The help thread

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:08 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Thanks saint , the converting part is not really an issue , nero joins all types of file rights? Avi , WMV ?

Yes, just use "create and edit" and then add the film clips, BUT IT WILL ENCODE THEM AS IT JOINS THEM. Its not a great film joiner BUT it will do the job...... just slowly.

You might be better using this, I have never used it myself but it sounds good   :D  You don't need to encode so should be quick.
account deleted by request

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:06 pm

brilliant mate , thanks will give it a try later
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:02 pm

Just got as new phone and was wondering if anyone has any decent message tones or ringtones?
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:22 pm

have peter kay ringtone, quite novel and explosion for text message, plus all the usual music ringtones etc
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:56 pm

Does anyone know how I would go about getting Radio 5 live to work over here in Ireland when the football is in. I can pick it up no problem on the net but when the football comes on I get a message saying that because of rights they cannot broadcast the match

Is there anyway around this??
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:10 pm

Dundalk wrote:Does anyone know how I would go about getting Radio 5 live to work over here in Ireland when the football is in. I can pick it up no problem on the net but when the football comes on I get a message saying that because of rights they cannot broadcast the match

Mate you asked this ages ago!I think its strange that you cant get it,things do get :censored: up once you hit the border though.Its mad cause you are only down the road from me and I get it fine lol!

Try a proxy server..I dont know what they are but thats what people said the last time! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:15 pm

Number 9 wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Does anyone know how I would go about getting Radio 5 live to work over here in Ireland when the football is in. I can pick it up no problem on the net but when the football comes on I get a message saying that because of rights they cannot broadcast the match

Mate you asked this ages ago!I think its strange that you cant get it,things do get :censored: up once you hit the border though.Its mad cause you are only down the road from me and I get it fine lol!

Try a proxy server..I dont know what they are but thats what people said the last time! :D

If i try and get it on the radio its messed up and ya cant listen to it but the further up north I go the better it is. It would do your head in, ill try and figure out this proxy thing
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:23 pm

Does anyone know how I would go about getting Radio 5 live to work over here in Ireland when the football is in. I can pick it up no problem on the net but when the football comes on I get a message saying that because of rights they cannot broadcast the match

It's very easy to pretend to be an IP different of what you are, but I never had to pretend to be an English IP. Possible yes, definitely, but I have to research it.

If you can't wait, check this program and read the manual

http://wareseeker.com/Network-Tools/hide-real-ip-5.3.060.02.zip/335225

or this one

http://hide-ip.softonic.com/

When I have a bit of free time watching a progress bar or waiting for a task, I'll look the specific problem of pretending to be an english computer. It shouldn't be too hard.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:28 pm

Cheers Sabre Ill give it a go

Thanks
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:53 pm

Dundalk, the last time I played with this things I was about 20.

Try this easy solution.

1) Internet explorer tools
2) Go to Connection tabs
3) Use this proxy server: 128.232.103.203 , with this port 3128

It's a bit slower the name solving (it redirects you, but try whether it makes the trick with that website.

I reckon you may have some problems using a free proxy (it's a matter of finding a good one) for some applications for instance posting, but I think it may do the trick for what you're wanting.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:58 pm

In case that one doesn't work too well, here you have more British free proxies:

Free British Proxies
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:04 pm

Done all that Sabre and it seems to all be going well until I clicked on the link for the radio coverage and it just come up blank

Dont worry about it ill just stick with Justin TV

Thanks very much for your help anyway
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:07 pm

This is computer science, trial and error Dundalk. If I come up with something better, I'll let you know.

You're welcome.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Not sure if the Mods will have a hernia with this one....but here goes anyway...

Anybody know if there's even a hint of a timeline for a "fix" for the dodgy boxes ? OVer here in RoI, NTHell have encrypted the pay-per-view cable channels using Nagravision 3 (I think !) and those dodgy boxes are just gathering dust at the moment.....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:07 pm

Does anyone know if there is a site where you cant create you own website and host it for free???
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum