This is anfield - Take a look

Hillsborough remembrance and related information

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:02 am

Been doing a bit of research on all things Liverpool Football Club over the last few weeks.  I've visited loads of Liverpool websites, even the obscure ones made years ago which haven't been updated.

Anyway, found a site full of content called This Is Anfield.  Went on their forum for a look and noticed this page.

It's about the fact that relations between Everton and Liverpool fans, although portrayed by the media for being the friendly Derby; it's anything but friendly now.

Anyway, this Bluenose logged on and posted this.  Have a read.  Plus, the pictures are worth a thousand words.

Click Here To View

Edit: Mods, this is anything but advertising, you know how loyal I am to this site.  :)
Last edited by jonnymac1979 on Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonnymac1979

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:14 am

:( Brought tears to my eyes again, god it seems like yesterday going to anfield and seeing the sea of tributes.
Such a moving time, I went on the sunday morning about 8.30 to anfield with my mum, she was at Hillsborough, there was grown men sobbing and no they where not Liverpool fans they where geordies, that had travelled to Liverpool, they where so distraught everyone was.
Then we went back on the tuesday and the tributes where growing, by the friday the pitch just looked amazing, that Liverpool got so much respect from everyone.
I will never ever forget it.

R.I.P. Hillsborough 96 gone but not forgotten.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:35 pm

i dont rememebr much about hillsborough i got to admit. i was 12 at the time and was out playing football with my mates, i came home to watch the telly and the football results when i saw what had happened. altho i was only 12 i knew it was something real bad. My parents dont watch football so they never really understood the full effect of it i think. Dont get me wrong, they knew the tragedy, but for me it just felt so much more real, yet completely unreal at the same time if u know what i mean.
I never knew anyone there, but since '89 ive met friends who lost loved ones. I guess as a liverpool fan from london and being 12 it didnt mean as much to at the time (this isnt me being rude, its just a fact of life, as kids we distance ourselves from things that dont affect the people around us at the time). As ive grown up tho ive learnt a lot more about the tragedy and i got to admit it brings a tear to my eye, but the memory we keep of the poeple involved makes me smile. We love football, but not more than anything, we still have morales, good judgement and compassion whcih is most important in this day and age.
This is my 3000th post, deicated to the memory of those who lost there lives, they will always be remembered
YNWA
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:29 am

felt like crying
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:09 pm

just in the middle of reading Hillsborough: The Truth by Phil Scraton, excellent read, very emotional, fills you with feelings of great sadness and anger at the lack of compassion and ineptitude of the South Yorkshire Police and British media at the time.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:33 pm

LFC #1 wrote:just in the middle of reading Hillsborough: The Truth by Phil Scraton, excellent read, very emotional, fills you with feelings of great sadness and anger at the lack of compassion and ineptitude of the South Yorkshire Police and British media at the time.

I put that book down half finished.  Couldn't finish it.
jonnymac1979

Postby ScouseTommy » Sun May 08, 2005 1:18 pm

The pictures really do bring it all back to you. Lost for words.
1892 - 2005
18 League Titles
6 F.A Cups
7 League Cups
5 European Cups
3 UEFA Cups
2 European Super Cups
1 Super Cup
14 Charity Shields
Y.N.W.A
ScouseTommy

Postby 84-1106852058 » Sun May 08, 2005 3:49 pm

FEEL EXACLY THE SAME MATE
84-1106852058

Postby 82-1074641017 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:51 am

I was bearly out of nappies at the time but i remember it like it was yesterday, half of my family are blues and they felt as sad as us reds. People we knew who were barely on our doorsteps died that day, the way it was covered up was a disgrace.  In my hometown we know people who are still fighting for justice for their deceased relatives now :(
82-1074641017

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:49 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:just in the middle of reading Hillsborough: The Truth by Phil Scraton, excellent read, very emotional, fills you with feelings of great sadness and anger at the lack of compassion and ineptitude of the South Yorkshire Police and British media at the time.

I put that book down half finished.  Couldn't finish it.

I know what you mean Jonny, at times I had to stop reading it cos it was so emotional, and at other times I felt like throwing the book across the room.

It really highlights the injustice over the last 15 years.

JFT96, YNWA.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:25 pm

i remember Hillsborough, got say i was devasted :(
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FeDe!!! -lariano- » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:25 pm

this is a important stadium for the story... :(
Last edited by FeDe!!! -lariano- on Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COMO IN MY HEART!!!

... e canteremo dalle gradinate... la nostra fede non l'arrestate!!!
FeDe!!! -lariano-

Postby Xabi_14 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:21 pm

I remember the tragedy although I didn't find out properly untill the monday.  At home my family wasn't football orientated at that time (me excluded) and like others in here I was young so couldn't really take in the significane of the tragedy.  Being from London your far away enough to not feel the pain as all you get are news reports and pictures.  The pictures of the KOP covered in flowers and tributes did hit home that it was something that never should have happend.  Over time with growing up, hearing about Hillsborough, the injustice of the police and the disgusting comments from the Sun I started to understand how it could really destroy someone.  Watching the documentry that ITV showed in the 90's really brought it home for me and I felt devestated that anyone would have to go through that.  After all people just went to a football game, no one ever thought this would happen.  I was at Anfield Sunday against Bolton and by the memorial I felt really moved and could feel tears welling up.  For the 96 people who lost their lives on that fateful day, we shall never forget you, RIP ynwa
Xabi_14

Postby Ciggy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:44 am

I will tell my story again some of you may have read it before some maybe not.

My mum step dad and his two brothers travelled to Sheffield that morning, I had to stay home and look after my nan who we lived with, this was nothing new because my mum and step dad season ticket holders followed the mighty reds everywhere all over Europe.
I always felt left out being left behind whilst they went everywhere, but I was happy with the presents they brought me back out of guilt for leaving me behind.

They set off around 7 in the morning, just a normal day me and me nan had the TV on as some images came through what looked like crowd trouble, thinking back to Heysel I turned the TV off and thought oh no not again.
Then the phone rang maybe half an hour later it was my uncle have you heard from your mum?

I said no why he said theres people dying there I went absolutly sick, cold, white I thought my poor old nan what can I say or do shall I tell her?

Put the TV back on and the images where sickly gut  wrenching I was just staring looking could I see my mum and step dad and uncles, all I seen was bodies being dragged onto the pitch and people getting dragged up.

Wheres my mum, where is she I was pacing the floor crying shaking, my family came to our house as we waited for news, we where ringing the hotline for names praying to god that my family was in that makeshift morgue.

Them scenes where not real how could this have happened it was meant to be a great day out at a football ground why did it happen and who was responsible for this.

The hours went by the clock ticked no phone calls from my mum to say they where safe we feared the worst I was unconsolable, 11 O'clock they walked in my mum full of bruises and just devastated where she had been dragged up out of the pen, they had gotten separted in the tunnel my mum was in the middle of it with my uncle the others had been pushed upstairs in the separation.

They told of the horrors they had witnessed, and the sights they had never seen all my mum kept saying was but everything just came away from them, everything, she was sobbing these words that where not coming out properly  with the tears and the pain in her heart.

We stayed up all night just crying and crying and Ive never felt a pain so bad in my heart as I did that day and night, and it brings back so vivid memories everytime I think about it I have tears writting this now.

Visiting Anfield that whole week I have never witnessed anything so painful in all my life, the eary silence only cries could be heared every day.

The football world came together all the bitter rivalry was put aside, the scarfs from every club fans from every club where there to pay there respects.
There was these Newcastle fans they where just sobbing and sobbing they came back to our house whilst we talked about what had happened they had been on a stag night in Liverpool, and stayed in Liverpool because this had happened whom ever they are thank you for your gratitude.

I was one of the lucky ones, that I got my family back that day but there are 96 families that didnt. I thank god with all my heart for not taking them away from me because my mum is my world and if you would have taken here away from me I would have probably joined her.

Rest in Peace our 96 red family forever in our thoughts and in our Prayers God bless xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kim82822222 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:23 am

ive just finished the book and i agree it fills you with sadness and anger but is an excellent read .

R.I.P 96

YNWA
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
kim82822222

Next

Return to Hillsborough