Phil the power - Up there with woods, federer etc.?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby serendipity » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:34 pm

brentd4 wrote:hes a legend, n to be world champion so many times, for his achievements,,,, hes easily in the top 5 greaest professionals of all time. if not thee top.... someone mentioned darts bein a past time not a sport, n others talk bout tiger woods, woods isnt that overly great he wins maybe 30% of the tournaments he enters gets mega money from nike n ppl think hes the best, taylor isnt as wel known as woods but hes better at what he does than woods is at golf. and gettin back to the past time part,,,,, what is golf, its a past time in my eyes.

That is kind of unfair there are many more variables in golf than in darts, for one thing the courses are different and always changing, a dart board is basically a dart board.

Phil "The power" Taylor is still incredible at what he does though but for my money Federer is the greatest living sportsman, quite probably the best ever.
serendipity

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:40 pm

Whats harder, 9 darter or 147, i asked this a while back
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:44 pm

brentd4 wrote:hes a legend, n to be world champion so many times, for his achievements,,,, hes easily in the top 5 greaest professionals of all time. if not thee top.... someone mentioned darts bein a past time not a sport, n others talk bout tiger woods, woods isnt that overly great he wins maybe 30% of the tournaments he enters gets mega money from nike n ppl think hes the best, taylor isnt as wel known as woods but hes better at what he does than woods is at golf. and gettin back to the past time part,,,,, what is golf, its a past time in my eyes.

What a load of sh!t

Let me think...

Hitting a ball with a club to within 1 foot of a pin 200 hundred yards away compared to hitting a treble 20 with a dart 8 foot away? You do the maths muppet.

The very fact you see professional darts players drinking and still competing shows how farcical your comments are.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:45 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:

What a load of sh!t

Let me think...

Hitting a ball with a club to within 1 foot of a pin 200 hundred yards away compared to hitting a treble 20 with a dart 8 foot away? You do the maths muppet.

The very fact you see professional darts players drinking and still competing shows how farcical your comments are.

people buy golf clubs for 1000s... darts is just your arm and your eye
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:11 pm

dawson99 wrote:Whats harder, 9 darter or 147, i asked this a while back

147, requires near perfect cue control. Just my opinion like but for me a 147 is hardest
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby fivecups » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:23 pm

Watched it the other night. He nearly had a 3rd when he finished with 10 darts the leg after his second 9 darter. Some player.

BTW, what was the best darts match you ever watched?

Does anyone remember Jelle Klaasen vs Barney?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum