Flights to athens - European cup final

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby RonnieOReilly » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:49 pm

Has anyone tried checking out the prices for air travel for Athens on 23rd May? Very expensive. If anyone can find cheaper than £350 per person return then gives me a nudge.
RonnieOReilly

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:07 pm

Mate I went on a short holiday to Athens last year , even in march the best I could find was still over £200.

Best suggestion (if you have the time) would be to take an all inclusive package holiday in the immediate area .

Piraus (the port town for Athens ) is closer to the ground than Athens itself and accomodation should be a lot cheaper.

Bear in mind that the rail link from Athens airport into Athens closes at 8pm, after that it's buses or taxi only.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RonnieOReilly » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:47 pm

woof woof. top man. That helped. Nice one fella! YNWA
RonnieOReilly

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:49 am

No problem Ronnie , but please ignore my comment about Pireaus being closer to the ground than Athens , I confused the stadium Olympiakos play in with the Olympic stadium .

This guy Matt Barrett link knows Athens inside out , his guide to Athens is well worth a read . I followed his advice and with the exception of one restaurant all his recomendations were spot on .

Keep in mind that Athens is NOT cheap . All prices went up when they hosted the olympics and they haven't come back down again .
Last edited by woof woof ! on Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:07 pm

woof woof ! wrote:No problem Ronnie , but please ignore my comment about Pireaus being closer to the ground than Athens , I confused the stadium Olympiakos play in with the Olympic stadium .

This guy Matt Barrett link knows Athens inside out , his guide to Athens is well worth a read . I followed his advice and with the exception of one restaurant all his recomendations were spot on .

Keep in mind that Athens is NOT cheap . All prices went up when they hosted the olympics and they haven't come back down again .

But what is money if Liverpool make it to Athens?  :buttrock
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:43 pm

JBG wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:No problem Ronnie , but please ignore my comment about Pireaus being closer to the ground than Athens , I confused the stadium Olympiakos play in with the Olympic stadium .

But what is money if Liverpool make it to Athens?  :buttrock

:D  True JB , but it's good to be prepared . I just wasn't expecting nr London prices on a bottle of  beer . Mithras seems to be the top lager and it's pretty good , of course given the climate in Greece almost any lager tastes good .

Tip 2

Eating , don't order a Greek Salad per person . They cost on average £4-£5 per plate (in the tourist areas) . It's only a load of tomato's and greens with a slab of Feta cheese on top. One bowl is  certainly enough for two , possibly three .

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Return to Introductions Forum