack off Smith, I used to love them  Liverpool v Leeds games . Back then they were the highlight of the season, tough crunching games you had to be able to look after youself in them matches

Best free kick I ever saw at Anfield was against Newcastle. Tommy Gibb kicked Stjohn to the floor and all the ref did was give Liverpool a freekick.

Stjohn stood over the ball as if to take the kick while Gibb took up his place on the end of the Newcastle wall. Stjohn ran over the ball leaving it for Smith, and ran passed the wall,as he passed the wall Stjohn either BUTTED OR THUMPED Gibb who went down like a sack of spuds. It was so fast I am sure the ref never saw anything apart from Gibb going down.

Stjohn got booked and we didn't score from the freekick, but Gibb never went near Stjohn for the rest of the game.

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:19 am

Do you know what with all the stick Lucas is gettin i was just thinking remember the stick Alec Lindsey got when he was knocking off some young bird. Ill never forget that day. the abuse he took up an down that line was merciful
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:30 am

NANNY RED wrote:Do you know what with all the stick Lucas is gettin i was just thinking remember the stick Alec Lindsey got when he was knocking off some young bird. Ill never forget that day. the abuse he took up an down that line was merciful

Alec Lindsey runs a pub in Leigh now Nanny. A lot of the old players used to live near me (probably still do!). Hunt, Lawrence, Lindsey etc

Postby The Saint » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:28 am

I just had to put this classic Aussie song on this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUWi7XgU4T8
The Saint

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions Forum