R.I.P

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Boocity » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:55 am

Absolutely shocked by this news, I really thought he was over the worst and would get through this, such sad news and my thoughts go out to his family and girlfriend,
RIP Stu, YNWA
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:20 pm

Sad news indeed, condolences to his girlfriend and family  :(
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:33 pm

Stu mate we never met except on this forum and I really enjoyed the banter and the occasional nonsense. You were one of a kind and never frightened to call a spade a shovel !!

You will be very sadly missed and my heartfelt wishes go out to your girlfriend, family and friends.

Sad times. RIP Stu.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:10 pm

Oh no.... :(

What awful news. I can't believe this vile disease has taken another Newkitter from us  :(

Stu was a great and passionate reds fan, with a brilliant footballing brain. Dean Ashton aside ( :D ) he was on the money with managers, players and tactics. Our forum (and all of us) have lost a great red. I really can't believe he's gone. In fact, I'm f**king gutted.

RIP Stu, you'll be missed.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:26 pm

Over the last two days and when my mind has had time to wander, it keeps coming back to Stu. Never knew him personally or anything like that but its sad to see/read him go through this dark journey from beginning to end - where by then, there is nothing from him, or his posts.

Tragic.

YNWA Stu, Drummephil & Red37. They'll be up there starting their own LFC forum.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:40 pm

Never knew personally either but its now really hard going to re-read this thread which only started around 10 months ago

I expect Red 37 already had to give him a yellow for the gratuitous use of the word "Clueless "
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:05 pm

Extremely saddened to hear the news

To those saying that they're shocked, I am afraid not surprised and I'll share why this thread has been a difficult one to read for me since the start. When Stu posed the first question at the beginning of the thread, unfortunately I had direct experience with my mother of almost the exact same thing 5 years ago. She was diagnosed just after her 60th birthday and didn't make it to her 61st (coming on for the 5 yr anniversary now). I kept my mouth shut other than positive support as I was pretty sure that he wasn't in for a pleasant ride and I recognised all too clearly his reasons for starting the thread in the first place.

I can tell you that he probably didn't come close to telling you how difficult some of the circumstances he most likely found himself in as I saw a lot of the same trends in what he described in this thread that matched my experience and if my interpretation is correct, you wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy. As everyone on here started to notice that he wasn't active in the past weeks/months, some very strong warning bells were going off for me as well. Obviously I don't know the details directly, but I am guessing that similar to my mum it came back harder each time and with each wave of treatment the energy and ability for the body to recover. He and his family have my every sympathy.

Having been a member of this board during DrummerPhil's illness as well, I found it strange to experience a life threatening illness in what is essentially an impersonal and somewhat voyeuristic way. You don't really know anyone on the board well (at least I don't), but in some ways you share innermost thoughts and feelings here,  more so than you might do with the people in your life with whom you have direct and regular contact. When Phil was ill, I had no experience of cancer in my family and if I am honest was a little cynical if a board such as this offered anything other than superficial sentiments at best. Having experienced what I did a few years ago, I can say that I found other online outlets to vent and get things out to be quite cathartic and am guessing that is something that you've all provided to Stu for as long as he could stay part of it.

Obviously I don't want to come across as though I am speaking for him (who am I after all?), but as he never got the chance, I felt it appropriate to share at least one experience and I hope that my comments are received with the respect to the subject matter and to Stu and his family that I intend.

A very heartfelt YNWA
Homebooby

Postby Scottbot » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:27 pm

Kenny Kan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:26 pm wrote:Over the last two days and when my mind has had time to wander, it keeps coming back to Stu. Never knew him personally or anything like that but its sad to see/read him go through this dark journey from beginning to end - where by then, there is nothing from him, or his posts.

Tragic.

YNWA Stu, Drummephil & Red37. They'll be up there starting their own LFC forum.

Same here dude. Have been thinking about him a lot the past 24 hours, feeling particularly bad having not been a part of the board in recent times and also not having spoken with Stu for probably two years and then to stumble into the thread yesterday completely unawares. I still can't get my head around it. My step dad is unfortunately very ill with cancer at the moment and has very little time left, I would argue that he is a young Man at just 55 but Stu was only 31. It's hard to stomach. No doubt the past few months would have been horrible for Stu as homebody suggests and at least now he has a release from any further pain or suffering. YNWA Stu lad
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:28 pm

Homebooby » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:05 pm wrote:Extremely saddened to hear the news

To those saying that they're shocked, I am afraid not surprised and I'll share why this thread has been a difficult one to read for me since the start. When Stu posed the first question at the beginning of the thread, unfortunately I had direct experience with my mother of almost the exact same thing 5 years ago. She was diagnosed just after her 60th birthday and didn't make it to her 61st (coming on for the 5 yr anniversary now). I kept my mouth shut other than positive support as I was pretty sure that he wasn't in for a pleasant ride and I recognised all too clearly his reasons for starting the thread in the first place.

I can tell you that he probably didn't come close to telling you how difficult some of the circumstances he most likely found himself in as I saw a lot of the same trends in what he described in this thread that matched my experience and if my interpretation is correct, you wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy. As everyone on here started to notice that he wasn't active in the past weeks/months, some very strong warning bells were going off for me as well. Obviously I don't know the details directly, but I am guessing that similar to my mum it came back harder each time and with each wave of treatment the energy and ability for the body to recover. He and his family have my every sympathy.

Having been a member of this board during DrummerPhil's illness as well, I found it strange to experience a life threatening illness in what is essentially an impersonal and somewhat voyeuristic way. You don't really know anyone on the board well (at least I don't), but in some ways you share innermost thoughts and feelings here,  more so than you might do with the people in your life with whom you have direct and regular contact. When Phil was ill, I had no experience of cancer in my family and if I am honest was a little cynical if a board such as this offered anything other than superficial sentiments at best. Having experienced what I did a few years ago, I can say that I found other online outlets to vent and get things out to be quite cathartic and am guessing that is something that you've all provided to Stu for as long as he could stay part of it.

Obviously I don't want to come across as though I am speaking for him (who am I after all?), but as he never got the chance, I felt it appropriate to share at least one experience and I hope that my comments are received with the respect to the subject matter and to Stu and his family that I intend.

A very heartfelt YNWA

Great post Homebooby and I'm sorry to hear you went through some similar with your mother. Sadly, as we all get older, cancer seems to touch more and more of those around us. However, at 31 (I think that was Stu's age) he was at no stage of life to be taken away.

You're right about the way these things come across on internet forums though. After all, most of us have never (nor will ever) meet in person. But I do believe these places help those in need and also inspire others to do some good and raise money and awareness for such awful illnesses.

I was planning to run a 10k charity run later in the spring and will certainly nominate a local cancer charity as the benefactor.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:23 pm

R.I.P. Stu the Red, the first forum member I ever had a proper argument with. Forthright, unrelenting, never shy of having an opinion, rarely anything less than abrasive; his insistence that he was 100% right and that you were a bellend who knew nothing about the game typified his posting style a lot of the time. But once you look past that it's easy to see his temperament reflected his passion for the club and his desire to see us maintain the highest standards possible. That also made him capable of sharing some really insightful views about the game.

A sad loss at such a young age.

YNWA
LFC2007

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:38 pm

My God, awful news :(

I honestly thought that things were getting better for him after his last post. RIP Stu :(
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:49 am

Awful news that.

Rest In Peace Stu - get a clue lad.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:52 am

terrible and deeply saddening news and the realisation of the fears of many of us. like most of us old timers, i've 'known' the cantankerous, belligerent, argumentative fúcker for the best part of 11 years - for the better and for the worse. we've all crossed swords with him, but we've also all seen his humorous, charming and compassionate side as well. we'll miss him enormously on the forum, but nowhere near how much his family and loved ones must be missing him. my thoughts really are with them, that someone with his whole life ahead of him is gone so soon.

its so nice to see that so many of you who have disappeared from the forum in recent years have come back to show your respects.

RIP, stu lad.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:13 pm

I have been speaking with one of Stu's close friends on Facebook and enquired as to where members of the board could send their condolences. He has given me the address of Stu's parents as a contact. I don't think it would be right to put the address up on public view but please PM me if you would like the address to send a card and I will share it.

Thanks

Scotty

YNWA
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:48 pm

someone in the thread mentioned red37 had passed away also ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum