Italy

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:27 pm

love italy mate and its a fantastic spot.
have been loads of times and even got married in rome  :D  ten years ago at the end of this month. have been back there twice since and also sorrento,milan,tuscany and this year lake garda which is a lovely spot for holidaying with the family.
no doubt i will be returning next year  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:15 pm

anyone going there again you let me know  :nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:16 pm

redno7 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:21 am wrote:I went to Italy once, that was enough. stayed in a place called Pescasarole in the Apennines mountains. Hotel was ok but the food was poor. Italy is supposed to be a food capital of the world? Well we didn't have 1 decent meal while there. We even went to Naples for a pizza. The pizza was invented in naples and they haven't got a clue how to do one. It was under cooked and the ingredients were not fresh.

Poor.  3 / 10

Mate, come to Bologna and I will guarantee you that you will have the best Gelato Italy got to offer :nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:43 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:27 am wrote:love italy mate and its a fantastic spot.
have been loads of times and even got married in rome  :D  ten years ago at the end of this month. have been back there twice since and also sorrento,milan,tuscany and this year lake garda which is a lovely spot for holidaying with the family.

Where in lake Garda mate? I was beside Peschiera, lovely wee town, and dud day trips to Verona, Sirmione, and ferry trips to a few other towns. Loved it, and the restaurants were great with my daughter's peanut allergy. Very helpful....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ethanr » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:14 am

The absolute worst part about living in the US is that we've got boring Canada well to the north (since I live in the south) and violence-filled Mexico to the south unless you go to gated-in coastal cities.

I wish I had the opportunity many of you do to travel to countries that are much closer then here in the states and see all the different cultures. Italy is definitely in my top 5, and all this talk about great food is bumping it up a few spots.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby redno7 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:01 am

I rated the food in San Francisco better than in Italy, based on my personal experiences.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:12 pm

[quote="ethanr » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:14 am"]The absolute worst part about living in the US is that we've got boring Canada well to the north (since I live in the south) and violence-filled Mexico to the south unless you go to gated-in coastal cities.

I wish I had the opportunity many of you do to travel to countries that are much closer then here in the states and see all the different cultures. Italy is definitely in my top 5, and all this talk about great food is bumping it up a few spots.[/quote

Canada boring !! We drove from Calgary to Jasper across the Rockies with a few stops along the way. Eventually ended up in Vancouver after stopping for a few nights at Whistler. Boring it wasn't mate and the people are a lot more like Brits than some of the loud mouthed American's we came across when we drove from San Francisco to San Diego on another trip. Having said that California was brilliant and Yosemite was amazing. Can't comment on Mexico so I'll take your word for that one  :D
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:40 am

bunglemark2 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:43 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:27 am wrote:love italy mate and its a fantastic spot.

Where in lake Garda mate? I was beside Peschiera, lovely wee town, and dud day trips to Verona, Sirmione, and ferry trips to a few other towns. Loved it, and the restaurants were great with my daughter's peanut allergy. Very helpful....

same place mate, lovely spot it is. stayed in bella italia and took walks down to the village most nights to some restaurants. very relaxed atmosphere and a most enjoyable place. didnt do any daytrips on the lake this time but hope to next year.
went on a bike ride around the place and loved every minute of that. very tourist friendly
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:53 pm

Anyone been to Monza? was there on a business trip last wednesday

what a beautiful little town, had the best filleto Italy can offer!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:11 pm

metalhead » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:53 am wrote:Anyone been to Monza? was there on a business trip last wednesday

what a beautiful little town, had the best filleto Italy can offer!

If your next post regarding Italy doesn't involve guns and cannollis...you are dead to me.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:19 pm

I haven't been to Napoli or Sicily yet for that mate :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:43 pm

i went to italy for the first time back in august. did a roadtrip all the way down to croatia and came back through italy - drove from the slovenian border past venice, padua and verona to lake garda. had a few days there (just outside sirmione) and it was absolutely bloody stunning, proper picture postcard stuff everywhere you look. then drove from lake garda past milan, and up into the alps at lake como and out through switzerland. the best thing, or at least the one that surprised me most, was how friendly the italians are. i thought they'd all be fed up with tourists but no, they were great. better than the croatians anyway, they were (generally) a bunch of miserable shits
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:44 pm

Woollyback » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:43 pm wrote:i went to italy for the first time back in august. did a roadtrip all the way down to croatia and came back through italy - drove from the slovenian border past venice, padua and verona to lake garda. had a few days there (just outside sirmione) and it was absolutely bloody stunning, proper picture postcard stuff everywhere you look. then drove from lake garda past milan, and up into the alps at lake como and out through switzerland. the best thing, or at least the one that surprised me most, was how friendly the italians are. i thought they'd all be fed up with tourists but no, they were great. better than the croatians anyway, they were (generally) a bunch of miserable shits

feck off :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:36 am

no seriously they were sound. better than the feckin croatians anyway
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:50 pm

mate, seriously, they make the french look nice :D
ImageImageImage