Mma - Anyone watch?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:50 pm

Been a huge fan since 99..

UFC 94 was a decent card tbh - Lyoto knocking out Silva in the last second of the 1st round was great, think its time he got a shot at Rashad Evans title.

Penn was always undersized to take on GSP, even thou it was a very close fight last time they fought GSP has improved by a mile and totally dominated BJ who I still believe is a more skilled fighter then GSP!

Looks like Penn will have to stick to 155 where he cant be touched fighting Ken-Flo next..

Anit heard any news about Fedor joining the UFC, and id be very shocked but excited if he did ... I think its a dream that will never develop!

UFN is the next card, has a decent main event with J-Lau taking on Jeremy Stephens who had one of the greatest KO's in his last fight against Don Anjos..

Rest of the Card is just filled up with the usual Ultimate figher contestants.

UFC 95 has the one good main event again with a average card-

UFC 96 has a couple of big names on the card - Jardine Vs Rampage , Matt Hamill, Brandon Vera .. And Gonzaga vs Shane Carwin will be a very good match too big giants of the HW division.

Then theres UFC 97 with Shogun Vs Liddell ..

Oh and my screen name was chosen cos its the nickname of my fave fighter Robbie Lawler..
*_Ruthless_*

Postby Zidane » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:24 pm

Cool that this many people enjoy it.  GSP is a beast right now though he's improved A LOT but if he's asked to move up in weight class to fight Anderson Silva he'll probably lose.  Machida definitely deserves a title shot he dominated another undefeated with ease don't see why he shouldn't get one.  His fighting style is strange too keeps his hands really low and his face wide open.
Zidane

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:44 pm

Is this thingy your going on about the same as  that cage rage. ive seen a few of them down here a couple of my lads mates fight in them gruesome but im getting hooked on it.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:05 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Is this thingy your going on about the same as  that cage rage. ive seen a few of them down here a couple of my lads mates fight in them gruesome but im getting hooked on it.

Yeah same thing but more up-market ... Cage Rage still have a Gypsy as an announcer, And no where the caliber of Fighters thats in the UFC.
Saying that many good fighters have appeared in Cage Rage like Belfort, Lindland, Bisping, A.Silva, Lee Murray ... Even Tank Abbott lol

Lyoto has a similar fighting style to Anderson Silva, Both Counter fighters thats very hard to hit ... Would be a good fight between them if they wasn't such good friends.
*_Ruthless_*

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:50 pm

You guys excited about USA vs. UK Ultimate Fighter?
JoeTerp

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:43 pm

JoeTerp wrote:You guys excited about USA vs. UK Ultimate Fighter?

Yeah man its gonna be great this year with Bisping and Hendo as coaches ... Just hope we dont get embarrassed cos where light years behind the US on talent!
*_Ruthless_*

Postby tubby » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:25 am

Cage Rage is :censored:. Although I saw someone on there who used to train at this same gym I used to go to. James McSweeny. He was fighting Michael McDonald.

Anwyay yeah Cage Rage is :censored: compared to the UFC or Pride. I think that Mohammed Alturk or whatever his name is was the Cage Rage champion and he got his face messed up by Chek Congo at 92. :laugh:

Im a bit dissapointed at how Silva is doing though. I knew he was never going to be as dominant as he was in Pride but I didn't think he would be doing this badly. He has bulked out a bit. Maybe living in the USA is messing with his traning regime - too much partying. :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:18 am

*_Ruthless_* wrote:Just hope we dont get embarrassed cos where light years behind the US on talent!

maybe all our best talent has been used up on the previous seasons  :D
JoeTerp

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:36 am

*_Ruthless_* wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Is this thingy your going on about the same as  that cage rage. ive seen a few of them down here a couple of my lads mates fight in them gruesome but im getting hooked on it.

Yeah same thing but more up-market ... Cage Rage still have a Gypsy as an announcer, And no where the caliber of Fighters thats in the UFC.
Saying that many good fighters have appeared in Cage Rage like Belfort, Lindland, Bisping, A.Silva, Lee Murray ... Even Tank Abbott lol

Lyoto has a similar fighting style to Anderson Silva, Both Counter fighters thats very hard to hit ... Would be a good fight between them if they wasn't such good friends.

I know Lee  he went the same school as my lad
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:21 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
*_Ruthless_* wrote:

Great wasted talent was Lee Murray, The guy beat Jorge Rivera and went toe to toe with Anderson Silva..

No idea whats the deal with him I know he moved to Morocco because he was one of the main suspects of the £53million bank robbery in Kent.

Im sure he got arrested eventually.

I think there is also talks about a film being made about him.
*_Ruthless_*

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:12 pm

*_Ruthless_* wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
*_Ruthless_* wrote:

Great wasted talent was Lee Murray, The guy beat Jorge Rivera and went toe to toe with Anderson Silva..

No idea whats the deal with him I know he moved to Morocco because he was one of the main suspects of the £53million bank robbery in Kent.

Im sure he got arrested eventually.

I think there is also talks about a film being made about him.

Hes still there
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:28 pm

Im well made up st pierre beat that cocky Penn! He had it coming haha
And Fedor took another scalp in glass chin arlovski -cant wait to see him in the ufc if he ever does join.  :buttrock
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:58 pm

Oh well guess this is a good place to post this. One of my all time favourate fights, a true David v Goliath match. Noguera v Bob Sapp. And this was when Sapp was a 375lb steroid filled freak!

Link
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:51 am

:D Good ol Bob Sapp. I remember when i first saw him enter the ring i thought...hes gonna get levelled -HE DIDNT!
I always hate watching Noguera mate, great fighter but boring as hell.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:45 am

Mikz wrote: :D Good ol Bob Sapp. I remember when i first saw him enter the ring i thought...hes gonna get levelled -HE DIDNT!
I always hate watching Noguera mate, great fighter but boring as hell.

i agree about big nog mate he is boring allways grinds out wins i loved it when frank mir blottoed him lol
mir is takin things serious in training he looks to be back to best!

daxy1
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum