Live8 - London

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:36 am

What a shower of cynical :censored: you lot are :D

Dissing Sir Bob cos he's scruffy and rich probably means you don't have to get off your lazy :censored: and do something yourself ???

Anyone who gets Pink Floyd to play live for the first time in 24 years gets my vote :D

Breathe, Money , Wish you Were Here and Comfortbaly Numb back to back ............. Pigs have flown, Floyd are back in town :p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:54 am

Dalglish wrote:Anyone who gets Pink Floyd to play live for the first time in 24 years gets my vote :D

my dad was well pleased with that aswell  :D , i think they organised it well, there was something for everyone.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:17 am

Fowler_E7 wrote:
Dalglish wrote:Anyone who gets Pink Floyd to play live for the first time in 24 years gets my vote :D

my dad was well pleased with that aswell  :D , i think they organised it well, there was something for everyone.

Cheeky Fecker  :D

Kids today hey , they think they know what a decent concert performance is cos some band who are enjoying their 15 mins of fame play then Floyd turn up and show them what it is really all about  :D

Floyd actually played in 1997 but without the original line up. they sold out Earls Court 24 evenings on the bounce, I'd like to try and see Coldplay, Razorlight or Keane try that  :eyebrow
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:28 am

One of the most fascinating rock bands ever, Pink Floyd was formed in 1965. After a year in the London 'underground' experimenting with revolutionary techniques like lights which matched their music, they released their first single in 1966.

Their breakthrough album, THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON, was released in 1973 and stayed in the charts until 1982, the longest a record has ever been continuously in the charts, becoming one of the best-selling albums of all time.

In 1975 they released WISH YOU WERE HERE which reached iconic status, then in 1979 THE WALL went to number 1 in almost every country in the world. The movie version of THE WALL starring Bob Geldof was released in 1982, becoming a cult favorite.

In the 1980s a rift developed between the band members which culminated in law suits.

:D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:15 am

Pink Floyd!? you really are old :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:44 am

jeez ian, even I'M not old enough to have been a floyd fan   :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:05 pm

Dalglish wrote:in 1979 THE WALL went to number 1 in almost every country in the world.

Although many people in here won't remember "See Emily play" , "Alans psychedelic breakfast" or the fabulously titled "Careful with that axe Eugene" surely even the kids in the forum know "Another brick in the Wall" even though it was released 25 years ago ! How many will remember anything from Coldplay , Razorlight etc in 2030?

Overall the I thought the concert was poor with most of the artists failing to measure up to the occasion . Only the rock legends like the Who and Pink Floyd gave it credibility.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:48 pm

the early floyd stuff like piper at the gates of dawn was awful, but the mid 70`s stuff was some of the best music ever written imo.
regarding the africa situation the developed nations have shafted that continent for centuries, the big time internal corruption was initiated by western conglomerates and multi national companies bribing the leaders to get their hands on africas natural resources. the cold war super powers then started wars and coup`s all over africa backing guerilla armies in terms of financing and arms who then ran amok and introduced a series of brutal puppet government`s who swayed to the whim of their nato or warsaw pact paymasters. in the 70`s the finance men of the world started the practice of asset stripping in africa leaving its industries and services a shambles then the big banks moved in lending the desperate countries money with extortianate interest rates. they always knew the african nations couldnt pay the money back but they didnt lend them the money for that reason. they lent the money so the african country`s basically were owned by the western banks (read governments) and couldnt do anything in terms of development without the banks wishes or blessings.
wiping the debt is not about the money its about the western countries not having the say what happens in those countries.
they are weary that with its huge natural resources and potential low wage huge labour market africa like india and china could in the future challenge the western dominance of the markets. the debt allows them to keep their oars in the running of africa. they`d rather give massive amounts of aid that way the counrty`s are still under the thumb. in fact country`s like the u.s usually have clauses in the aid money that states that the money must be spent in the u.s so it never really leaves the u.s economy as such.
i`ll be made up but very surprised if it happened. i expect a face saving plan or road from poverty type of soundbyte that in essence just means more aid.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:51 am

live aid?
what a waste of time, complete waste of energy.

me being a cynic all i saw was bits when i was in the pub. madonna sang live then as being interviewed started pluggin her new book et all.

Im sorry but it was pointless, apart from for the bands who want to sell more records or start a re-union tour.

Everyone glad pink floyd got back together? Live in the present people. There was a reason they split up. the band had run its course.

Paul McCartney? Giv me a break. The guy was good like 40 years ago or whenever it was now the beatles were around. Bob geldof singing? Shut it u scruffy tit.

Basically you could never redo live aid. 20 years ago bands were bands, music meant more. Queen were massive. Now there are no big bands, everything ahs become too splintered. Ok it was a ncie gig, but so was glastenbury.

99.9% of the people at live8 were only there to say i was there when. you think they had fun? 12 hours with no beer? ???

ok, rant over :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:31 am

The bits I saw were rubbish.

Ricky Gervais died on his :censored: when he did "his dance", performances were rubbish too.

It won't change a thing, a bunch of singers singing songs, thats all it was. They think they are important as the confuse importance with fame.

At a recent concert in Dublin Bono tried to get the crowd to be emotional about some woman in Asia's birthday, I'm sure she's a brave woman but the average Irish concert goer has no idea who she is or cares.

Did you see the tsunami money did NOT reach the poor, yeah the people who could prove what they owned (no land deeds for poor who made whatever homes they could where they could) got the money. I knew that would happen.

Also, the original Live Aid was for Ethiopa, their famine was caused by the leader who was trying to starve people in that part of the country as they didn't support him. The food that came in was generally used by the army and distributed to his supporters. Their was a war going on and his side won -cheers Geldoff!
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:25 am

Best moment for me was when Peter Kay came on stage while the stagecrew were re-arranging the set and shouted "Hey D!ckhead" to the stage manager.

Worst performance of the Live8 show was obviousley Robbie Williams. Starts singing a song, realises he aint gonna hit the higher notes cos he can't hold the tune so sticks his micraphone in the air and lets the crowd sing it. Well if thats entertainment I'd rather have my kn@b chewed off by a buck toothed mountain goat.

Velvet Revolver - Poor Slash. Gone from G&R to that sh!te. Singer (so obviously a woofter) looked a pr!ck in his salvation army uniform.
Mariah Carey - give it up as a bad job love, you were terrible.
Sting - more like Stinking. Can he get any worse?
Floyd - creditable performance by a 'real' band.
Paul McCartney - If I hear him sing 'Let It Be' again I'll extract my toenails with a pick axe.
The Who - top show
Joss Stone - show us ya t!ts and I might take a bit more notice.

feel free to add to the list........................
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:31 am

.... Dido
you're not neneh cherry love. stick to making music to listen to in lifts or at the dentist.
The killers: One song only? no fair, wanted more
MAdonaa: u were good 10 years ago... so shut up
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:20 am

The buck toothed mountain goat chewing Lee J's kn@b deserved more than just a light snack :D , maybe he should have moved onto peter kay's head as the fella now seems to have an enormous one, he was f'king shi'te and ironically in his brown suit and matching shirt he looked like a turd on legs. Corny and painfully embarrasing . Ricky Gervais , Dawn French and the two fella's from little britain ,were they supposed to be funny with their intoductions ? Fu'cks sake maybe next time they'll wear a sign around the necks that says "please laugh , I'm a comediian and I think I'm funny" ,I've had more laughs removing piles from me ringpiece with a cheesegrater.  :nod

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:22 am

dawson99 wrote:.... Dido
you're not neneh cherry love. stick to making music to listen to in lifts or at the dentist.
The killers: One song only? no fair, wanted more
MAdonaa: u were good 10 years ago... so shut up

You should apologise Madonna, She is just as :censored: now as 10 years ago, no more /no less. Her songs always have computers changing her voice. She can't sing either.

Is it just me or is she trying to be english? check out her accent.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:36 am

Oasis didn't disappoint.  I've seen them six times now.  You know exactly what you're getting with them.

They've sounded better and the older songs went down much better than the new ones, but they wont disappoint you if you go and see them.  As for Live 8, I thought the most ironic thing about the whole day was that Bill Gates didn't just write a cheque and prematurely tell everyone to fu*k off home, concert well and truly over. 

How could you take that pr!ck seriously when he got on the stage and started waffling about Third World debt.  The fuc*ing joke was on him. :angry: :angry:
jonnymac1979

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum