Please dont delete this

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:45 pm

also this guy is an everton fan ive noticed!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:47 pm

dawson99 wrote:im just looking forward to seeing landos take on this :D

:D  Yer.
Where are ya Lando, god I luv lando he makes my day with his rants  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:08 pm

god this place gets weirder by the day :Oo:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:32 pm

DELETE DELETE DELETE

He deserves it for being such a mong, come on mods, give us a fuc*ing laugh, if liverpol win this would make pretty much the perfect weekend.

:D
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby drummerphil » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:37 pm

stoney wrote:phil, I see you are trying to restrain yourself  :D

I'm lost for words stoney mate,decided not to have a rant because it seems like some young kid.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:39 pm

some young lad who screamed EFC on another thread!!!
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:13 pm

dunno wot ur tlking about me being a everton fan

i cant save it to a floppy as the school computer doesnt have the software i use nthis and by the way u can delete this now if ya like

and to the person who sed atleast re write this so it readable this is a star work
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby drummerphil » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:22 pm

*XABIALONSO* wrote:dunno wot ur tlking about me being a everton fan

i cant save it to a floppy as the school computer doesnt have the software i use nthis and by the way u can delete this now if ya like

and to the person who sed atleast re write this so it readable this is a star work

and which star would that be.......Stevie Wonder by any chance.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:27 pm

drummerphil wrote:and which star would that be.......Stevie Wonder by any chance.

A* u spazzy
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:30 pm

spazzy... now with words like that u are definately an A (hole) hehe

sorry mate but u putting that here, u really didnt think that everyone would say stuff?
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:36 pm

*XABIALONSO* wrote:
drummerphil wrote:and which star would that be.......Stevie Wonder by any chance.

A* u spazzy

i would normally give you what for for that,but i cant work out whether your about 10 yet..........spazzy.....seems to lead me in that direction even more.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:50 pm

*XABIALONSO* wrote:Media studies coursework
In this coursework I am comparing the articles of Broadsheet papers and Tabloid papers The guardian and The Inderpendat being examples of Broadsheets and Mirror and The sun being examples of Tabloids.There are many diffrences between Tabloids and Broadsheets the main being the layout.The job of a newspaper is to deliver news from around the world the news can be delivered through pictures and writing this is another diffrence between Tabloids and Broadsheets. Tabloid pages contain mostly pictures where as broadsheets does not have any pctures and is all writing. Both papers would use some sort of headline.The job of a headline is to stand out so it can catch someones attention if they are just walking past,headlines usually always have big bold black letters and sometimes contains an illiteration.

The articles i was given to look at and compare was the story about the tragic killing of when two ten year old boys beat James Bulger of Two years old so hard he died.The headline of the tabloid paper (the sun) is 'This boy and his pal murdered James bulger '2' and will be locked away for 20 years'.The headline of the broadsheet is 'An act of unparalleled evil'. After reading both articles i would have to say that the tabloids is more sensational my reason for this is when reading the quote 'He gulped for breathe and clutched his chest as the judge delivered to him that he would be jailed for many many years' it really dragged me into the story and i wanted to read on and although this may be aload of garbage it still tempts me to keep reading and i think people may look for this in a paper.However
the inderpendant paper is very factual and contains a quote from the judge saying 'Your conduct was both cunning and wicked' this maybe more suitable and very intresting for people who read papers for the factual side.

The broadsheets version contains no pictures of any of the attackers or James Bulger himself where as the tabloid paper the sun has pictures of one of the attackers Robert Thompson and the murdered James Bulger. The pictire of Robert they have selceted makes him look like another school kid but i think they may have russled through to find that one,The picture of James Bulger looks very sweet and innocent i think this could have been selected to make the readers feel all the more disgusted at the two attackers although people should feel sick even looking at a picture of Robert.

The tabloids paper is full up of half  pictures and half writing although theres looks to be more writing i think this maybe as they have used such a large font size.The broadsheet has no pictures not one and the writing in the broadsheet is small.Comparing the two columns of writing in both papers it has got to be the broadsheet that has more as even though the writing is smaller you can still tell that there is far more writing in those columns.

Language used in The sun is easy to read and i think you only need to have a reading age of Eight to be able to read the sun so it can spread to a whole variety of people so i think it has an easy effect of reding on the reader an example of this is ' It was too much, and she fled into tears but not before the police man who nailed these killers walked over and kissed her on the cheek' also about this  quote i think that could be aload of garbage because who walks over and kisses a stranger on the cheek.The language in the broadsheets is more advanced and uses more 'complex' words i think this could decrese the number of readers it has as the word maybe to long and sophisticated for a less abled teenagers to read and example of this is such words as ' vindictive' 'comprehend' and 'fixtation'.

The sun uses 'sensationalism' as it uses over the top information which is not necasarilly true an example of sensationalism is the headline the sun doesnt know the murderers will be jailed for 20 years another good example is what i mentioned earlier about the policeman walking over to the mother of James bulger and kissing her the sun doesnt know if any of these are true but still allows its self to print such mindless text.In comparisson to this the inderpendant is complety one hundred percent fact it even has three or four quotes from the actually court hearing as it has those facts and journalist must go down to the hearings thats the reason i would have to say the inderpendant is much more trustworthy

I have discovered nothing about which is more trustworthy or which is more fact or opinion as i new before writing this coursework that broadsheet tabloids contained most fact had no pictures and that tabloid papers use mostly pictures and base most of there articles on there own opinions However I would have to say I prefer tabloids papers even though they are opinionated papers.My reasons for this are I belive they make the storys more exciting where as broadsheets dont,they get straight to the point where broadsheets ramble on and on they use pictures aswell where broadsheets dont they are the reasons why id prefer to read a tabloid paper.

Richard O'Reilly 10.3 English

i printer is not working so i need to save this here then when i get to school open this then print it there this is very important it is my school coursework please dont delete

dunno wot ur tlking about me being a everton fan

Your joking, ofcourse?

I'm betting that this "coursework" is for a GCSE language course, where you are being entered for the Foundation level.

(Highest achievable grade - D.)
The grade I predict for this work as it stands - U. (I'm not being nasty - that's what it will get as it stands.)
Reasons:
Your grammer is atrocious, your use of syntax (sentence structure and it's elements) could hardly be worse, and your spelling is pathetic. The entire piece is about as engaging as a rainy holiday spent with a German stamp-collector, who's breath comes straight from a bean-loving canine's bottom.

The quotations in your piece have spelling mistakes in them (a BIG no-no). For instance;
"breathe" - should be spelt "breath" in the context you are using it.
You have spelt "The Independant" several ways, none of which have been correct. ALWAYS ensure any quotes/names/titles are spelt correctly. An examiner will forgive a few mistakes in the rest of the essay, but will mark you down if these are wrong.

You should NEVER open any essay with "In this (type of essay)". Similarly, never begin a letter with; "I am writing to you..." - it's OBVIOUS you are writing!

There are other weaknesses in the essay, but you need to grasp the basics before you move on.
"*XABIALONSO*" - I emplore you to reconsider this document, ask for some help from your teachers (particularly with syntax and grammer), realise that full-stops are your friends, and take a little time over any future work.

I am not having a go, or a cheap shot.
Believe it or not, I am actually trying to help you.  :)

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:50 pm

drummerphil wrote:
*XABIALONSO* wrote:

A* u spazzy

i would normally give you what for for that,but i cant work out whether your about 10 yet..........spazzy.....seems to lead me in that direction even more.

Its ironic you know as this is the same guy that said Beckham was better than Ronaldinho... I believe only a 'spazzy' would think that.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:03 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:The entire piece is about as engaging as a rainy holiday spent with a German stamp-collector, who's breath comes straight from a bean-loving canine's bottom.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  Dont ya just love Lando :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:06 pm

*XABIALONSO* wrote:

A* u spazzy

Think you better watch your mouth boy and not a very appropriate thing to say to Phil is it? After the mans had an horrific car accident and has had a very bad illnes how old are you? and are you english ??? thats very insulting to people who have handicapped family members aswell.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum