Ufc - Does anyone watch it?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby tommycockles » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:04 pm

daxy1 wrote:mate im hooked on the ufc if you want to know when were and who is fighting just ask and ill try and help you just missed monday night 9 til 1 ufc 61 tito ortiz beatin the sh!te out of ken shamrock well deadly elbows on ortiz really world class

Is this still being shown every night?
I saw a bit on Bravo about a week ago but haven't seen any since- when is it usually on?
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby 82-1074641017 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:05 pm

tommycockles wrote:
daxy1 wrote:mate im hooked on the ufc if you want to know when were and who is fighting just ask and ill try and help you just missed monday night 9 til 1 ufc 61 tito ortiz beatin the sh!te out of ken shamrock well deadly elbows on ortiz really world class

Is this still being shown every night?
I saw a bit on Bravo about a week ago but haven't seen any since- when is it usually on?

The Ultimate Fighter 4 started last night, this time its past UFC fighters Welterweights and Middleweights fighting, the winner of each weight division gets a crack at the Title in their weight class.
It was quite good the first episode last night Shonie Carter beat Rich Clementi.
82-1074641017

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:38 am

I used to watch it, Tank Abbot was a scary mother but you cant compare UFC with anything, this is real, who saw the guy getting his cheek caved in from several elbows to the face?? Made me boke big time !!!
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Des » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:55 am

Abbots just a big plodder. Any time I seen him, he got well hammered. He was okay at the beginning , but now the standard is a lot higher, and some of them really skillful guys will finish you if you make the slightest mistake.
Andrei Arlovski and Chuck Liddell are 2 of the very best.
IGNORANCE IS BLISS
Des

Postby PhiLFC » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:09 pm

I've been getting hammered at work just lately (nightshifts) so not managed to see any UFC for a coupla three weeks... will look out for The Ultimate Fighter 4.
PhiLFC

Postby daxy1 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:04 am

PhiLFC wrote:I've been getting hammered at work just lately (nightshifts) so not managed to see any UFC for a coupla three weeks... will look out for The Ultimate Fighter 4.

phil mate record it if your at work it is awesome uf4 is past contenders fighting for a last chance at the title it is very very good ill find out the time its on and what night

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:00 pm

The Ultimate Fighter 4 is on now guys!!  :buttrock
82-1074641017

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:48 am

Watched Chuck Liddel KO Bubaloo last night. That guy is scary. UFC62 I think it was.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:18 am

Good Fight that on Sunday. Chuck is a monster! I hope him and Tito fight, it has been quoted as happening in December but we will have to wait and see. The next event UFC 63 is on Bravo on the 24th September. Its Matt Hughes Vs BJ Penn for the UFC World welterweight Belt. This is a bit of a grudge match as Matt Hughes - who is immense by the way lost the belt by submission to BJ Penn, but BJ Penn never lost it he relinquished it, so its gonna be good.

Also on 10th October on a one off show, Ken Shamrock takes on Ortiz again (yawn). I fully expect Tito to knock out "the most dangerous man in the world" again. Shamrock is just too old now. A few days later on the 21st October Rich Franklin defends his Middleweight belt against Silva. Franklin is undeafeated but so is Silva and Silva is dangerous, so this should be a hell of a fight.

UFC its a fecking cracker!!!
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:26 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:Watched Chuck Liddel KO Bubaloo last night. That guy is scary. UFC62 I think it was.

I know, I was surprised Chuck finished Babalu off so quick, both are great fighters who hadnt been defeated in over 3 years.  The Griffin v Bonnar fight part 2 was another close one, that was probably the best fight of the night.  :buttrock
82-1074641017

Postby PhiLFC » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:40 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Good Fight that on Sunday. Chuck is a monster! I hope him and Tito fight, it has been quoted as happening in December but we will have to wait and see. The next event UFC 63 is on Bravo on the 24th September. Its Matt Hughes Vs BJ Penn for the UFC World welterweight Belt. This is a bit of a grudge match as Matt Hughes - who is immense by the way lost the belt by submission to BJ Penn, but BJ Penn never lost it he relinquished it, so its gonna be good.

Also on 10th October on a one off show, Ken Shamrock takes on Ortiz again (yawn). I fully expect Tito to knock out "the most dangerous man in the world" again. Shamrock is just too old now. A few days later on the 21st October Rich Franklin defends his Middleweight belt against Silva. Franklin is undeafeated but so is Silva and Silva is dangerous, so this should be a hell of a fight.

Looking forward to the Ken & Tito matchup again... I think Ken has gotta try a different strategy but which one I haven't got a clue... I think Tito is just too superior in all departments having said that all it takes is one knee in the face and hey presto Shamrock beats Tito to a pulp.

Matt Hughes... I thought he was invicible in his division but nobody seems to dominate for too long in the UFC.

Chuck Liddel - well he seems invincible doesn't he even if he did look a bit out of shape.

UFC - I never get bored of it.
PhiLFC

Postby 82-1074641017 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:52 pm

daxy1 wrote:
PhiLFC wrote:I've been getting hammered at work just lately (nightshifts) so not managed to see any UFC for a coupla three weeks... will look out for The Ultimate Fighter 4.

phil mate record it if your at work it is awesome uf4 is past contenders fighting for a last chance at the title it is very very good ill find out the time its on and what night

I was surprised mate I didnt think it would be any good, I do prefer TUF with rookie fighters fighting for a contract but the new TUF format for this season is only a one off and its quite good I have to admit
82-1074641017

Postby 82-1074641017 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:26 pm

So far on The Ultimate Fighter 4, there are 2 fighters out of the competition for a Title Shot at their Weight Class and they are:

Welterweights
Rich Clementi(Team No Love)

Middleweights
Gideon Ray(Team No Love)
82-1074641017

Postby PhiLFC » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:04 pm

Roberts wrote:So far on The Ultimate Fighter 4, there are 2 fighters out of the competition for a Title Shot at their Weight Class and they are:

Welterweights
Rich Clementi(Team No Love)

Middleweights
Gideon Ray(Team No Love)

Recorded it and watched it last night... this show gets better.  What about the blood pouring from "Bam Bam's" (deWees) head... fukkin awesome - Gideon talks the talk and looks the part but he was pretty useless on the floor.  Roll on the next show :buttrock
PhiLFC

Postby Mikz » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:19 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Good Fight that on Sunday. Chuck is a monster! I hope him and Tito fight, it has been quoted as happening in December but we will have to wait and see. The next event UFC 63 is on Bravo on the 24th September. Its Matt Hughes Vs BJ Penn for the UFC World welterweight Belt. This is a bit of a grudge match as Matt Hughes - who is immense by the way lost the belt by submission to BJ Penn, but BJ Penn never lost it he relinquished it, so its gonna be good.

I think I remember they fought before and Chuck absolutely annialated him.
Tito said he fought the wrong fight.
i say he fought the wrong opponent brother :D
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum