It's an absolute fecking disgrace... - This chelsea and the ref stuff.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Judge » Fri May 08, 2009 11:08 am

drogba in his pre-match warm-up. you can tell by the spear he meant business to do harm to the ref

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri May 08, 2009 11:11 am

The sooner Drogba buggers off to play abroad the better.  No one likes him in England, he is a disgrace of a man and has surely now lost any respect his fellow professionals may have had for him.

His rolling around like a sack of sh.it on the pitch finally came back to haunt him, as others have pointed out he was mainly responsible for Barce having so much stoppage time in which to score their goal.  Slap it up him.

He is a cheat and a sore loser.  He won't be missed when he leaves the Premiership.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri May 08, 2009 11:19 am

John Terry has been quoted as saying he feels Chelsea were robbed against Barcalona.

Marks & Spencers have said "Now he knows how we feel when his mum goes shopping".
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Fri May 08, 2009 11:27 am

stmichael wrote:John Terry has been quoted as saying he feels Chelsea were robbed against Barcalona.

Marks & Spencers have said "Now he knows how we feel when his mum goes shopping".

:laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri May 08, 2009 11:30 am

peewee wrote:for didier drag bar to call anyone a disgrace reeks of hypocrisy in the highest order, this tw@t is a disgrace to football and should have been sorted out long ago

Spot on pee , the fella is the biggest cheat in footy and a friggin joke of a man . What goes around ,comes around Didier lad .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri May 08, 2009 11:36 am

I was going to pop round and have a cup of tea wit the 'Guus' (nice fella...no, seriously he is) But i was worried that its quite a haul down to Chelsea from here in the North-west...no problem i thought, i'll use me Tom-Tom to point me in the right direction, make the trip as easy as pie.....i entered the co-ordinates and discovered Chelsea wasn't 'realllllllllly' that far away at all....

turns out they're only abouit two minutes from Rome!

:lookaround  Coat?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri May 08, 2009 11:39 am

red37 wrote:I was going to pop round and have a cup of tea wit the 'Guus' (nice fella...no, seriously he is) But i was worried that its quite a haul down to Chelsea from here in the North-west...no problem i thought, i'll use me Tom-Tom to point me in the right direction, make the trip as easy as pie.....i entered the co-ordinates and discovered Chelsea wasn't 'realllllllllly' that far away at all....

turns out they're only abouit two minutes from Rome!

:lookaround  Coat?

:no

You should be stripped of your modship for that Red lad .

It's a feckin disgrace ,that joke is a feckin disgrace !!!!!!

:D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri May 08, 2009 12:59 pm

It was disgraceful behaviour but was there one person among us who was surprised to see events unfold as they did?  Chelsea have been bullies for years and no amount of Respect campaigns will make this particular leopard change its spots.  How Ballack stayed on the pitch after that running back massage I'll never know.  The funny part is that it was never a handball on Eto'o.  If they wanted to flip out over a handball, they should have done so for the Pique one.  But, of course, they were winning then.  Chelsea's complaints would seem a lot more legitimate if they'd only registered them at the proper time rather than in desperation at the death of a match they needed to win.

As for Drogba he's a fecking joke and has been for years.  How a player of his strength and talent feels the need to try and convince an entire stadium that he's suffered GBH at least 5 times a match I'll never know.  Stay on your feet, ya t!t, and people will take you seriously when you actually do go to ground.  It's the exact same thing with Ronaldo.  He's an undoubted talent and a big enough lad to mix it up when he feels inclined but the flopping, rolling and other antics that get trotted out whenever he's within sight of goal are shambolic.  What's worse, his own tackling is usually far more dangerous than any of the nudges he uses as a springboard for his floor routine.  Watch him the next time he loses the ball--he'll tear after the opponent and fly in with some wild lunging challenge...it happens all the time.

Anyway, I expect UEFA will issue some stern words and a mild fine and that will be the end of it.  Chelsea won't be barred from Europe and no one will get banned.  Drogba might have to pay a fine and that'll be that.  As always, this incident will be forgotten until the next time Chelsea feel aggrieved and then we'll see the ref surrounded again and more unseemly shenanigans.  I just hope this ref can ride out the storm and come back stronger for it.  They've already drummed one ref out of the game with their nonsense and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it again.
Last edited by Bad Bob on Fri May 08, 2009 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby JBG » Fri May 08, 2009 2:28 pm

Chelsea were a disgrace and they have had past form with this kind of behaviour: remember their conduct in the other Barca tie a few years ago when the ref also received death threats?

However, its not just Chelsea. There's been a cancer in football for a long time where players and club s mistreat refs. It time for a radical overhaul of how the game is regulated. Refs should be paid more, be full time professionals and get more training and support. Its also time for a video ref and perhaps a system where each manager has three opportunities a game to ask the ref to stop the game and go to a video reply of an incident if a ref doesn't initially call it. Also, we need to bring in a situation like there is in rugby where it is strictly forbidden for anyone to challenge the decision of a ref during a game and where only the captain can speak to the ref.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 08, 2009 5:05 pm

OK, we all hate Chelsea and Drogba is deffo a prize c'unt BUT lets face it lads when it came to the FOUR crucial penalties decisions the Ref might as well have been wearing a blindfold or a Barca shirt. I was laughing my a'rse off at the way Chelsea got the bums rush out of the competition but as much we may dislike them we all know they were robbed and they knew it too, can't say I blame their more passionate players for blowing a gasket.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JoeTerp » Fri May 08, 2009 10:48 pm

how come nobody brings up the soft red on Abidal?  to me it looks more like Anelka trips over his own feet
JoeTerp

Postby Number 9 » Fri May 08, 2009 10:55 pm

JBG wrote:Chelsea were a disgrace and they have had past form with this kind of behaviour: remember their conduct in the other Barca tie a few years ago when the ref also received death threats?

However, its not just Chelsea. There's been a cancer in football for a long time where players and club s mistreat refs. It time for a radical overhaul of how the game is regulated. Refs should be paid more, be full time professionals and get more training and support. Its also time for a video ref and perhaps a system where each manager has three opportunities a game to ask the ref to stop the game and go to a video reply of an incident if a ref doesn't initially call it. Also, we need to bring in a situation like there is in rugby where it is strictly forbidden for anyone to challenge the decision of a ref during a game and where only the captain can speak to the ref.

Sense! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri May 08, 2009 10:56 pm

And in this champions Leage semi final our ref is Lars a looser from Norway..A bank manager by day!! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 08, 2009 11:44 pm

JoeTerp wrote:how come nobody brings up the soft red on Abidal?  to me it looks more like Anelka trips over his own feet

Because that was a good decision... :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat May 09, 2009 12:09 am

Out of the "4 penalties", I think 1 was not a penalty at all, 1 was 50/50, 1 was stonewall, and the other would of been a soft penalty.  I can't remember which of the others I thought weren't stonewall, because I don't really care too much and I'd rather see Chelsea get bumped down to the Europa League (so its embarrassing and they still get tired with extra fixtures).  But the 1 def. was the non eto hand ball.
SupitsJonF

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum