Signs your getting on

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:57 pm

metalhead wrote:Daws, the problem with music now a days that it has become more commercial and its more about money (Justin Beiber, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, David Guetta, etc...) commercial artists. Less and less we are hearing about underground bands that's why music is going down in my opinion

depends where you're listening. I live near Camden/Kentish Town, and as Woof will tell you, go anywhere and see a new band. Plus do your research, I've got into New York dance (you say party we say die!) icelandic trance (mum) and welsh rock, with everything in between.

There is more choice, not less. Obviously the Beibers of the world suck, but only as much as Hanson or Kriss Kross years ago
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:05 pm

When you p1ss yourself before getting to the bog of a morning !!!!!

When you look at half naked young fit birds on a saturday night  and say to yourself "ooo she needs a coat on or she'll catch her death"
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:05 pm

Mate I'm not saying the type of music, I'm saying music as a whole is going down. I go out and listen to a lot of bands where I come from, great music and great atmosphere. However, look whose topping the charts world wide, is it those bands that we listen to? No, its lady gaga, Beiber and sh!t artists like that, that top the Music charts world wide every week and every month. Back in the 60s 70s and 80s great artists and great bands like Michael Jackson, the Beatles, the Who, Led Zeppelin, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, etc... top artists that play great music and known world wide. Compare them to today's artists, Beiber, Gaga, Rihanna, Beyounce, Britney Spears, Chris Brown.

I know who I would rather listen to
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:07 pm

here is final proof, that even I will accept makes me feel old
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:37 pm

When you look at half naked young fit birds on a saturday night  and say to yourself "ooo she needs a coat on or she'll catch her death"

:laugh:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:14 pm

I stink of p!ss, I'm getting old :(
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:58 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Dundalk wrote:I agree with you Kharhaz about movies. They have really gone to the dogs lately.

Inception, Kings speech, Black Swan.. 3 of the best movies of the last 10 yuears I'd say

But that's the thing..they are few and far between

I used to watch films all the time, but I rarely watch them now at all. Lately ive found myself sitting down to watch something only to get bored half way through. Yes there are some classics every now and then and I agree with the three films you have mentioned but I prefer TV series these days.

The amount of cr.ap you have to get through to get to see one good film is ridiculous
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:16 am

dawson99 wrote:Get out there, theres so much genius going on. You lot are so mesmorised by X Factor you don't realise that every night all over the world in little pubs and clubs some of the best and most promising new bands are playing.

Says teh man with 25,000 posts !!  :rasp
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 am

I'll simply offer a very polite K'off
:p
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby anti-hero » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:20 am

metalhead wrote:Mate I'm not saying the type of music, I'm saying music as a whole is going down. I go out and listen to a lot of bands where I come from, great music and great atmosphere. However, look whose topping the charts world wide, is it those bands that we listen to? No, its lady gaga, Beiber and sh!t artists like that, that top the Music charts world wide every week and every month. Back in the 60s 70s and 80s great artists and great bands like Michael Jackson, the Beatles, the Who, Led Zeppelin, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, etc... top artists that play great music and known world wide. Compare them to today's artists, Beiber, Gaga, Rihanna, Beyounce, Britney Spears, Chris Brown.

i agree with your sentiments 100%.

however, even though i would rather run laps around a field than listen to justin beiber in a cold and comfortable room - music is not 'going downhill'. its merely evolving. like it always has, and will continue to do.

musical tastes are often a very divisive subject. even more so when you categorize them into eras and decades BUT, the way we all cringe when the new beiber album drops, or when lady gaga releases another pandering PRO EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE single isnt so much different from when old people back in the day would complain about rock n roll being the devil's music and techno just being a lump of noise.

i will nod my head in agreement if we ever have a conversation about how sorry the music industry has become, how it has put promoting good music in the back seat and prioritizing selling albums and merchandise to the 14 -16 year old demographic.

i will wholeheartedly agree with you that the poetry that once thrived within 16 bars and a melody has horrifyingly given way to 'baby baby baby oooooh' and a song about friday.

and i will agree with you as well if you would say that everyday, the world is a little worse off because they get to make millions, while silently suffocating talented musicians and turning half the world slightly retarded at the same time.

but that is music. it grows (regresses more like) and it changes.

it is no longer our definition. it once was. its theirs now. by theirs i mean the kids. this whole ke$ha - lady gaga - glee club generation. the music that they listen to now will be the same music that they will fondly remember and look back to when mainstream music changes its tune again.

its a scary afterthought but i think its best to leave and let them be. i like my own taste in music, fu.ck what they like. i think its all horrible. but once upon a time that was said of us as well.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:54 am

Dundalk wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
Dundalk wrote:I agree with you Kharhaz about movies. They have really gone to the dogs lately.

Inception, Kings speech, Black Swan.. 3 of the best movies of the last 10 yuears I'd say

But that's the thing..they are few and far between

I used to watch films all the time, but I rarely watch them now at all. Lately ive found myself sitting down to watch something only to get bored half way through. Yes there are some classics every now and then and I agree with the three films you have mentioned but I prefer TV series these days.

The amount of cr.ap you have to get through to get to see one good film is ridiculous

name ALL the films you used to love? and I'll name the same level of class now
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:54 am

Reg wrote:
dawson99 wrote:Get out there, theres so much genius going on. You lot are so mesmorised by X Factor you don't realise that every night all over the world in little pubs and clubs some of the best and most promising new bands are playing.

Says teh man with 25,000 posts !!  :rasp

Do as I say, not as I do  :D
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:05 am

anti-hero wrote:
metalhead wrote:Mate I'm not saying the type of music, I'm saying music as a whole is going down. I go out and listen to a lot of bands where I come from, great music and great atmosphere. However, look whose topping the charts world wide, is it those bands that we listen to? No, its lady gaga, Beiber and sh!t artists like that, that top the Music charts world wide every week and every month. Back in the 60s 70s and 80s great artists and great bands like Michael Jackson, the Beatles, the Who, Led Zeppelin, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, etc... top artists that play great music and known world wide. Compare them to today's artists, Beiber, Gaga, Rihanna, Beyounce, Britney Spears, Chris Brown.

i agree with your sentiments 100%.

however, even though i would rather run laps around a field than listen to justin beiber in a cold and comfortable room - music is not 'going downhill'. its merely evolving. like it always has, and will continue to do.

musical tastes are often a very divisive subject. even more so when you categorize them into eras and decades BUT, the way we all cringe when the new beiber album drops, or when lady gaga releases another pandering PRO EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE single isnt so much different from when old people back in the day would complain about rock n roll being the devil's music and techno just being a lump of noise.

i will nod my head in agreement if we ever have a conversation about how sorry the music industry has become, how it has put promoting good music in the back seat and prioritizing selling albums and merchandise to the 14 -16 year old demographic.

i will wholeheartedly agree with you that the poetry that once thrived within 16 bars and a melody has horrifyingly given way to 'baby baby baby oooooh' and a song about friday.

and i will agree with you as well if you would say that everyday, the world is a little worse off because they get to make millions, while silently suffocating talented musicians and turning half the world slightly retarded at the same time.

but that is music. it grows (regresses more like) and it changes.

it is no longer our definition. it once was. its theirs now. by theirs i mean the kids. this whole ke$ha - lady gaga - glee club generation. the music that they listen to now will be the same music that they will fondly remember and look back to when mainstream music changes its tune again.

its a scary afterthought but i think its best to leave and let them be. i like my own taste in music, fu.ck what they like. i think its all horrible. but once upon a time that was said of us as well.

I agree about music evolving, and I don't like it :(

see I'm old! :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:18 pm

Reg wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Reg wrote:Say it like it is Red, don't hold back.

Another sign of the times is when you look at an ol'slapper and think 'why not?'.  :laugh:

"boobs"  :D

Did you find some the other night after I left?  :laugh:

no mate the only pair that was sound was the girl in white who was loitering near our table with her friend before ordering a drink. they were epic, going by Singapore's standards :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby anti-hero » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:39 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Reg wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Reg wrote:Say it like it is Red, don't hold back.

Another sign of the times is when you look at an ol'slapper and think 'why not?'.  :laugh:

"boobs"  :D

Did you find some the other night after I left?  :laugh:

no mate the only pair that was sound was the girl in white who was loitering near our table with her friend before ordering a drink. they were epic, going by Singapore's standards :D

so they're like, b cups? lol
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum