Moslim fan wants to support England...

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:10 am

Kenny Kan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:08 pm wrote:Good post.

I do think he has a fair point about the Terry/Rio issue. The brother of someone who was clearly caught on camera being racially abused doesn't go to the Euros for 'footballing reasons'. But Terry does. I do believe in innocence until proven guilty but the guy was caught on television/camera shouting abhorrent abuse at Anton Ferdinand, he (Terry) goes to the Euros and his brother doesn't. If that was Glen Johnson instead of Ferdinand I bet many on here would be considering/arguing that the FA are nothing but a bunch of contradictory little Englanders.

Hodgson was concerned or said it was because he didn't think Rio could play international matches every 4 days, worrying about his fitness. Yet, today he has said the exact same thing about Parker and Gerrard playing every 4 days and worrying about their fitness. The whole issue strikes me as a bit odd and I definitely think the author has a salient point in regards to this issue he's raised.

I don't really agree with with your analysis of the Terry situation, but I take your point that players misbehaving and managers/the FA making questionable decisions doesn't make it any easier if you're a fan trying to support the team that represents your country. It's much easier if you feel you can support the players as individuals as well as what they represent i.e. the country, but I'm not going to let it get in the way of supporting the team because there's absolutely nothing I or any other fan can do about it.
LFC2007

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:17 am

So what's your analyses of the situation then?
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:30 am

Kenny Kan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:17 pm wrote:So what's your analyses of the situation then?

Terry's a kunt and Ferdinand's a crock  :D

Honestly, I'm not sure what other choice Roy had given that Terry is innocent until proven guilty. If he includes both Terry and Ferdinand in the squad on footballing merit, what does that do for squad harmony given that one of them is alleged to have racially abused the other's brother? Even if he received assurances from Ferdinand, could he risk any potential for disharmony within the squad by including both of them? That's the problem Roy faced. My guess is that if Ferdinand was playing regularly and was absolutely at the top of his game, he would have been included, but because there was sufficient reason to be concerned about his lack of playing time, his injury problems and the potential for conflict arising from the allegations against Terry, he felt on balance it was best to omit Ferdinand from the squad. Evidently, he also rates Terry as a defender, and if you don't include him on footballing basis who else do you include given England's injury problems?
LFC2007

Postby cordsally » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:16 am

I m little bit confused! Even not in the mood now! :sleepy:
cordsally
LFC Basic Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:21 am

This article doesn't surprise me coming from a propoganda paper like the Guardian, Kenny are you a teacher, i thought only teachers and looney left councillors read the Guardian . This paper would want us to apologise for, the British Empire, the slave trade, the hundred years war, the crusades and the Irish potato famine. History is history, it cannot be changed and nobody should apologise for whats happened in the past. Every country has done things that are not acceptable today at some point in time.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:17 am

metalhead » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:47 pm wrote:
Are you Israeli?

I'm also sure those people who play call of duty are a bunch of 13 year olds

No, I'm not I am not Israeli and I am not Jewish either and no it's not just a bunch of 13 year old Muslims abusing me on Call of Duty, it's teenagers, young adults and I've had men who sound much older sounding off on their microphones about how great the Holocaust was and how Iran will drop an atomic bomb on Israel. How Jews are filth, scum and deserve to killed in the name of Allah!

I have to say it appears most of the abuse comes from British born Muslims or Muslims born in other countries but who reside in Britain, because the accents sound quintessentially British. I've played with plenty of KSA - Saudi players who can speak English and not one of them has commented on Jews, Israel or anything else. They've sworn at me for camping on Search and Destroy, but never commented on Judaism or anything else.
Boxscarf

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:00 am

@tariqpanja: Couple of British Asians from London dressed as knights of realm ahead of Swe-Eng #TebbitTest #Kiev http://t.co/xfTu7ohm
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:50 am

Boxscarf » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:17 am wrote:
metalhead » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:47 pm wrote:
Are you Israeli?

I'm also sure those people who play call of duty are a bunch of 13 year olds

No, I'm not I am not Israeli and I am not Jewish either and no it's not just a bunch of 13 year old Muslims abusing me on Call of Duty, it's teenagers, young adults and I've had men who sound much older sounding off on their microphones about how great the Holocaust was and how Iran will drop an atomic bomb on Israel. How Jews are filth, scum and deserve to killed in the name of Allah!

I have to say it appears most of the abuse comes from British born Muslims or Muslims born in other countries but who reside in Britain, because the accents sound quintessentially British. I've played with plenty of KSA - Saudi players who can speak English and not one of them has commented on Jews, Israel or anything else. They've sworn at me for camping on Search and Destroy, but never commented on Judaism or anything else.

Why do you have an Israeli flag in your COD avatar if you aren't Israeli or Jewish? More importantly why would you get upset what other nerds playing COD say about Jews in general IF you aren't one........

Sorry I got say this but what are you going on about? What point are you trying to make. It seem that your just trolling on COD, what sympathy would you expect from the rest of us  :upside:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Eagle » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:36 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:00 am wrote:@tariqpanja: Couple of British Asians from London dressed as knights of realm ahead of Swe-Eng #TebbitTest #Kiev http://t.co/xfTu7ohm

Kenny Kan must be raging!
Eagle

Postby metalhead » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:59 pm

eds » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:50 pm wrote:
Why do you have an Israeli flag in your COD avatar if you aren't Israeli or Jewish? More importantly why would you get upset what other nerds playing COD say about Jews in general IF you aren't one........

Sorry I got say this but what are you going on about? What point are you trying to make. It seem that your just trolling on COD, what sympathy would you expect from the rest of us  :upside:

was about to say the same :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Red Baron » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:13 pm

Oh come on we all know its the easiest thing in the world to offend a Moslem.See ive just done it,a Much easier to forget yor own culture and tred on egg shells.As for having a Star of David as an avatar you should be reported to microsoft and have your account suspended.
I found this quote interesting;Why do you have an Israeli flag in your COD avatar if you aren't Israeli or Jewish?
Wondered if you have ever been asked;Why do you have a Liverpool shirt if your not from liverpool or arent English.
Same as the question posed by Metalhead but itll be the PC police after me
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:02 pm

The Red Baron » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:13 pm wrote:Oh come on we all know its the easiest thing in the world to offend a Moslem.See ive just done it,a Much easier to forget yor own culture and tred on egg shells.As for having a Star of David as an avatar you should be reported to microsoft and have your account suspended.
I found this quote interesting;Why do you have an Israeli flag in your COD avatar if you aren't Israeli or Jewish?
Wondered if you have ever been asked;Why do you have a Liverpool shirt if your not from liverpool or arent English.

Not being Israeli, is different than not being from Liverpool but supporting a FOOTBALL CLUB
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:29 pm

metalhead » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:02 pm wrote:
The Red Baron » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:13 pm wrote:Oh come on we all know its the easiest thing in the world to offend a Moslem.See ive just done it,a Much easier to forget yor own culture and tred on egg shells.As for having a Star of David as an avatar you should be reported to microsoft and have your account suspended.

Not being Israeli, is different than not being from Liverpool but supporting a FOOTBALL CLUB

I just laugh when someone says "It's easy to offend a muslim" and they don't think they're being bigoted and/or plain naiave
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:37 pm

ah well daws, I learned to ignore...
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:43 pm

metalhead » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:37 pm wrote:ah well daws, I learned to ignore...

Learn to ignore.. typical muslim  :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum