Internet poker - Gambling for loners

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:23 pm

Me and me missus usually play online with partypoker but just for play money. For me it doesnt make sense to play online for real money because as mentioned, you cannot see peoples reactions and online your more likely to be tripped up by someone who had a great hand from the beginning. At a table for real you can just see for yourself in the way they react whether or not they have something.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:00 am

played in a $35k guarantee last night and made the final table in a field of 1009 and with 9 people left the server crashed!!!!!! What the hell happens there? thats about $15,000 of unaccounted for prize money, and I want my share cut!!!!!! I recon it should be shared out among the remaining players but I dont know how Victor chandler operate these things. As this happened to anyone else?
burjennio

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:56 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Me and me missus usually play online with partypoker but just for play money. For me it doesnt make sense to play online for real money because as mentioned, you cannot see peoples reactions and online your more likely to be tripped up by someone who had a great hand from the beginning. At a table for real you can just see for yourself in the way they react whether or not they have something.

Live poker is all hype and mystique. Physical tells are overrated. I usually wait until I look at people's eyes when they first pick up their cards before I look at my own.

Either way, the only reliable tell in the long run is betting patterns. The internet poker gives you good experience of this and a skilled player can tell what you're on simply but how you bet.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:58 pm

burjennio wrote:played in a $35k guarantee last night and made the final table in a field of 1009 and with 9 people left the server crashed!!!!!! What the hell happens there? thats about $15,000 of unaccounted for prize money, and I want my share cut!!!!!! I recon it should be shared out among the remaining players but I dont know how Victor chandler operate these things. As this happened to anyone else?

PokerStars, right?

Mate phoned me last night telling me something about there being no sit-and-go's and that his emails are all weird and in a different language. I was half sleeping.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:21 pm

Emerald Red Posted on Feb. 15 2008,12:58
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (burjennio @ Feb. 15 2008,10:00)
played in a $35k guarantee last night and made the final table in a field of 1009 and with 9 people left the server crashed!!!!!! What the hell happens there? thats about $15,000 of unaccounted for prize money, and I want my share cut!!!!!! I recon it should be shared out among the remaining players but I dont know how Victor chandler operate these things. As this happened to anyone else?

PokerStars, right?

Mate phoned me last night telling me something about there being no sit-and-go's and that his emails are all weird and in a different language. I was half sleeping.

no Victor Chandler, about 0130 this morning. I e-mailed them and was told that only the Victor Chandler server crashed and all the other networks involved in the tournament continued playing - I finished 5th and am really pi$$ed off.I seems its all covered in the terms and conditions. I could smell that $7.5k and now i'l be lucky if I got $900, for something I had no control over, totally VCs fault so Im takin my ball and going home, or at least to a new site cause VC crashes more than any site Ive ever played on. and It always costs me money.

What site is worth a pop? (no pokerstars, pkr and i already use partypoker occasionally)
burjennio

Postby Effes » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:33 pm

Bet365 is a good poker site
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:41 pm

Effes wrote:Bet365 is a good poker site

It's only a good site if it's a lucky site.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum