Month off the booze - Anyone else here done it?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:50 pm

I'm now week 1 into a planned 4 week break of alcohol. I'm 32 and haven't had a long break from the booze for at least 10 years, so thought i'd give it a shot before summer kicks in and the lure of warm, pub gardens becomes too much.

So far so good  :D

anyone else done it?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:05 pm

Once I had alcohol poisoning and I eventually quit for a week if that counts. Never take time off it, seriously. As soon as you do, you'll find more opportunity to go somewhere awesome. Just moderation, or a week off, no need for a week, what are you gonna do? Stay in and watch Countdown?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:07 pm

dawson99 wrote:Once I had alcohol poisoning and I eventually quit for a week if that counts. Never take time off it, seriously. As soon as you do, you'll find more opportunity to go somewhere awesome. Just moderation, or a week off, no need for a week, what are you gonna do? Stay in and watch Countdown?

are Daws...after reading that i'm almost tempted to go to the offie now in search of a 4 pack of Stella  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:09 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
dawson99 wrote:Once I had alcohol poisoning and I eventually quit for a week if that counts. Never take time off it, seriously. As soon as you do, you'll find more opportunity to go somewhere awesome. Just moderation, or a week off, no need for a week, what are you gonna do? Stay in and watch Countdown?

are Daws...after reading that i'm almost tempted to go to the offie now in search of a 4 pack of Stella  :D

I meant more as in the vein of going out and doing something. Quit drinking at home, thats a good start. I was at a point at one time of drinking over a bottle of SC a day when drinking at home. Once I finished the first bottle in like an hour, then suited up so i would be in disguise and could buy the second one.

Although, a few beers from the offie sounds pretty good
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:38 am

well i've held strong :)

...now roll on next weekend...of doing nothing  :(
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:00 am

Best of luck with that. If you last the month you get 10 bonus points in LMS!!!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:48 am

went a week once... felt like a month

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:15 am

Haven't had a drink since January 3rd.  Feels like a year.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Dundalk wrote:Best of luck with that. If you last the month you get 10 bonus points in LMS!!!

i'll keep you posted  :D
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:54 pm

You wanna stop the Booze go to Saudi :D

I've stopped for 2 months.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:29 pm

i don't drink alcohol at all :)
maypaxvobiscum

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:32 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:i don't drink alcohol at all :)

you f*cking liar :D

I bet that's what the filipino hoe told you :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:08 pm

metalhead wrote:

OK fine, I lied :D

But honestly, I only started drinking in 2011 and I've not touched a sip since last week (with 2 Korean girls hehe). I was never a drinker, but got thrown into the mix as many of my teammates are from France and UK so when we go out after football, it's rude to reject a drink. Otherwise, I don't drink at all, and I plan to continue staying away from it even if it offends some people. It's not good because it makes your skin age faster and it ain't good for the complexion. Also, the malt in beers don't break down as quickly as it should hence how beer bellies develop. And finally, it is not cost productive to get into the drinking habit. I rather enjoy a cup of Rooibos or fruit juice. It's healthy :)
maypaxvobiscum

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:37 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
metalhead wrote:

OK fine, I lied :D

But honestly, I only started drinking in 2011 and I've not touched a sip since last week (with 2 Korean girls hehe). I was never a drinker, but got thrown into the mix as many of my teammates are from France and UK so when we go out after football, it's rude to reject a drink. Otherwise, I don't drink at all, and I plan to continue staying away from it even if it offends some people. It's not good because it makes your skin age faster and it ain't good for the complexion. Also, the malt in beers don't break down as quickly as it should hence how beer bellies develop. And finally, it is not cost productive to get into the drinking habit. I rather enjoy a cup of Rooibos or fruit juice. It's healthy :)

that's possibly the gayest paragraph I have ever read
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:00 pm

why? because consuming alcohol is a sign of being a man or being macho? too much of alcohol isn't good for the body, that's a fact that cannot be rebutted.
maypaxvobiscum

Next

Return to General Chat Forum