This is anfield - Take a look

Hillsborough remembrance and related information

Postby bng89 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:49 am

I was to young to remember what was going on in that part of the world(i was alone 7 at the time). But now i am older, i know a lot more about that sad day and how much impact it has on everyone in the football world.
Seeing those photos really hit hard :sniffle

R.I.P 96
YNWA
Liverpool FC 1892
bng89

Postby AussieKopite » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:38 am

YNWA 96
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks74 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:09 pm

I was 15 at the time and i remember that day very well,i was watching my local non league side play and had my ear glued to a pocket radio expecting to hear a commentry on gripping cup semi.
What interest i had in the game i was at evaporated when the news filtered through that something was terribly wrong,i got in to see the tail end of Grandstand and learned that people had died and was in a state of numbness - unable to comprehend the scale of what had happened.I was deeply distressed but that cant be 0%  of the pain that relatives of those directly affected felt,i too have read "Hillsborough The Truth" which i wish more people would read.

I was able to pay my respects the the 96 when i was at the Hillsborough Justice Concert in 97,a very emotoinal night for all who was there.

R.I.P the 96 - you will never be forgotten
shanks74

Postby Lazy Boyo » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:46 pm

rip everyone from that day an all my sympathy goes out to all there relatives you truely will "never walk alone"

Lazy Boyo

Postby luvliverpool » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:42 am

Ciggy wrote:I will tell my story again some of you may have read it before some maybe not.

My mum step dad and his two brothers travelled to Sheffield that morning, I had to stay home and look after my nan who we lived with, this was nothing new because my mum and step dad season ticket holders followed the mighty reds everywhere all over Europe.
I always felt left out being left behind whilst they went everywhere, but I was happy with the presents they brought me back out of guilt for leaving me behind.

They set off around 7 in the morning, just a normal day me and me nan had the TV on as some images came through what looked like crowd trouble, thinking back to Heysel I turned the TV off and thought oh no not again.
Then the phone rang maybe half an hour later it was my uncle have you heard from your mum?

I said no why he said theres people dying there I went absolutly sick, cold, white I thought my poor old nan what can I say or do shall I tell her?

Put the TV back on and the images where sickly gut  wrenching I was just staring looking could I see my mum and step dad and uncles, all I seen was bodies being dragged onto the pitch and people getting dragged up.

Wheres my mum, where is she I was pacing the floor crying shaking, my family came to our house as we waited for news, we where ringing the hotline for names praying to god that my family was in that makeshift morgue.

Them scenes where not real how could this have happened it was meant to be a great day out at a football ground why did it happen and who was responsible for this.

The hours went by the clock ticked no phone calls from my mum to say they where safe we feared the worst I was unconsolable, 11 O'clock they walked in my mum full of bruises and just devastated where she had been dragged up out of the pen, they had gotten separted in the tunnel my mum was in the middle of it with my uncle the others had been pushed upstairs in the separation.

They told of the horrors they had witnessed, and the sights they had never seen all my mum kept saying was but everything just came away from them, everything, she was sobbing these words that where not coming out properly  with the tears and the pain in her heart.

We stayed up all night just crying and crying and Ive never felt a pain so bad in my heart as I did that day and night, and it brings back so vivid memories everytime I think about it I have tears writting this now.

Visiting Anfield that whole week I have never witnessed anything so painful in all my life, the eary silence only cries could be heared every day.

The football world came together all the bitter rivalry was put aside, the scarfs from every club fans from every club where there to pay there respects.
There was these Newcastle fans they where just sobbing and sobbing they came back to our house whilst we talked about what had happened they had been on a stag night in Liverpool, and stayed in Liverpool because this had happened whom ever they are thank you for your gratitude.

I was one of the lucky ones, that I got my family back that day but there are 96 families that didnt. I thank god with all my heart for not taking them away from me because my mum is my world and if you would have taken here away from me I would have probably joined her.

Rest in Peace our 96 red family forever in our thoughts and in our Prayers God bless xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

In tears just reading this story......im happy that you got your family home and safe, and feel very sad for those who did not.

RIP 96 we will never forget you
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby soccerfreek421 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:56 am

Ciggy wrote:I will tell my story again some of you may have read it before some maybe not.

My mum step dad and his two brothers travelled to Sheffield that morning, I had to stay home and look after my nan who we lived with, this was nothing new because my mum and step dad season ticket holders followed the mighty reds everywhere all over Europe.
I always felt left out being left behind whilst they went everywhere, but I was happy with the presents they brought me back out of guilt for leaving me behind.

They set off around 7 in the morning, just a normal day me and me nan had the TV on as some images came through what looked like crowd trouble, thinking back to Heysel I turned the TV off and thought oh no not again.
Then the phone rang maybe half an hour later it was my uncle have you heard from your mum?

I said no why he said theres people dying there I went absolutly sick, cold, white I thought my poor old nan what can I say or do shall I tell her?

Put the TV back on and the images where sickly gut  wrenching I was just staring looking could I see my mum and step dad and uncles, all I seen was bodies being dragged onto the pitch and people getting dragged up.

Wheres my mum, where is she I was pacing the floor crying shaking, my family came to our house as we waited for news, we where ringing the hotline for names praying to god that my family was in that makeshift morgue.

Them scenes where not real how could this have happened it was meant to be a great day out at a football ground why did it happen and who was responsible for this.

The hours went by the clock ticked no phone calls from my mum to say they where safe we feared the worst I was unconsolable, 11 O'clock they walked in my mum full of bruises and just devastated where she had been dragged up out of the pen, they had gotten separted in the tunnel my mum was in the middle of it with my uncle the others had been pushed upstairs in the separation.

They told of the horrors they had witnessed, and the sights they had never seen all my mum kept saying was but everything just came away from them, everything, she was sobbing these words that where not coming out properly  with the tears and the pain in her heart.

We stayed up all night just crying and crying and Ive never felt a pain so bad in my heart as I did that day and night, and it brings back so vivid memories everytime I think about it I have tears writting this now.

Visiting Anfield that whole week I have never witnessed anything so painful in all my life, the eary silence only cries could be heared every day.

The football world came together all the bitter rivalry was put aside, the scarfs from every club fans from every club where there to pay there respects.
There was these Newcastle fans they where just sobbing and sobbing they came back to our house whilst we talked about what had happened they had been on a stag night in Liverpool, and stayed in Liverpool because this had happened whom ever they are thank you for your gratitude.

I was one of the lucky ones, that I got my family back that day but there are 96 families that didnt. I thank god with all my heart for not taking them away from me because my mum is my world and if you would have taken here away from me I would have probably joined her.

Rest in Peace our 96 red family forever in our thoughts and in our Prayers God bless xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Amazing story, I know that feeling as well, 9/11...I would ask what happened but I have searched through the topics and have found stories.  My prayers go out to all of those effected by this

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very
disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more
important than that." Bill Shankly
soccerfreek421
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:56 pm

Liverpool vs Everton Cup Final 1989 - Being shown on ESPN Classic (Sky Chennel 442) at 9pm tonight.

Remember the 96 - YNWA
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby soccerfreek421 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:09 am

Is it being shown in the States???

soccerfreek421
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:08 pm

Sorry Soccerfreek, got your message late.... Don't think they'll run it over the pond, just to make your mouth water more, they've had 2 more games on this afternoon - Vs Arsenal in 1977 and Vs Villa in 1976.... Quality stuff!

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby soccerfreek421 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:59 pm

Thanks, the only things they show on ESPN Classic over here is boxing, college american football, and oh yea cant forget the almighty hockey....

soccerfreek421
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:54 am

Ciggy... I'm struggling to find the words to match the feelings that I have after reading this... every now and then on this forum somebody writes a piece so powerful that I am moved to tears

RIP 96
YNWA
PhiLFC

Previous

Return to Hillsborough