Musical classics!

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 67-1161385641 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:10 pm

I was going through my record collection the other day and found The Madness, then the memories flooded back, the days I used to dance around like a loony to the song 'House of fun'

I also found the video on youtube; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQulYkwKjZ8

That's got to be a music classic, what's song/songs do you think are classics, they can be as silly or as serious as you like.

:D
67-1161385641

Postby dawson99 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:11 pm

deelite...groove is in the heart

absolute classic dance number, the best one hit wonder ever...fact
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:35 pm

Stairway. It beats everything hands down. Followed closely by While My Guitar Gently Weeps. I listen to these two songs and I feel as if I've been elivated to a higher place.

Your Pretty When I'm Drunk by The Bloodhound Gang reminds me of a few unfortunate awakenings and that's always good for a laugh (now).
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:04 pm

Music is the diary of life
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:17 pm

i have many favourites across several diverse genres and as someone mentioned beforehand. music chronicles our trials and tribulations throughout our lonely existence in the universe. it holds a wealth of human experience within its vast repertoire. and as a result remains timeless through the ages. it neither bears prejudice to any man, nor does it demands anything in return to captivate its listener. The inherent power of music transcends all that is foul and superficial about the modern world up onto planes that are a joy to spend hours exploring and finding comfort within. i personally gain much pleasure in writing my own music, albeit on a rudimentary level and nothing in this world gives me greater pleasure than working at the piano thoughout the night. (way too often for comfort) - you see the world has this nasty habit of coming between me and my creative fountain. but that only serves to compel me to return to it at the earliest possible convenience. quite literally i live for music and the sanctuary thats provided under its magical spell. there isnt a shred of doubt i could function without it. and for me there are as many inspirational jewels amongst the finest offerings from both the 18th centuries as there are up to and including the present one. and way too many to offer here. the thing with music,subjective as it is. your perception of it changes by the hour according to your state of mind. and i like that impulsive fluidity, it goes a long way to igniting the spark that can one minute derive its sustenance from the panoramic drama of a Beethoven symphony to the anthemic dynamism of a Kasabian track. i love 'em all from Bach to The Bunnymen. it has to be said though, that standards have well and truly slipped. its a good job there is so much else recorded for both posterity and the purpose of measuring the progress of mankind in years to come though the sepia tinted looking glass of nostalgia. food for thought almost certainly, the echo of the souls resonating footprint across time - absolutely.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:57 pm

taff wrote:Music is the diary of life

A great phrase that expresses exactly what music means to me. I can trace my life back through the music of the times.
account deleted by request

Postby kazza 1 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:33 pm

Those where the days!! I have not seen that video in ages! I remember going to my local youth club disco on a Saturday night, with a cheap and nasty bottle of cider and dancing to that!
I have a Ska folder in my music with groups like.........
Madness, Bad Manners, The Selector,  The Clash, The Specials, Screwdriver :blush:, Bob Marley and UB40. I still listen to them and have many a good night remembering them. I still know the words to most off them.
I remember coming home to my Aunts house (Ilived with her for a few years!) with my 18 holers, combats, Fred Perry T-shirt, red braces and my head shaved. She nearly died of shock and then instead of punishing me, she kicked the sh!te outta her son, saying it was his fault :D  :laugh:  :D
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:40 pm

dawson99 wrote:deelite...groove is in the heart

absolute classic dance number, the best one hit wonder ever...fact

Got this as a single on vinyl and was quite keen on it at the time.

One song I really like is 'Kayleigh' by Marillion....played it to exhaustion when it first came out.   :)

A real classic for me, though, is The Jam - 'Going Underground'...   :cool:
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:42 pm

My favourite Jam song is Down In The Tube Station At Midnight, that to me is their best song. It holds memories for me too, I was playing that in my bedroom the day I asked my first girlfriend out. :D
67-1161385641

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:37 am

i saw Madness live a few years ago, brilliant. it was full of people aged about 40 dancing like f.uck

if you get the chance to see them live then you should do it
112-1077774096

Return to General Chat Forum