R.I.P

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby The Good Yank » Sat May 31, 2014 3:37 am

Fight on Stu.  It's not easy I know mate, but really just focus on the fight.  Hell I tried to keep the Last Man Standing thread going during my battle and felt like a wuss when It became too much to handle.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat May 31, 2014 10:44 am

Ha. Tell ya what, anyone who fronts this up isn't a wuss in my book. I do have a nagging feeling though as the neck tumour is huge. Hopefully it will respond to the next treatment. Should start to have an idea on Monday or so.

What did you have good yank?
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sat May 31, 2014 10:46 am

Stu the Red » Sun May 25, 2014 1:57 pm wrote:Hello lads, just a quick one. Dont have much of a connection unfortunately so dont get much time too post but just wanna say thanks for the encouragement.

I started chemo on Friday and it went ok. Hopeful I will start to see some results over the next few weeks. Everything else has been pretty steady, blood counts are decent still and I can still get out a bit and feel quite normal. Hopefully I will be back on soon with a better and more detailed update and we will have signed Pedro, begovic and lallana :D

Stu It's good to hear that you can get out and about and "feel quite normal" That's got to be a massive fkg improvement in itself !! I told you that you are in one of the best countries in the world when it comes to this stuff !!  :laugh:

On a serious note mate it is early days. Keep your chin up. I know the treatment isn't too pleasant but I'm sure it will help you beat this nasty little bugger.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:28 am

Had two bouts of chemo... First one done f*ck all. Second one has smashed the f*ck out of the tumours and shrunk them making them pretty flat which is good.

The last two days though my energy levels have dropped off the face of the earth. Bein quite sporty all my life this isn't easy to cope with.

Also had news that its more than likely I'm goin to need a bone marrow transplant which is a bit Sh*t.

Feels like I have to walk to southern Spain and have gotten about as far as halewood
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:14 am

Had two bouts of chemo... First one done f*ck all. Second one has smashed the f*ck out of the tumours and shrunk them making them pretty flat which is good.

The last two days though my energy levels have dropped off the face of the earth. Bein quite sporty all my life this isn't easy to cope with.

Also had news that its more than likely I'm goin to need a bone marrow transplant which is a bit Sh*t.

Feels like I have to walk to southern Spain and have gotten about as far as halewood
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:15 am

Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:34 pm

That's good news Stu (about the chemo)

When do you get the bone marrow transplant?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:18 pm

Baby steps Stu ,but steps in the right direction fella ....Best of luck with the rest of your treatment mate.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:30 am

Tar lid :D

Feelin sound today, just a bit tired. Doctors are quiet optimistic which helps too.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:42 am

Keep fighting the good fight Stu , I'm sure there will be plenty more valleys and peaks before your on the mend
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:50 am

It's progress mate... I'm delighted it's responding.  If you dont feel like sht them the chemo isn't doing any good - just look at it that way!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:40 am

Well in Stu, focus on the positives mate!  :buttrock
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:39 am

Stu the Red » Sat May 31, 2014 4:44 am wrote:Ha. Tell ya what, anyone who fronts this up isn't a wuss in my book. I do have a nagging feeling though as the neck tumour is huge. Hopefully it will respond to the next treatment. Should start to have an idea on Monday or so.

Sorry mate.  Just seen this.  I had a bit of throat cancer and a bit of Oral cancer.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:59 pm

The Good Yank » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:39 am wrote:
Stu the Red » Sat May 31, 2014 4:44 am wrote:Ha. Tell ya what, anyone who fronts this up isn't a wuss in my book. I do have a nagging feeling though as the neck tumour is huge. Hopefully it will respond to the next treatment. Should start to have an idea on Monday or so.

Sorry mate.  Just seen this.  I had a bit of throat cancer and a bit of Oral cancer.

***** hell that sounds delightful  :oops:

How are you doing now?

Must admit, this Chemo lark is hard work, never felt so tired in my life. Complete and utter lack of energy. Feel like I'm drained and finding it very difficult to even sit up, let alone do any sort of activety. Luckily it hasn't made me too ill as of yet, although they're changing the regime monday to IVAC and CODEX M which is meant to be really aggressive and intense. Can't wait :D

On sayin that if it helps knock the f*ck out of this then happy days. Only another 4 months of treatment left... then a bone marrow transplant :D haha!

Hopefully be right before Christmas... (have I really just said that?  :oops: )

:D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:06 am

Being right before Christmas is a good goal Stu. These things are a ***** to kick and 6 months is a good target to aim for.

At this rate you'll be saluting an Xmas beer to the end of the disease  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum