The nba/basketball thread

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:23 am

Yea NASH is like the Alonso of Basketball!!  :D
76-1115222408

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:23 am

Nash used to play footie when he was younger, he and his mother are big Tottenham fans.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:37 am

Yea you're right, I remember a commentator saying that during a game earlier in the season. He is class though, definetly better than Kidd!
76-1115222408

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:26 am

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:Yea you're right, I remember a commentator saying that during a game earlier in the season. He is class though, definetly better than Kidd!

kidd use to be good, but has just let money and hype get to his head.

chicago was pretty good but still need a few pieces of the puzzle to move to the next round.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:53 am

I was supprised that Phoenix didn't do that well in the play off, with the likes of Nash, Stoudamire and Jim Jackson, also I think Ray Allen should play somewhere else cos Seattle ain't gonna do zip and he;s being wasted there.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:42 pm

Did anyone see the allstars weekend footage? When Nash headered the ball up for an aleyoop (spelling?)? That was one of the sweetest moves ever.

On a different Tangent, anything major happened trading wise this summer? Did the Sonics get anyone good? How about the Sixers?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:27 pm

Paul C wrote:Some people were a little annoyed when baskbetball

is this where people place wagers on how long a ball basks in the sun or summit ???
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:47 pm

What not give both teams a 100 points and put thirty seconds on the clock - save us all the boredom.

Crappy yank sport and most of those that play it in UK or Ireland are the type that walk around in clothes way too big, with boxers showing, one leg pulled up etc i.e. assholles.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:11 pm

Paul C wrote:I was supprised that Phoenix didn't do that well in the play off, with the likes of Nash, Stoudamire and Jim Jackson, also I think Ray Allen should play somewhere else cos Seattle ain't gonna do zip and he;s being wasted there.

i disagree with ur seattle comment i think they just need one more player to step up and they will be a great team with lewis and allen.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:56 am

well, i had to dig around for awhile, thought of setting up my own thread BUT i finally found it!

i knew it was here somewhere. :D  however ancient it was..

ANYWAYS

the playoffs are about a week old, Miami, Chicago, and Charlotte have all been eliminated.

Boston meets Cleveland and the Lakers just whooped Oklahoma by 24 points! :D

needless to say im very happy. i know there are a bunch of you guys who follow the nba, maybe not everybody, but i just wanted to know who do you think is going to win the the finals this year?
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:41 am

You could have went HERE to find it
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:27 am

i never knew that existed :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:17 am

Of the teams with a chance, I would want the Lakers to win.  Although I am a big fan of Durant, because he is from my 'neck of the woods' so I see that series as win-win.  I just don't want the Cavs or Celtics to win, and I don't care much for the Jazz either.  In the east I like both the Hawks and the Bucks, but I would say I like the Bucks more . . . big fan of Brandon Jennings. Roger Mason is on the Spurs and he went to my high school and even coached me in a summer camp, and the Spurs also have the rights to a 'friend' of mine that also went to my high school and was on that summer camp team, so I root for them over the Mavs. My favorite team in the west would be Portland though, they have a bunch of players that I like.

I am not really a big Orlando fan, but I see them as the best chance of stopping Boston or Cleveland from getting to the finals, so I will likely end up rooting for them by default.
JoeTerp

Postby aCe' » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:50 am

Cavs all the way.. If Lebron's shoulder is okay then Boston will struggle against him,  Jamison and Mo...
Best chance of stopping them like you said are Orlando.. hate Orlando though so its either Cavs or Celtics..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum