Hello - I might as well introduce myself

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby Rafa D » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:04 am

Hello,

I've been a member of these forums for just over a year now and I have never introduced myself properly.

My name is Steve Dodd, I am 21 years old and I have supported Liverpool Football Club all my life. I live just outside Liverpool, on the Wirral ( the posher part of Merseyside  :D  ) in Birkenhead. I work for the train company that supplies all trains across Liverpool and the Wirral. I have a girlfriend but no children and do not intend on any for many many years.

My first Liverpool game was in 93/94 season and we lost 1 - 0 at Anfield to Sheffield Utd. I was hooked. I sat in the Paddock with my Uncle and was instantly hooked with the Reds. This was not my first football match. My Dad is/was a loyal Evertonian and used to follow them all over the world before me and my brother came along. I've heard all about his escapades since at parties and weddings, and he was a typical football fan in the 70's and 80's. He tried to get me to support Everton and took me many Everton games as a kid. My only memories of this was sitting in a half empty stadium watching Everton lose 4 - 0 to QPR. It was empty and dead, and did not provide an inch of the excitement I got from watching the Redmen play. At Anfield, my hairs were on end, hearing the roar of the Kop and "You'll Never Walk Alone". I knew Liverpool were the club for me from day one.

[flash=1,1]http://www.merci.hk/image.swf[/flash]As a kid I grew up in the Fowler - Spice Boys era. Robbie Fowler is my hero. He was a legend when I was growing up and I was always Fowler on the playground. I have met Robbie a few times and he is a true great at Liverpool Football Club. I have been quite lucky meeting players. I have met David James at Bromborough, Paul Ince in Birkenhead. Rush a few times. I have met John Barnes many times playing rugby against one of his children. The first player I ever met was John Barnes, a few years before he watched me play rugby. I was only about 7 or 8 at the time. I was in Discovery Zone in Bromborough Retail Park - its not there anymore, it was like a big play zone for kids. Anyways i was there and he was there with his children. I saw him and pointed him out and my grandad gave me a £50 note and told me to go and ask him to sign it. I looked at the £50 note and it was massive to a 7 year old. I ran over with a pen and the £50 note to Barnesey. He seen me coming and took the £50 note, rolled it up and put it in his pocket and said "Thanks mate". I didn't know what to do, so I went to walk away and he and my famliy burst out laughing. He signed the note and it sits in my draw at home. Whatever happens it will always be worth £50.

I did not get to that many games as a kid. My dad was a blue but more of an armchairer by that time so I only went with my uncle or if my best mate had a spare. My best mate is Lee. We grew up together and are thick as theives. We always got into trouble as kids and always got caught. Lee's dad has like 4 season tickets in a row in the Paddock - 5 seats from Rafa, and if he had a spare I would go. Down to this I only got to about 8 games a season as a kid. Everytime I went though, I got that feeling inside. Lee's in the army now, so to save him losing money etc, I take all 4 of his seats for Champions League and F.A Cup games, I also buy one on my fan card, thats why many times I have advertised Champions League tickets up on here -doubt it will be happening for the Barcelona game though.

I go to as many home and away games as money and time off work allows. My job is a weekend job so the Saturdays are quite hard to be off for. Thats why my away days fizzle out towards the end of the year as I have no more Annual Leave days left.

Anyways thats me for now..
Last edited by Rafa D on Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:08 am

Oh BTW - I am still on a season ticket waiting list that seems to go on and on. I am however a PTS member so get tickets quite easliy for all home games. The away games come off Lee's season tickets.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:08 am

I've been a member for nearly 2 years and I still haven't done one of these :D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:13 am

Definitely an alter-ego - oasis? :D

Nice intro Rafa, welcome and happy posting :)
account deleted by request

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:43 am

you english is too good for someone from birkenhead   ???

WUM

:D
112-1077774096

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:47 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:My Dad is/was a loyal Evertonian

Deffo a bitter on wind-up. :nod  Birkenhead, my a.rse...this lad's got the reek of Rhyl all over him!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby babu » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:09 am

welcome to the forum Rafa-Dodd and happy posting :D

this thread got me thinking about other members that have been on here for ages and never introduced themselves. i was willing to bet that leon had never introduced himself. I got a suprise when i looked though.

Not quite an introduction, but its Leon encouraging people to join-up and disagree with him. Oh where have the good ole days gone?   :D

Posted by
Leonmc0708
LFC Elite Member
Group: LFC Premium Members
I was just veiwing the On-Line users list and I noticed there were 23 guests veiwing topics.

Just a message to you guys, why not sign up, the more people on here the merrier.

If one of my posts has got you riled, if you want to have a pop at Stu or if you disagree with anyone elses views on here, why not sign up and throw your two penneths worth into the mixer.

Speak to you soon......

haha he almost seems nice.  :D

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:50 am

We don't want your sort on here, Raf.

Happy posting, you toff! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:29 am

This thread is playing YNWA. How do you do it?
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:55 am

Hello Raffa-Dodd you seem a nice person look forward to having many a good chat with you, if you let me. :D
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:58 pm

dward wrote:This thread is playing YNWA. How do you do it?

I'll tell you when your old enough.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:04 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:I grew up in the  Discovery Zone in Bromborough Retail Park .

Isn't that near Runcorn ?    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Rafa D » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:37 pm

Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:03 am

s@int wrote:Definitely an alter-ego - oasis? :D

Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:09 am

Nice post Rafa....made interesting reading..

And good that you've met so many players - Rushie is my fav.... (and Baros of course...but mainly 'cause he's got a pretty face. :D)

Welcome to the forum...you'll love it!!   :;):   :)
Last edited by shanks72 on Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Introductions Forum