[chain] what are you watching now? - And be honest!

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby kunilson » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:12 pm

referees like that will damage the game of football, no1 would watch the damn game! the players will try and score in different ways while shooting into the corner flag posts  :no

right now im watching Frasier. makes me feel like im smart, especially if i laugh when the audience do
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby shanks72 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:05 pm

Titanic....bbc2...just finished...

Never managed to watch it all through before, but it was really good and lovely and romantic....

but also very sad....

It's 'funny', but I was willing the ship to steer past the iceberg....  :down:

A real tragedy of our time.....
Last edited by shanks72 on Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:47 pm

Sabre, that damn fly is doing me head in!   :O

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby shanks72 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:50 pm

red37 wrote:Sabre, that damn fly is doing me head in!   :O

:laugh:

I know exactly what you mean, red....just really annoying..  :p
Image Image

shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:13 pm

Shanks, if I never have to see Titanic ever again in my life, I'll have done well.

I think I've seen it three times, once when I took a girl the pics to see it, once on video afterwards with same girl and then it was on about five years ago on a Sunday night when I was getting ready to go out so I left it on the telly.  Technically, I only watched half an hour of it that night.

It's a terrible film, one I've wasted about 6 hours 30 mins approximately watching. 

The same logic above applies to Lord Of The Rings Trilogy.  Call that nine hours.

And if they ever make a Hobbit movie, you can be damn sure I won't be going anywhere near it.  So I've saved two hours in the bank there.

I'd treat Harry Potter the same if I hadn't already saw the first three films (the last one I saw was the one with Gary Oldman as the villain who in fact is a good guy if I remember correctly?)  I might as well watch the whole set to see what happens now.  Call that six hours wasted with a further eight left to potentially waste.

You can also add to the list of time spent watching shit films the Mel Gibson "comedy", What Women Want.  Absolute.  Bag.  Of.  W*nk.  1 hour 30 mins.  Possibly the worst film I've ever seen.  Not because of the story etc... or the production or acting.  It was because of how it made me feel after I'd watched it.  Kind of like I needed to wash myself with industrial soap and set fire to my clothes with barbecue lighter fluid, whilst poking my eyes out with a mathematical compass.

So what amount of time have I wasted watching s*i*e?  Anyone good at adding up?  I'm too lazy to add it up.

Anyway, I will shortly retire for the evening where I will watch about four episodes of Season 2 of Scrubs, my new favourite TV show while Lost and 24 are off air.  Got season 2 on my iPod at the moment.  Gotta say Dr. Cox is a fantastic character, as is Elliott (tasty as fuck) and JD's daydreams are a belter.

By the way, if anyone can sit through Hannibal Rising for more than thirty minutes, I will congratulate you wholeheartedly.  And I love the Hannibal Lecter books and films.  What a load of shit the latest prequel one was though.  Luckily, only half an hour wasted.  Maybe the book will redeem the franchise for me once I get round to reading it.
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:22 pm

Actually, as a post script to that last post, I recall the closing credits of What Women Want and the most ridiculous thought entered my head.  I still remember it now.  This was about five years ago.

I remember actually for a moment or two wishing that time travel was possible and was really fucked off that no egghead had invented it yet, so I could go back to when I hadn't watched it and do something, ANYTHING else but watch that pile of shit I'd just sat through.  Around that time in my life I remember I completely polished a bottle of sherry off in the space of a couple of hours in my house because of one reason or another, that's a little blurry why I did that (let's be honest here, I don't need an excuse, the occasion was probably "Tuesday" or something...), but the incident was probably related to watching THAT film.
jonnymac1979

Postby shanks72 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:22 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:The same logic above applies to Lord Of The Rings Trilogy.  Call that nine hours.

Now they are really good films, the best I've seen in years!

:buttrock
Image Image

shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:37 pm

shanks72 wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:The same logic above applies to Lord Of The Rings Trilogy.  Call that nine hours.

Now they are really good films, the best I've seen in years!

:buttrock

Jeez, they're woeful.  About six years ago, I read half of The Hobbit as well before I realised what I was reading was a load of shit.  I just wanted to see what the fuss was about.

I just don't get all that fantasy stuff. 

On a related note, I read about something called Second Life the other day where you can 'live online'.

What's the point of that?  Go down to a simulated pub and get simulated pissed on simulated alcohol?

Nah, doesn't appeal to me.  Like that Facebook as well.  I've made my feelings known about that already.

If you want a good film with DiCaprio which isn't iceberg related, watch Blood Diamond.  Absolute monster of a film from the first minute to the last.
jonnymac1979

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:48 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I'd treat Harry Potter the same if I hadn't already saw the first three films (the last one I saw was the one with Gary Oldman as the villain who in fact is a good guy if I remember correctly?)  I might as well watch the whole set to see what happens now.  Call that six hours wasted with a further eight left to potentially waste.

Harry Potter f#ckin' Schmotter, I'll be glad when every c#nt who is interested has read the heap of sh#te, the film has been and gone and the rest of us who aren't interested in the specky little b@stard can safely venture out of the house without hearing about it.

Hopefully kids will grow up and go on to read better stuff, it's the adults who have reading aids that annoy me.

:veryangry
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:52 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:If you want a good film with DiCaprio which isn't iceberg related, watch Blood Diamond.  Absolute monster of a film from the first minute to the last.

Maybe I'm just getting too f'ucking old but tbh Jonny I found it cliched from start to finish . 

A far better portrayal of Diamonds ,mercenaries , war lords and Africa was the 1968 movie "Dark of the Sun" aka "The Mercenaries"

at least it was fresh (well it was then   :D )

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:11 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:If you want a good film with DiCaprio which isn't iceberg related, watch Blood Diamond.  Absolute monster of a film from the first minute to the last.

Maybe I'm just getting too f'ucking old but tbh Jonny I found it cliched from start to finish . 

A far better portrayal of Diamonds ,mercenaries , war lords and Africa was the 1968 movie "Dark of the Sun" aka "The Mercenaries"

at least it was fresh (well it was then   :D )

Thought Blood Diamond was brutal.  Of course you allow for artistic license with the Dad and his kid.  That's just storytelling but the violence and the way the kids were little trained warriors was mad.  I couldn't believe shit like that really happened in this day and age.

I watched The Last King Of Scotland a couple of weeks ago about Idi Amin.  It was not historically correct neither, beefed up in certain parts like the doctor and one of his wives having an affair, but was a good film regardless.
jonnymac1979

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:23 pm

Re kids in africa with guns, Any news channel will surely disabuse you of your disbelief.

Forest Whittaker's performance in Last King of Scotland was one of the most deserved Oscars I can remember . Good movie , fantastic performance.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Dundalk » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:26 pm

He is a class act (Forest Whittaker) and when he was in the Shield for a while it took the show to another level.

Brilliant actor.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:57 pm

I command you all to watch Heroes on BBC2 on Wed night 21:30 (i think) if you didn't catch it on Sci-Fi, you won't regret it
burjennio

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:06 pm

burjennio wrote:I command you all to watch Heroes on BBC2 on Wed night 21:30 (i think) if you didn't catch it on Sci-Fi, you won't regret it

Maybe you haven't realised that some of us have mastered the ability to download stuff and have in fact seen the entire series already .

Command ?   :laugh:  The train's already left the station , check your ticket .  :p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum