Music - What you into?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Paul C » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:57 pm

mynameisred wrote:Hijack, pharcyde, mos def , people under the stairs, gunshot, a.t.c.q, brand nubian, Quannum, Del the funky homosapian, dj Shadow, dj Krush, Dilated Peoples, hyroglyphics, early Outkast, Artifacts. Then theres the Old Skool stuff like Ice T, NWA, Public Enemy. I could go on forever but it will do peeps heads in. The best ryming on an album for flow and lyrical content has to be Nas Illmatic, the best UK album is Hijack ( you seen how much their cd album goes for on ebay). Last few years though Ive been getting into alot of the dj and beats side of things especially Ninja tunes stuff. Im getting overexcited but I just love my beats.

Yeah man, Del The Funky homosapien, I love his album 'I wish my brother George was here', his new stuff under the name Deltron 3300 is also good, I love my beats too, I'll upload a good Mix Master Mike clip to my website, back in a min  :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:05 pm

You obviously have excellent taste then coz that deltron album blew my socks off when I first heard it, it was totally out there. Ive got a mixmaster mike dj album actually somewhere........cant find it but thats what happens when you got boxes of the stuff everywhere. My bro (not george)saw the Beastie Boys in concert about 5 years ago and he reckons they were the best band he has seen live. I used to go to the essentail festiavls so Ive been quite lucky to catch alot of decent hip hop acts over the yaers but my fav has to be the sat night of 2001 we had D.I.T.C followed by souls of mischief, then pharcyde and finished with Flava Flav. You got any D.I.T.C there stuff is top notch, Have you ever heard an album by Kurious called constipated monkey?
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:14 pm

ooh a constipated monkey :D  that cant be the most pretty of sights... !
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby mynameisred » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:16 pm

He has a monkey with him on the album cover and in a video but Ive never worked out if its symbolic of something or if its a metaphor or what. He may just like monkeys i suppose.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:18 pm

was the monkey constipated!? :D
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby Paul C » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:26 pm

Man I love The Pharcyde, I bought LabCabinCalifornia the day it came out in 1996, I skipped the day from College and got the train to Liverpool to get it from HMV :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:31 pm

yeah labcab was a good album altho I personally thought they never managed to reach the heights of Bizzare Ride. Ya mama got pladough teeth, ya mama goes fishing with a hook and reel at the frozen food section etc. LOL.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:34 pm

And with his little hand he grabbed the pipe, a lesson in buddah blessing, not too young just right, so we started blazing it was amazing, my lungs were black and shrivled up like a raisen, but who am I to deny the kid a try then the little boy said 'Thank you ooollld man'. Pack The Pipe.
Brilliant.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:36 pm

lol, yeah I love 'Passing me by', thats vid is kool too, man I love real Hip Hop, I hate telling people you like Hip Hop and they say "yeah me too, I like Eminem and Dr Dre", yeah ok they can both rhyme but they don't realise Hip Hop is the elements and a way of life not just some sold out rappers.  :(
Last edited by Paul C on Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:39 pm

Check this out, www.bluemellon.co.uk/mix master mike.mp4

It's an MP4 file so you will need a newish media player like the newst Windows Nedia Player or Quicktime 6 (both free) :)

It's a wicked clip, a piece of John Lee Hooker music nixed with Dead Prez Hip Hop, I watch it alllll the time :cool:
Last edited by Paul C on Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 pm

His Masters Voice

what a ****** name for an electrical goods retailer
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby mynameisred » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:42 pm

Yeah I used to go on at length explaining that what you know hip-hop to be isnt the real deal but they is too ignorent to see through it. Frustrates me but now I smoke too much weed to explain at length without forgetting what I was on about in the first place. I try just to give them an album by the roots, people under the stairs or A.T.C.Q to break them in gently or to the people I hear talking about 'have you heard of Outkast theer new song roses is cool' I give them a copy of the 1995 (i think) album 'southernplayerlisticadillacmusic'.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:45 pm

Great album, Ain't no thang, My Intro to let you now and Hootie Hoo are my favs :)

You ever heard INC Ride and Born to Rool by Masta Ace, You gotta get Born to Roll if you like big beats, it kiils most car stereo's even big systems, my mate has 2 1000w amps and 2 Rockford Fosgate subs which can just about cope with it, I paid £19 for Sittin on Chrome on import and it was worht every penny  :;):

I prusume you like Jurassic 5  :cool:
Last edited by Paul C on Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:53 pm

Yeah I love J5 they were a breath of fresh air when hip hop was struggling a bit a few years ago. Funnily enough Ive just caught up with Master ace INC was a quality album and born to Roll was class tune. Theres a few tracks on Thug Lifes album esp track 3 cant recall name off hand that has a low ****** booming baseline suited for a stereo like that. Pete Rock and Cl Smooth?
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:56 pm

Do I just cut and paste that clip and do I require broadband to see it properly? Ive seen Dead Prez live as it goes, it was pretty intense.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum