Italy

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby metalhead » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:23 pm

Everyone should go there
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi MH, glad you finally got your connection working. What was the problem ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:44 pm

hi mate! I'm actually using hotspot shield right now, it seems to work, can't access the site without it because the ip is blocked for spamming!

Now, yes.. Italy ...  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:23 pm

Been there 5 times and love it. Was in lake Garda this year, fabulous part of the world. Would recommend it to everyone. The food, sights, people, weather... amazing country.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby metalhead » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:32 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:23 pm wrote:Been there 5 times and love it. Was in lake Garda this year, fabulous part of the world. Would recommend it to everyone. The food, sights, people, weather... amazing country.

Went and checked out Florence, Milan, Venice, Rome, Ravenna, Parma and Bologna (well I live in Bologna  :D), fantastic country, the women :hearts and the food.

anche, Parlo un po d'italiano adesso. Mi piace molto!  :buttrock

Might go to Pisa next week, I would love to head down South to Naples and Sicily but I think I will do that next summer. There is also Lake Maggiore which I heard it's great too, also in the north
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:50 pm

Toured Tuscany a couple of times. Also visited Florence and. Cinque Terre. The country, the food, the walking scenery and Vale - all brilliant. I envy you Living there.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:55 pm

devaney » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:50 pm wrote:Toured Tuscany a couple of times. Also visited Florence and. Cinque Terre. The country, the food, the walking scenery and Vale - all brilliant. I envy you Living there.

There is a small town in Cinque Terre called Manarola, one of the places I want to go, a mate of mine went there and she told me it's beautiful. Bologna is not far off from thos e places, I can just hop on a train and I can be anywhere in an hour or so.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:44 pm

Glad to see you back on here MH.  FYI, claims about the women there are pointless without pics :p
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:06 am

Good to have you back metalhead.

Well I've only been to Rome and I visited Venice for a day, but even from my brief stay there it was obvious that it's a beautiful country. I'm a little bit of a history geek and Rome definitely had a lot to offer. The Vatican and the Colosseum were just awesome. But I'm also a ladies geek and I definitely wasn't disappointed of what Italy had to offer on that field either  :eyebrow
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:35 am

metalhead » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:32 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:23 pm wrote:Been there 5 times and love it. Was in lake Garda this year, fabulous part of the world. Would recommend it to everyone. The food, sights, people, weather... amazing country.

Went and checked out Florence, Milan, Venice, Rome, Ravenna, Parma and Bologna (well I live in Bologna  :D), fantastic country, the women :hearts and the food.

anche, Parlo un po d'italiano adesso. Mi piace molto!  :buttrock

Might go to Pisa next week, I would love to head down South to Naples and Sicily but I think I will do that next summer. There is also Lake Maggiore which I heard it's great too, also in the north

Hitchiked through northern Italy many years ago through the Alps heading for Innsbruck, it was February snowing and the drivers were fking nuts, hated it  :(

On the other hand went to Sicily not too long ago, summer 30c, food and people were fantastic, loved it  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:35 am

Welcome back MH.

Throw a coin in the Trevi fountain for me, it didn't ensure a visit back to Rome for me.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:21 am

I went to Italy once, that was enough. stayed in a place called Pescasarole in the Apennines mountains. Hotel was ok but the food was poor. Italy is supposed to be a food capital of the world? Well we didn't have 1 decent meal while there. We even went to Naples for a pizza. The pizza was invented in naples and they haven't got a clue how to do one. It was under cooked and the ingredients were not fresh.

Poor.  3 / 10
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:29 am

As someone who's interested in Roman military history, Rome is essential. So, I've been there a few times. Pompeii too (and Hurculanium). We spent our honeymoon in Italy, from Venice down to Napoli.

Napoli is a an absolute Sh*t hole though. Pretty horrible place and full of tension.
tonyeh

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:38 am

Welcome back MH - guess the new apartment is allowing you to post ? Hope the time it Italy is going well. We go to Tuscany every year and its beautiful. Cracking wine !
Benny The Noon

Postby devaney » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:22 pm

metalhead » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:55 pm wrote:
devaney » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:50 pm wrote:Toured Tuscany a couple of times. Also visited Florence and. Cinque Terre. The country, the food, the walking scenery and Vale - all brilliant. I envy you Living there.

There is a small town in Cinque Terre called Manarola, one of the places I want to go, a mate of mine went there and she told me it's beautiful. Bologna is not far off from thos e places, I can just hop on a train and I can be anywhere in an hour or so.

We stayed in a small apartment in Manarola which was all we really needed. Really amazing place. Just getting the boats into the water to go fishing is a difficult task in itself. The locals have a hard life because of it's location.  The land was originally given (I think) to the locals because it was deemed impossible to build on. What they have achieved is incredible and shows what hard work and determination can achieve. Riomaggiore is a short walk along the cliffs from Manarola and is well worth doing. Heavy rain when we did the walk which made it even more dramatic. Vernazza is also well worth the train ride but check if it is back to normal after the really bad floods and mudslides which destroyed part of the town in October 2011. Corniglia is also a fascinating town. Really amazing part of Italy and well worth spending a few days exploring the villages/towns. You only really need one day in each of the villages/towns. Enjoy !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Next