For every single person on these message boards.

Hillsborough remembrance and related information

Postby bry » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:18 pm

hi im a blue ive just posted this on our forum where we are discussing our memories

i was six at the time and i remember bein at my nans with all my aunties and cousins(all my uncles and my dad where at the villa) and like any young lad in the late 80's early 90's after the initial devistation of not goin the match the realisation that grandstand would keep me informed. at five to three i sat approximately 6 inches away from the tv waitin to here that sheedy had curled one with his left stick from 35 yards, at ten past three if my memory servs me well( and apologies if it dont) liverpool were 1 up and i was dreamin of goin to an all merseyside final, 10 mins later i really didnt care if we won or not the news started floodin through that somethin had happened in sheffield i was in shock i, although at a young age, knew about heysel and was always told never to leave my family at the match cause somethin might happen, i went into the kitchen were all the women of the family had gathered to have their weekly gossip i walked in with a sad face and i remember a comment "don't worry they won't get beat there's still ages to go" and i just shook my head in silence and pointed towards the tv where pictures had started to flood back within 5 seconds all the women where around the tv and i heard an all mighty cry, we had family in the leppins lane end, im relived to say they all came home safely, but my thoughts are with the families who never. at around 7 o clock that evenin it was clear lives had been lost and at that moment my dad and my uncles burst through the door i dont think anyone had been so relived to see each other like that before i just remember my dad pickin me up and tellin me he came home as quick as he could just to be with his family, and i suppose it was the same for everyone who was there at the villa that day. there are two others things about that day that stand out, firstly in all the goings on in the day i didnt even get to know the result til the next day because i just didnt care at the time and secondly that is my first ever memory its the first thig i can ever remember in my life. may all the families of those who were lost have my sympathy and my we all remember what happened 15 years ago with the most respect.

JUSTICE FOR THE 96

R.I.P

if its ok im goin to stay around for a bit and read some of your own memories
bry

Postby Woollyback » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:35 pm

Bry, that's a really nice post. Very poignant. I'm a bit older than you, I'd just turned 18 back then and can remember with crystal clarity where I was and what I felt.

It was a hot sunny day and I'd spent a while on the beach in Anglesey near where I grew up. Me & my mate Andy had planned to go back to his mum's house to watch the game but we got there late for kick-off by about 15 mins after chatting up some girls from Cheshire on the way.

We got back full of excitement about the game, the thought of it leading to an all-Merseyside final was fantastic. Andy's older brother was in the lounge fixated by what was going on on the telly. Straight away I thought that was weird cos he wasn't remotely interested in football. It's strange how a million and one thoughts can go through your mind in the space of a few seconds but before he could even tell us what was going on I knew something serious must have been happening.

Over the rest of that afternoon it all became clear what had happened and I felt sick to the stomach. May best mate Mark had been there and I rang his mum to see if he was OK but she was in a blind panic cos she hadn't heard from him since he left that morning. That evening we found out that thank God he was OK and the sense of relief was unbelievable. Even now I think that was somehow a selfish thought, how everything seemed a lot better cos I knew Mark was safe even though there were so many who wouldn't share his luck.

In the days that followed all the repulsive headlines were banded about, worst of all by that gutter-rag The Scum. I remember some people actually believing some of the poisonous lies they printed and my mum & dad sticking up for the people of Liverpool at work. One of the lies about Liverpool fans picking the pockets of their own dead had my dad in a rage. He'd always told me his abiding memory of being on the KOP when he lived in Liverpool was of a guy being taken ill and passed down over the crowd to the St Johns Ambulance people at the front . A minute later a fan went down after him with a load of loose change that had fallen out of the guy's pockets.     

That's my memory of that day and it will be with me as long as I live.

It's all been said a million times before but it still needs saying as often as as it takes: There must be Justice for the 96

Until that day comes I posted this as my humble way to pay my respects to the families and friends of those who never made it home  15 years ago today.

Y N W A
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Darryl - Oldham Athletic » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:53 pm

Just to let you know that Oldham Fans have been discussing this topic on our boards as well.

My personal sentiments on the matter are copied below:

"R.I.P. Gone but never forgotten. They will never walk alone!

Jay, superb post and whilst football supporters of ALL teams continue to live and breath football Hillsborough will NEVER be forgotten.

Personally, whenever I visit Anfield, both as a Latics supporter and an occassional neutral supporter I ensure that my visit includes a few moments of reflection at the Hillsborough Memorial at the Shankly Gates.

Its one of those moments in life where I'll always remember where I was when the news first broke. And in all honesty, its a case of there but for the grace of God! How easy such a tragedy was waiting to happen.

All The Best!"
Darryl - Oldham Athletic

Postby Woollyback » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:45 am

Guest wrote:Just to let you know that Oldham Fans have been discussing this topic on our boards as well.

My personal sentiments on the matter are copied below:

"R.I.P. Gone but never forgotten. They will never walk alone!

Jay, superb post and whilst football supporters of ALL teams continue to live and breath football Hillsborough will NEVER be forgotten.

Personally, whenever I visit Anfield, both as a Latics supporter and an occassional neutral supporter I ensure that my visit includes a few moments of reflection at the Hillsborough Memorial at the Shankly Gates.

Its one of those moments in life where I'll always remember where I was when the news first broke. And in all honesty, its a case of there but for the grace of God! How easy such a tragedy was waiting to happen.

All The Best!"

:)

Thanks for the post. We'll never walk alone.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:17 pm

I would like to dedicate my 100th post on this forum to the Hillsborough disaster and pay my respects to the 96 and their families and friends, I hope that justice is one day done for all of you.
Mottman you are doing a fantastic job informing us Liverpool supporters about that fateful day and I wish you luck in your continual endeavours in bringing justice for the friends and family of those 96 Liverpool fans.

YNWA.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri May 14, 2004 11:20 pm

I would also like to dedicate my 500th post to the victims of Hillsborough and the families ongoing fight for justice.

I 'm a survivor by the grace of God But I appreciate not everyone was so fortunate .

R.I.P to the 96, gone but NEVER forgotten ..........................
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kops no1 girl » Mon May 24, 2004 7:04 pm

this is only my 4th post on this forum, but i just want to say that the peoples respect has never died and never will, my auntie was killed at hilsborough, crushed in front of her husband, tho i was only 6 at the time and never fully understood what had happened and why my dad used to rant and rave about what sh*ts the writers of the sun were, and that the policemen involved should be hanged......as i got a bit older i wanted to find out what had happened, and why it happened i read a book, saw the pictures of anfield after it happened just a mass of red and white, of course it brought tears to my eyes it did to everyones right ?
the fight goes on, we will never know exactly what happened that day, nobody will ever learn the truth and nobody will ever be brought to justice for the MURDERS of 96 liverpool fans, 15 yrs on the same respect is shown, the sun newspaper isnt even acknowledged in my house only as the lying ****** peices of scum they are who write it, im not a scouser but all my family are, and i have to say i am so proud of having scouse roots because of the respect shown by almost each and every scouser out there
well done lads for bringing this subject up

WALK ON, WALK ON
WITH HOPE IN YOUR HEART
CAUSE YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
kops no1 girl

Postby lurd » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:53 pm

kops no1 girl wrote:this is only my 4th post on this forum, but i just want to say that the peoples respect has never died and never will, my auntie was killed at hilsborough, crushed in front of her husband, tho i was only 6 at the time and never fully understood what had happened and why my dad used to rant and rave about what sh*ts the writers of the sun were, and that the policemen involved should be hanged......as i got a bit older i wanted to find out what had happened, and why it happened i read a book, saw the pictures of anfield after it happened just a mass of red and white, of course it brought tears to my eyes it did to everyones right ?
the fight goes on, we will never know exactly what happened that day, nobody will ever learn the truth and nobody will ever be brought to justice for the MURDERS of 96 liverpool fans, 15 yrs on the same respect is shown, the sun newspaper isnt even acknowledged in my house only as the lying ****** peices of scum they are who write it, im not a scouser but all my family are, and i have to say i am so proud of having scouse roots because of the respect shown by almost each and every scouser out there
well done lads for bringing this subject up

WALK ON, WALK ON
WITH HOPE IN YOUR HEART
CAUSE YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

What a nice post to read, you was as you said to young to understand what was happening at the time. I was lucky that several of my familly where at hillsborough on the day and thank god they all came home safely. the fight will always go on and as you said "truth's will probably be hidden for ever", however there was 96 Liverpool fans who never came home (Male, Female, Old & Young) and they deserve some day hopefuly "Justice".... The fight will always go on...!!!!
lurd

Postby mottman » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:54 pm

Reds fan's £41,000 Hillsborough court win Nov 10 2004

Liverpool Echo

A LIVERPOOL fan who suffered years of post-traumatic stress after the Hillsborough disaster has won a landmark legal ruling.

Lee Hall won £41,000 in compensation at Manchester crown court yesterday after a judge agreed he was the victim of medical negligence.

Mr Hall suffered minor injuries in the disaster in April 1989 when he was caught up in the crush of people in the Leppings Lane end.

But 18 months after the tragedy he was still suffering recurrent psychological problems, including nightmares and excessive drinking.

He had post traumatic stress disorder, a seriously disabling illness psychiatric illness.

But as part of a compensation case in the early 1990s a psychiatrist who assessed Mr Hall misdiagnosed his condition as "reactive depression" and said he had not been suffering from a psychiatric illness.

Relying on that report, Mr Hall's original claim was settled for £2,000. But he later sued on the basis that the mis-diagnosis resulted in under-settlement of the Hillsborough claim.

Passing judgement after a hearing originally held in June, Judge Armitage accepted the psychiatrist was negligent. The ruling will have implications for thousands of cases.

Outside court, Mr Hall said: "This has been a long, hard battle, bitterly contested.

"I am pleased to have won and hope that my decision will assist others."

Solicitor Mark McGhee, of Linder Myers, said: " This is, without a shadow of a doubt, a landmark decision.

"It had been claimed that Mr Hall's psychiatrist was immune from prosecution because he was merely providing an opinion for legal proceedings.

"The finding will not only affect doctors, but all experts of whatever type and kind who provide expert reports and opinion for court cases."
mottman

Previous

Return to Hillsborough