When did you stop - Listening to the radio?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:29 am

Just watching annoying pop moments on bbc3 and they mentioned top of the pops finishing and that got me wondering, when did I stop listening to the radio?

There is no doubt in my mind top of the pops finished simply because the music stopped. All they ever do now is form boy/girl bands that copy songs from the year dot, rap songs which in my opinion are just pure shi.t or girls who cant sing but flash there body so people will enjoy there vid.

The last song I heard on radio was Around the World by Daft Punk. That was the only decent song I heard and since then I now only use the radio for 5 live when I cant watch lfc matches themself.

Am I alone in this feeling or are there others who are just sick of the c.rap they call music these days?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:31 am

Switch it off then.
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:37 am

LFC2007 wrote:Switch it off then.

But thats the problem, it is switched off the programs I watch on tv have this rubbish on as there "performers" indeed now, they are taking over ! see the Lilly Allen thread !

We are at the stage were the entire country, nay, the world, knows what we produce is rubbish and so it is being forced down our throat.

How else can we explain the x factor, pop idol and several other talent shows to try to find someone with talent in this country?

Nope, make no mistake, we poor when it comes to music.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:42 am

I wouldn't say all music is sh!t now mate. There's up and coming bands like The Enemy, The View, The Rifles as well as those who've been around for a bit like Oasis or Snow Patrol. All good bands, it's what the population want, and not many teenage girls are screaming for some curly haired :censored: from Dundee...instead they'd rather scream for Take That or Dr. Dre (if that's what he's still known as)

So not all music is sh!t. There's talent out there by people who can play a instrument rather than just smile and talk so fast you don't know what they're saying anyway. Al Murray says it on his live show "Britain has produced the best music around the world, because they're full of British men. And by law British men are ugly so they have to write good tunes" It's true, Oasis can't smile their way to number one, they have to write a decent song to get there. So don't look so down on the music world, because there is still some decent bands around. The Rascals (merseyside group) are predicted to be the next best thing to The Beatles, as well as The Enemy who IMO are the best thing this country has produced since Oasis.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:47 am

Kharhaz wrote:How else can we explain the x factor, pop idol and several other talent shows to try to find someone with talent in this country?

LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:49 am

Ok, im not saying the talent isnt there, what is being shown is not talent. Take the spice girls, and all saints also, as a band they appeal to kids, individually there true talent is shown, they have none, so they reform and try to regain some credibility.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:51 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:How else can we explain the x factor, pop idol and several other talent shows to try to find someone with talent in this country?

Tis true. Would I stand for 10 mins screeching into someones ear for a few hundred? Of course I would !
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:37 am

all about mtv2 for me... too much same old same old. its all either emo rubbish like panic at the disco or pop indie wannabies like scouting for girls and the hoosiers. or the ones whose songs all sound exactly the same and tedious: foo fighters, RHCP even oasis now, altho they havent been all that since definately maybe

still some class but you gotta root around a lot more to find it
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:01 pm

jonnymac1979

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:11 pm

I listen to the radio for an hour or so every day , usually when I'm in here. Don't bother much with music stations though. Tend to go for "talk radio" BBC London Live with Danny Baker (weekdays 3pm) , always a laugh and when he does play a tune it's not chart sh'ite.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:12 pm

We have 6 Music on at work, which plays good stuff. There are pockets of radio out there worth persevering with, but they get next to no listeners in comparison to the Radio 1s of the world.

Unfortunately even 6 Music seem to be on a mission to sabotage themselves. My favourite DJ on there - Gideon Coe - had an excellent 10am-1pm weekday slot, but last year got shunted out to late night. They replaced him with George Lamb, who is probably one of the top 5 most punchable blokes in the world.
ivor_the_injun

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:55 pm

Are we talkin wind up radios here or the new fangled leccy ones :laugh:

Nah seriously i still listen to the Radio mostly Heart or Choice fm when im in the car some nice tunes played by Heart.

But in my house im sick of that MTV Base that my kids put on
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:59 pm

Used to love listening to Mark Radcliffe and his sidekick 'Lard' a few years back in the afternoon - always a hoot.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby andy_g » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:05 am

radio 4 in the uk and radio 3 in spain. nice. :nod

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:20 pm

I stopped once rap became so popular, all those american dudes trying to make out they've dozens of women everywhere and just rapping about money and who has the most jewellary is for retards.

Britain still makes great guitar bands and some great solo artists too.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum