Malaysian Airliner - gone missing

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby metalhead » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:59 pm

:(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:01 pm

Babu or any of our Chinese or Malaysian group members on here, hoping that not none of your loved ones are in that plane.

Thoughts goes to the others, terrible tragedy and very very strange that they haven't found it yet and the reports that's coming out too
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:05 pm

It is baffling how Malaysia can keep a crucial information like what their airforce official disclosed yesterday anonymously because he wasn't authorised. That the airplane turned it's course and disappeared over straits of mallaca! If that is the case, they were searching at the wrong place for 2 days!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:07 pm

Malaysian airforce denied it later, didn't they? read it this morning.

Now Vietnam military are following a lead of a witness seeing something burning in the sky few days ago.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:54 pm

metalhead » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:07 pm wrote:Malaysian airforce denied it later, didn't they? read it this morning.

Now Vietnam military are following a lead of a witness seeing something burning in the sky few days ago.

It's all a big mystery now...in the first place... The plane lost contact at 2:30am, some reports said 1:30am and they didn't reveal it until 9:00am...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:07 pm

weirdest part was that there was no distress signal, no mayday no SOS at all. Some family members revealed that they called their loved ones telephone numbers and they were ringing.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:09 pm

metalhead » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:07 pm wrote:weirdest part was that there was no distress signal, no mayday no SOS at all. Some family members revealed that they called their loved ones telephone numbers and they were ringing.

Which all but rules out a crash into water. Phones don't ring when they are off.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:50 pm

Exactly

so what happened?!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:53 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:09 pm wrote:
metalhead » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:07 pm wrote:weirdest part was that there was no distress signal, no mayday no SOS at all. Some family members revealed that they called their loved ones telephone numbers and they were ringing.

Which all but rules out a crash into water. Phones don't ring when they are off.

actually this guy explains why the phones have been ringing... its  not really significant one way or the other.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E947lOku3_8[/youtube]

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:53 pm

hhhmmmm.... that youtube linky thing didn't work too well, did it? just copy and paste it into the address bar then, i guess...

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:35 pm

andy_g » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:53 pm wrote:hhhmmmm.... that youtube linky thing didn't work too well, did it? just copy and paste it into the address bar then, i guess...

Andy in that address starting with and including the https  delete everything up to and including the = sign, and it'll work.

Basically all you needed was the E947lOku3_8 bit with the youtube brackets either end.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:37 pm

Did you read the youtube comments though andy?  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:19 pm

cheers, woof.

metal.... no, i find reading youtube comments is one of the most soul destroying things you can do. having said that, i just checked those ones and it seems a lot of people are calling BS. but that in itself is a common response to lots of youtube videos, lots of knobheads saying whatever the video is about is a load of rubbish.

the thing that makes me wonder though is how, if the phones are on and functioning, did they charge them? when was the last time you had a phone that had a battery that lasted 4 days? maybe they are not all battery chugging smart phones, but even my old nokias and stuff were out of charge after a couple or three days, whether i used them much or not. also, if the phones are able to receive calls, why has not one single person tried to call from the plane or even send a cheeky sms? if they have been confiscated by hijackers then they would surely turn them off or just bin them. if they have their phones on them but are being guarded it wouldn't be impossible for one passenger at least to send something.

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:37 pm

takes me back to the TV Lost.
all stinks a bit for me, I know theres radio black out areas there but by now with the amount of aircraft going over something would have been picked up from the black box.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:34 pm

Yeah, "Lost" written all over this :D. Jokes aside though, a terrible tragedy.

The fact that the plane went off the radar while it was at about 35 000 feet in the air and the fact that there was no SOS call leads to the conclusion that the plane suddenly fell apart in mid flight. It's a Boeing 777 we're talking about though, so they don't just "fall apart". My take is someone blew it up.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to General Chat Forum