The manhattan project - A newkit legend

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Sabre » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:54 pm

Ciggy, I grant you I was not a proper mod and they should have picked someone else, ok?, I grant you that because I still have to learn a lot about Liverpool and your language.

But I fúcking consider Liverpool my team aswell because I suffer with them, and that's undebatable and my last word about it.

And I like you too  :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:59 pm

Sabre wrote:And I like you too  :D

:D
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:09 pm

It wasn't the fact that you supported another team or wern't English.......I just thought you were a cr@p mod Sabre :D

I think the Mods have a hard time ... damned if they do and damned if they don't. I think its the members that make or break the forum, not a few mods. I like the footy discussions and there are very few of those on here anymore, I enjoy reading other peoples opinions on different aspects of the game, and learning a few things.

We have some great posters on here, but I understand why a lot of them rarely post anymore, and its not because they miss being abused.

PS no offence meant Sabre :)
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:18 pm

Wow

This thread was about Manhatten, now it turned to ''lets bash the mods'' thread

I wonder why people f*ck off now  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:39 pm

im amazed people care so much about being able to abuse other posters.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:43 pm

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:im amazed people care so much about being able to abuse other posters.

Sarcasm is the way forward. They say its the lowest form of wit but im telling you here and now, it isnt !  :D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:50 pm

edit
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:32 am

Ciggy wrote:And even tho Judge done me head in, even he cant be "rsed anymore wheres Taff, Andy G, Wooly? They dont post anymore cause its gone sh!te through zero tollerance.

Im not @rsed I post on a few forums but its a shame all the same.

Bring back the newkit laugh cause its fuckin cr@p at the moment and if I was a betting man id give it 6 months.

Hahahahahaha!!!

Ahhh this has just made me night! :laugh:
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:49 am

Ciggy wrote:Bring back the newkit laugh

Completely agree.  If more people were interested in having a laugh and a bit of good-natured footy debate this place would be the better for it.  Sadly, it seems like the only kind of "fun" people go for these days is to call other people :censored: c.unts, go on a wind up or have a moan about anything and everything.  But, feck it, if blaming the Mods makes people feel better, fill your boots.   :glare:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:00 am

I think its sad when people leave this forum to go over to other forums because "they can swear". Because they can say what they like. I think its sad when the reason this forum is failing is because other forums allow bad language, allow insults. And yet many topics on this forum are taken from other forums. Its sad because the reason is, aside from bigmick, no one else can put forward a topic that peaks the interest of other members. Its sad because if you cant insult other people, whats the point of this forum.

How about this, for all the whingers, for all the long term members. Post something worth while. Has this forum fallen because you cant insult others? if so the problem isnt with the mods of this forum.

Has this forum fallen because there is no good discussion made available? its hard to raise a good discussion when opinions or topics from other forums are posted on here.

How about this, for a starter, to get this forum back to its best. Post YOUR opinion. From there, this forum can rebuild itself, and guess what, It doesnt need insults.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:20 am

Kharhaz wrote:I think its sad when people leave this forum to go over to other forums because "they can swear". Because they can say what they like.

Am I detecting a jab at something I wrote previously on this thread? Because, you know, I wasn't actually being literal about that. I was being a bit ironic with a hint of sarcasm sprinkled on top.

And to be honest, I come on here because I'm a Liverpool supporter first and foremost. You can write all the worthwhile protracted essay-like posts all you like, but at the end of the day, when good posts start to unravel into the inevitable jibs and jabs directed at the manager and certain players that have become hate figures, then it does start to grate on the nerves of certain people who just want to do nothing but follow the team and continue supporting them regardless. But of course, to do such a thing is a cardinal sin. You'll Never Walk Alone? Aye, fucking dead on!
Last edited by Emerald Red on Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:46 am

Emerald Red wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:I think its sad when people leave this forum to go over to other forums because "they can swear". Because they can say what they like.

Am I detecting a jab at something I wrote previously on this thread? Because, you know, I wasn't actually being literal about that. I was being a bit ironic with a hint of sarcasm sprinkled on top.

And to be honest, I come on here because I'm a Liverpool supporter first and foremost. You can write all the worthwhile protracted essay-like posts all you like, but at the end of the day, when good posts start to unravel into the inevitable jibs and jabs directed at the manager and certain players that have become hate figures, then it does start to grate on the nerves of certain people who just want to do nothing but follow the team and continue supporting them regardless. But of course, to do such a thing is a cardinal sin. You'll Never Walk Alone? Aye, fucking dead on!

to be fair you think one way of supporting the team is the best, others think that criticism when its due is the best. lets be honest here, lets use an analogy. your wife is getting fat and moody (not your wife, just in general), every day you tell her you love her but deep down she is doing things that annoy you, but you bottle these up and never discuss them because you don't want people to think bad of you or you don't want people to think you don't love her, until it all explodes one day. you are not doing her any favours by papering over her faults, you still love her but you are not helping her by disguising the obvious faults. some of us are just more prepared to be honest with our feelings about certain things or certain players, I will never say something is fantastic when it isn't just for the sake of harmony, that gets you nowhere except further into the quagmire. this however does not make me a bad supporter (been there and done that for over 30 years on a regular basis mate and i don't want to go down that 'i have been many more games than you so I must be a better fan' route. I more than anyone appreciate how hard it is now i live so far away to get to games when flights are involved etc.

it doesn't make either any less of a supporter. and just to add balance, its quite annoying for us also to read constant praise from certain people when that praise is not warranted.

as for certain players and the manager being hate figures, well all i can see you doing there is trying to start little spats because nobody on this site (that i have ever seen) has expressed a hatred for our manager or any of our current players, people have however expressed an opinion based on their football

horses for courses mate, you say one thing annoys you, well then accept that certain things also annoy others.

and yes YNWA, i have not seen anyone lose their love of the club, i get annoyed about mediocrity because I love the club, you choose to not see the faults because you love the club, and don't even try and claim that there are no faults mate because it wil just lead to lists and lists of stats    :D
112-1077774096

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:24 am

good post by PeeWee. i completely disagree with Ciggy's opinion that the Mod should be from a certain place. imagine if Stu and Ciggy were the mods, WW3 would break out. Its not about where you are, its about your level of maturity which if you were to go to match thread against PSV, there was a severe lacking.

and i feel Bad Bob despite being from Canada or wherever else, is a class mod. and i dont see the needs for insults. one insult would lead to another. and then the main topic would be completely lost among the pile of abuse. one poster whom i find really top is BiGmICK. he is very diplomatic IMO.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:45 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:and i feel Bad Bob despite being from Canada or wherever else, is a class mod

steady on    :D
112-1077774096

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:56 am

peewee wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:and i feel Bad Bob despite being from Canada or wherever else, is a class mod

steady on    :D

why did u quote just one line?  :laugh:
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum