The Gangs all here !

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby redno7 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:39 pm

I'm guessing Benny might have fecked off. Was he pushed or did he jump?
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby babu » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:37 am

redno7 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:39 pm wrote:I'm guessing Benny might have fecked off. Was he pushed or did he jump?

Yay!

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:13 pm

I got my wrists smacked by Woof together with a seven day ban, and rightfully so, for derailing the Sunderland match thread with a somewhat asinine comment aimed at the Suarez haters. In typical fashion BTN was the only member to respond and prolong the issue. I think BTN may also have received a ban which he has possibly taken exception to.

I apologise if I upset anybody. I just get very annoyed with all the overblown negativity especially at a time when we seem to be moving in the right direction. It is also abundantly obvious that I am not the only one given the current woeful state of the forum.The number of quality posters that have recently disappeared is a real shame and they have all posted the same reason for leaving.This isn't a new situation.Just look at the number of pages in a match thread compared to a couple of years ago for example.

I don't expect a forum to be all sweetness and light.That would be an idiotic expectation. Humour and constructively created purposeful posts would however help. I've got no problem with criticism as long as the critic isn't simply trying to gain attention by posting repetitive nonsense.   

Woof a response to my PM would be appreciated when you have a minute.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:05 pm

devaney » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:13 pm wrote:I got my wrists smacked by Woof together with a seven day ban, and rightfully so, for derailing the Sunderland match thread with a somewhat asinine comment aimed at the Suarez haters. In typical fashion BTN was the only member to respond and prolong the issue. I think BTN may also have received a ban which he has possibly taken exception to.

I apologise if I upset anybody. I just get very annoyed with all the overblown negativity especially at a time when we seem to be moving in the right direction. It is also abundantly obvious that I am not the only one given the current woeful state of the forum.The number of quality posters that have recently disappeared is a real shame and they have all posted the same reason for leaving.This isn't a new situation.Just look at the number of pages in a match thread compared to a couple of years ago for example.

I don't expect a forum to be all sweetness and light.That would be an idiotic expectation. Humour and constructively created purposeful posts would however help. I've got no problem with criticism as long as the critic isn't simply trying to gain attention by posting repetitive nonsense.   

Woof a response to my PM would be appreciated when you have a minute.

I think you mistake negativity for realism though at times.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending betty the loon at all, the lad makes hustler look intelligent.

But I can't see the point in getting carried away and setting the side up for a fall. I personally believe the team will finish sixth place. Fourth should be the aim but I don't believe we have the quality. If we stay injury free, maybe... but that would rely on ridiculous runs of form by some of our players which I don't see happening. For me, thats what frustrates me. Thats probably at the minute why I post to get that annoyance out.

The biggest problem with betty was that he wouldn't let anything lie. He'd overload with opinion and ridiculous comments that all had no foundation... (IE he once said Fowler was better than Owen because Fowler scored goals Owen could only dream of... completely ignoring that you could use that arguement the other way). When he was challenged on that he tried to worm his way out of it by changing the subject.

Also the lack of any sort of humour didn't help. Sometimes if an arguement/debate is going the wrong way, say something relatively amusing and drop out of it...

Bit like I'm going to do now... because, for once, I'm prattling on about stupid things and making no sense what so ever.

The joys of afternoon beverages before an afternoon session :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 pm

You're probably right Stu. My own son is red through and through but his glass,similar to your own,is slightly more half empty than half full. Not that surprising considering what we have experienced as supporters since that crazy day in May 2005 !!! I don't have a problem with any of that. What I can't abide is somebody constantly whinging and moaning at every possible opportunity.

By the way mate I enjoy your stuff. It is constructive and entertaining and that is the fundamental difference.

I think 6th is the absolute minimum I could live with. The January transfer window could be interesting if we are still challenging for a top 4 spot. I have stated for years that strength in depth is a massive problem and that must change. We have only the PL and the FA Cup to concentrate on and that should help overcome the difficulties of a limited squad. Ok let me dream......   :grinning:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:19 am

Im back but theres no friggen footie on accept the owls garbage FOR  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:40 am

alrite cigs  :eyebrow
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:31 pm

Hey gang :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:00 pm

There a bit of pattern forming here  :D

Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:18 pm

Yo wools, dawson & laza hows it goin kids?   :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:35 pm

babu » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:37 am wrote:
redno7 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:39 pm wrote:I'm guessing Benny might have fecked off. Was he pushed or did he jump?

Yay!

Hope the disappointment isn't too crushing

Welcome back Ciggy and Dawson
Benny The Noon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:10 pm

If it isn't my favourite dodgy cockney bookie ,how the fuck are you fella ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:19 pm

Ciggy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:19 am wrote:Im back but theres no friggen footie on accept the owls garbage FOR  :laugh:

Every football forum needs a Scouse flaxen haired temptress  .....Welcome back kid.  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:53 pm

I'm good, same as ever, dodgy as ever, lurking, playing, waiting for portman :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:02 pm

I wanna be part of the gang  :down:
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum