melanoma & skin cancer

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:38 pm

Had a pretty muted Xmas, folks. Went to have a mole checked out before Christmas which they cut off there and then. A few weeks wait to go back for results, then in this week to have a wider section carved out, couple of lymph nodes removed, and a further wait to see if it has spread further in me. So it's a pretty scary time right now.
I would advise all here to get any suspicious looking moles or lumps checked out
End of lecture!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:08 am

Sorry to hear that mate but I'm sure everything will work out fine.
Incidently wasnt there a major breakthrough a few weeks ago re treating cancer? I remember reading something about it in the paper, something to do with Malaria parasites eating tumours.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:03 am

bunglemark2 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:38 pm wrote:Had a pretty muted Xmas, folks. Went to have a mole checked out before Christmas which they cut off there and then. A few weeks wait to go back for results, then in this week to have a wider section carved out, couple of lymph nodes removed, and a further wait to see if it has spread further in me. So it's a pretty scary time right now.
I would advise all here to get any suspicious looking moles or lumps checked out
End of lecture!

Sorry to hear that fella.

If it's any consolation, a mate of mine had something similar a 5 years ago. Had to go back too for a wider section to be done, but was fine after that.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:03 am

Fingers crossed everything turns out ok for you Mark, hopefully they hae caught it all early enough
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:51 pm

Hang in there big fella

Fingers crossed for you getting some good news
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:14 pm

Cheers folks. Hopefully the nodes come back all clear. If not it's gonna be a lengthy process.
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:43 am

Dude, I've been through this, I've had the ice treatment on my face, chest and arms, sh!t happens and it's part of the job. My mother had it for many years and whilst it took her life in the end, she was 78 years old.  I accept that my living in sunny climates over the last 25 years will probably come at a price however I honestly don't see it as a game changer compared to the more aggressive cancers, the medical profession can react and control it well these days. Keep positive mate, there are lots of us out there with the same, but it beats the feck out of me how you got it in Dublin....!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:16 pm

Reg » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:43 am wrote:Dude, I've been through this, I've had the ice treatment on my face, chest and arms, sh!t happens and it's part of the job. My mother had it for many years and whilst it took her life in the end, she was 78 years old.  I accept that my living in sunny climates over the last 25 years will probably come at a price however I honestly don't see it as a game changer compared to the more aggressive cancers, the medical profession can react and control it well these days. Keep positive mate, there are lots of us out there with the same, but it beats the feck out of me how you got it in Dublin....!

Thanks for that post mate, appreciated.
Not in Dublin, you're right there. Too much sunburn in my youth and on holidays in Italy and elsewhere. Should hear next week what the results are and then next steps. Hoping for the best of course...
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:19 pm

Hope all goes well for you mate.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:13 pm

bunglemark2 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:38 pm wrote:Had a pretty muted Xmas, folks. Went to have a mole checked out before Christmas which they cut off there and then. A few weeks wait to go back for results, then in this week to have a wider section carved out, couple of lymph nodes removed, and a further wait to see if it has spread further in me. So it's a pretty scary time right now.
End of lecture!

Sorry to hear that mate.  :down: 
Hopefully you will get the all clear soon.  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:33 am

All clear, folks....
The relief was a million times better than that first hit 'n miss you have the morning after a skinful of ale the night before
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:58 am

bunglemark2 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:33 pm wrote:All clear, folks....
The relief was a million times better than that first hit 'n miss you have the morning after a skinful of ale the night before

:buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:57 am

Ask for the ice treatment on your face anyway just to know what you'll miss!  Well done mate, game on.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:58 am

Great news...congrats.
Homebooby

Postby metalhead » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:25 am

bunglemark2 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:33 pm wrote:All clear, folks....

what a relief! pheww.. great news mate!!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum