Live8 - London

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby ckay » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:45 am

Does anyone now what time certain bands will be on stage.
I want to watch the Killers and Keane but don't want to sit through the other stuff.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:49 am

Anyone going to see Oasis on Saturday at the City of Manchester ground?  There's four of us going.

Does anyone like their new album?

Or am I their only fan still?  :D
jonnymac1979

Postby Dom1 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:43 pm

nah jonny ive always been a big oasis buff... the new album just comes short of great, and isnt up their with the likes of Deffo maybe or WTS(MG).... but nevertheless is still a decent and highly listenable Oasis album.
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:17 pm

Yeah, I like that song Mucky Fingers and Guess God Thinks I'm Abel.

Top album though.
jonnymac1979

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:27 pm

you know whats kinda sad, youve got acts such as a former Beatle, Pink Floyd, U2, Velvet Revolver, and Sting. This would be an amazing show without the likes of snoop dog, and mariah carey.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:29 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Anyone going to see Oasis on Saturday at the City of Manchester ground?  There's four of us going.

Does anyone like their new album?

Or am I their only fan still?  :D

isnt OASIS an anagram of the saying ''total shi'te''

:p   :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:06 pm

Oasis had two good albums at the start-now they're :censored: and getting by on image.

Am I the only one fed up of Bono and Geldoff (my country has a lot to answer for) telling the world to do. they're just two pointless celebrities.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:34 pm

definately maybe was class, anythng after was poor, in my humble opinion of course
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:44 pm

Personally, and this is just a personal view, this country has enough problems of it's own. Instead of scrounging money of us working people who pay high taxes etc etc, maybe he should donate his own wealth instead. How has he got all this money anyway? He had one hit (albeit a loada sh!te) in the 70's or 80's whenever it was and he's done fk all since. Oh he organised a concert called Band Aid in the 80's. Then, as if by magic he is a very very wealthy man. Well, you make your own minds up.

Hey Bob, why don't you take your scruffy gyppo ar$e of to africa for good since you care so much!

long haired, unwashed, rich f'ker.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:50 pm

lol leej, but a man with a point.
the problem with england and tony bleurgh in particular is he still thinks we are a major super power. we should wipe off the third world debt for sure, the banks were a disgrace, but theres thousands of homelss kids and stuff and all that happening here that we could do more good for other countries if we sorted our own mess up first.

the bob becoming rich after band aid thing is spooky, got me thinking now
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:55 pm

Well just think about it, talentless scruffy idiot who has a dodgey hit record then nothing else. He aint gonna make multiple millions of that sh!te is he? So what else has he done? Mmm good point, not a right lot. except for raise millions for africa which by the way is still a poverty struck community with children starving to death - whats all that about?
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:59 pm

The thing is, unlike 20 years ago when Bob Geldof organized the first "Live Aid" concerts to raise funds for famine relief in Africa, Live 8 has a far more ambitious goal. It's trying to mobilize public opinion in the eight wealthiest nations on earth (the so-called "G-8") in order to pressure their leaders to make aid to Africa a global priority for the next decade.

This is not to suggest that Live 8 is not well-intentioned, nor that its organizers do not make a valid point about the West's exploitation of Africa, the major reason, along with internal corruption, that the continent is an economic basket case.

The problem with Live 8 is that it ignores the key issue, which is how economic assistance to Africa can be most effective.

Past experience has shown that simply raising money for distribution inside corrupt regimes won't work, and indeed can make a bad situation worse.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:08 pm

good point st.mick.

I also think Geldoff is a selfish t!t for saying "Come on people lets all go to Edinburgh to demonstrate!"

Yeah, good idea Bob, 500,000+ peole desending on Edinburgh at the same time. Apparently on New years Eve there was 330,000 people in edinburgh and there was nearly fatalities so whats gonna happen with 1/2 million demonstraters??? Didn't really think it through did you ya pr!ck?

He winds me up.
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:16 pm

Lee J wrote:Hey Bob, why don't you take your scruffy gyppo ar$e of to africa for good since you care so much!

long haired, unwashed, rich f'ker.

oh, i know fu'ck all, and play constantly with my pen'is in large parks

too much info lee, but yer right about geldof
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:25 pm

Judge, this is a serious subject! We're discussing starving Africans and a pikey called Bob, who when he sings sounds like a dying goose with it's head caught in the gears of a tractor!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum