Royal Wedding - who cares !

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Boocity » Wed May 04, 2011 8:18 am

metalhead wrote:
Boocity wrote:Regarding the point about who pays for it, surely the money generated for the country, ie, visitors, memorabilia, increase in exports for British goods etc far outweighs the costs.

sure, what ever you say... just ask our abu dhabi friends :D

I actually went for Brunch last Friday and they took off the entertainment and put the TV on to show the wedding
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed May 04, 2011 8:24 am

... imagine the worldwide tv rights with 2 billion people reckoned have tuned in........
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed May 04, 2011 8:41 am

Boocity wrote:Regarding the point about who pays for it, surely the money generated for the country, ie, visitors, memorabilia, increase in exports for British goods etc far outweighs the costs.

Last estimate I saw was it generated £50m for the economy, through tourism and adhoc employment.

Not sure if it is £50m profit though, although I'm pretty sure the wedding didn't cost £50m.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed May 04, 2011 9:42 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:

Last estimate I saw was it generated £50m for the economy, through tourism and adhoc employment.

Not sure if it is £50m profit though, although I'm pretty sure the wedding didn't cost £50m.

they say that the wedding will bring in over 2.5 bil in the next 5 years due to more coming to the UK, i have heard others say that the wedding cost a lot due to the amry being used. well sorry but its all in a days work for the army and the fee is coverd in what they get given each year. yes the police did use more staff, but they did not use overtime.

it will bring in way more than it cost to hold the wedding.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed May 11, 2011 11:54 am

enormous HD image of crowd

just seen this on BBC website, I'm amazed at the detail, you can zoom right into individual faces in the crowd.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum