Oslo

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:30 am

woof woof ! wrote:Hadn't realised (at the time) that the kids were so young, I thought they were mostley in their late teens.

Re your last point . You'd be surprised what kids are capable of.

As kid me and and about a dozen other kids, boys and girls aged between 10 and 13, were playing in Arrowe Park (on the Wirral) when a fella wearing a black hood over his head came out of the woods and grabbed one of the girls. We sh'it ourselves and legged it. After running about 50 yards some of us stopped regrouped and looking back saw the fella dragging the girl towards the woods while her sister was desperately hanging onto his arm in an attempt to stop him. One of our group said "there's eight of us and only one of him let's scrag him ! " We sent one lad running towards some adults in the distance to get help and the rest of us charged the pervert. Seeing us racing towards him he let go of the girl and legged it back into the woods.
We didn't follow him into the woods, we weren't that brave but our action had prevented a rape and possibly worse. All it took was just one lad aged about 12 to get us organised.

that was back in the 30s we are in 2011 woof :D

kidding mate

I think the teens found themselves in a difficult situation especially when they didn't know what was going on and who was shooting. I was listening to a report on the news and some of the witnesses did not see the shooter they just ran away with the crowd. Its also difficult to come up against a person with an automatic weapon in his hand and has nothing to lose. Anyways, I agree to an extent that maybe someone brave enough would have stopped the 2 hour rampage, but in panic situations its difficult to think unless your SAS :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:55 am

aCe' wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
Reg wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:I fully understand the panic many people experience when they're under fire and appreciate these kids probably had no military training (?), just sad that they were apparently so unprotected and so defenseless

The fella related to the Norwegian princess who was shot on teh island was a security guard so there was some form of security. Sadly if the fella wore a police uniform, he deceived everyone in the first few vital moments. Apart from that, why would middle class 15 year olds suddenly develop adult primevil survival instincts and attack a man obviously more aggressive and able at killing than them? It aint going to happen.

Hadn't realised (at the time) that the kids were so young, I thought they were mostley in their late teens.

Re your last point . You'd be surprised what kids are capable of.

As kid me and and about a dozen other kids, boys and girls aged between 10 and 13, were playing in Arrowe Park (on the Wirral) when a fella wearing a black hood over his head came out of the woods and grabbed one of the girls. We sh'it ourselves and legged it. After running about 50 yards some of us stopped regrouped and looking back saw the fella dragging the girl towards the woods while her sister was desperately hanging onto his arm in an attempt to stop him. One of our group said "there's eight of us and only one of him let's scrag him ! " We sent one lad running towards some adults in the distance to get help and the rest of us charged the pervert. Seeing us racing towards him he let go of the girl and legged it back into the woods.
We didn't follow him into the woods, we weren't that brave but our action had prevented a rape and possibly worse. All it took was just one lad aged about 12 to get us organised.

:bowdown

I heard you held the coats Woof !!    :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:38 pm

Reg wrote:I heard you held the coats Woof !!    :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

B'stard !

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:22 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:
maguskwt wrote:What? 2 pages for the Oslo shooting and 5 pages for Amy Whinehouse? Where are our priorities we wonder? What has the world become?

And let's be fair, it's hardly a thread for Amy Winehouse, it's more of a thread to jig and pi$$ on her grave.

Too true if you took out the sermons that your sympathy would better spent on some else and the im on the higher ground competition stuff, then Amy thread would have been about one page
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:38 pm

laza wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:
maguskwt wrote:What? 2 pages for the Oslo shooting and 5 pages for Amy Whinehouse? Where are our priorities we wonder? What has the world become?

And let's be fair, it's hardly a thread for Amy Winehouse, it's more of a thread to jig and pi$$ on her grave.

Too true if you took out the sermons that your sympathy would better spent on some else and the im on the higher ground competition stuff, then Amy thread would have been about one page

Excatemundo.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:13 pm

I got this on my BB today

''If the person who killed 76 people in Norway was a Muslim, the Press would have declared him as terrorist. For now though, he is just an 'Assailant ', 'Attacker' (Reuters), 'Gunman' (BBC, CNN & Al Jazeera). Looks like 'Terrorist' is a name reserved for Muslims? The US Dept of State calls it an 'Act of Violence', Not an 'Act of Terrorism'. Share this status and let the world know, HYPOCRISY is leading us astray.''

funny they should mention it :;):

Sorry didn't know which thread to put it
Last edited by metalhead on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:18 pm

metalhead wrote:I got this on my BB today

''If the person who killed 76 people in Norway was a Muslim, the Press would have declared him as terrorist. For now though, he is just an 'Assailant ', 'Attacker' (Reuters), 'Gunman' (BBC, CNN & Al Jazeera). Looks like 'Terrorist' is a name reserved for Muslims? The US Dept of State calls it an 'Act of Violence', Not an 'Act of Terrorism'. Share this status and let the world know, HYPOCRISY is leading us astray.''

except everyone has called this guy a terrorist...

he is being called the terrorist of Oslo
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:20 pm

There can be arguments like closer to home, similar cultures blah blah blah... But what about Amy whinehouse getting more attention than the Norway tragedy?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:21 pm

There can be arguments like closer to home, similar cultures blah blah blah... But what about Amy whinehouse getting more attention than the Norway tragedy?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:34 pm

dawson99 wrote:

except everyone has called this guy a terrorist...

he is being called the terrorist of Oslo

don't know mate I just got it on my blackberry :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:37 pm

Your right MH, I think people have refrained from labelling him a terrorist as they view him as more of a lone fking nutcase.

BTW, the Norwegian authorities don't want to charge him under the "terrorism law" as it only carries a maximum sentence of 20 years, meaning he could possibly be released after only 10 years.

They're looking to charge him under the "crimes against humanity" laws which carry a longer sentence

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:46 pm

woof woof ! wrote:

Your right MH, I think people have refrained from labelling him a terrorist as they view him as more of a lone fking nutcase.

BTW, the Norwegian authorities don't want to charge him under the "terrorism law" as it only carries a maximum sentence of 20 years, meaning he could possibly be released after only 10 years.

They're looking to charge him under the "crimes against humanity" laws which carry a longer sentence

So you're saying its actually being racist, and if he was muslim he woulda got a lighter sentence?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:52 pm

Well here in Oz he has been labelled a right wing extremist which may not interest you.
However if we keep padding this up to five pages it will deflate the "Look how many pages Amy got" and at least put that argument to bed
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:05 pm

dawson99 wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

So you're saying its actually being racist, and if he was muslim he woulda got a lighter sentence?

:laugh:

Yeah mate, PC gone mad (not)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum