I just thought...

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri May 06, 2011 3:25 am

The forum could have done with some half decent discussion and I personally think Bin Laden's thread conjured that up. Sometimes to generate discussion you have to take people out of their comfort zone, throw another perspective out there and for that I think it worked.

However, I dropped a bollok in the political thread and didn't use any diplomacy. So for that Igor ''lash'' I do apologize and I didn't want to offend Scousers and I didn't want to offend Muslims either, even though I may. That wasn't my intention, and going by MH's retort in the Bin Laden thread he 'seemed' okay and willing to put any opinions I had about Islam right. It was just the Westerners who got their panties in a twist - yeh know, the ''politically correct'' ones.  :D

Anyway, apologies, any thing else controversial we can talk about :)

"O mankind! We created you from a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes that you may know and honor each other (not that you should despise one another). Indeed the most honorable of you in the sight of God is the most righteous." Chapter 49, Verse 13 - Qu'ran
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Fri May 06, 2011 5:42 am

You are so freaking out to lunch that I didn't even bother to respond in that thread to the :censored: you posted.  You spun that thread off into the wrong direction the second you put your biased and skewed idiotic drivel into it. 

I Just Thought... The forum could have used some discussion.

Dude.  If the living room is looking a little drab, you paint it and re-arrange the furniture.  You don't set it on fire.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri May 06, 2011 6:38 am

The Good Yank wrote:You are so freaking out to lunch that I didn't even bother to respond in that thread to the :censored: you posted.  You spun that thread off into the wrong direction the second you put your biased and skewed idiotic drivel into it. 

I Just Thought... The forum could have used some discussion.

Dude.  If the living room is looking a little drab, you paint it and re-arrange the furniture.  You don't set it on fire.

yeah righto....yank

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Fri May 06, 2011 8:03 am

its not political correctness westerners, its stupidity we dont like on here.. and you just seem to slag off complete races/cultures/continents when you dont get your way.. having a discussion and having a blazing arguament are two different things.

With Kenny it is too black and white, there is no leeway, no grey.

For the rest of us we try to keep things a bit more civil (yeah, this is me saying this!!!)

To say we are politcally correct westerners, you obviously haven't been on here long enough, as some of the stuff me and others have posted is anything but PC

Good times
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri May 06, 2011 8:05 am

dawson99 wrote:its not political correctness westerners, its stupidity we dont like on here.. and you just seem to slag off complete races/cultures/continents when you dont get your way.. having a discussion and having a blazing arguament are two different things.

With Kenny it is too black and white, there is no leeway, no grey.

For the rest of us we try to keep things a bit more civil (yeah, this is me saying this!!!)

To say we are politcally correct westerners, you obviously haven't been on here long enough, as some of the stuff me and others have posted is anything but PC

Good times

My name is Bam - I've been around here long enough, I remember the 'Thought Police'.

BTW I haven't slagged off complete races you're wrong. I queried though whether violence in Islam was condoned. Now it appears I am being hung drawn and quartered for even bringing the discussion up.

In fact its been taken so much out of context (like it usually does round here) that I apparently implied all Muslims are terroists and that all terrorist are Muslim. That's just typical of certain people to blow things out of proportion and label them a racist or whatever.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri May 06, 2011 8:11 am

Anyway I digress, carry on with the backlash and the accusing and witch hunting that so many are apt at.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Fri May 06, 2011 8:36 am

backlash! Grow up Bam, you used to be fun.

It's not a backlash, just stop beign such a dolt with some of your remarks :D
Last edited by dawson99 on Fri May 06, 2011 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri May 06, 2011 9:49 am

Kenny Kan wrote:I queried though whether violence in Islam was condoned. Now it appears I am being hung drawn and quartered for even bringing the discussion up.

query? really? if that's the case, you could have chosen to bring the topic up in a proper and more respectful manner instead of saying "islam is a violent religion" which seemed more like a statement (as i did not see any question marks in your first comment) which would naturally attract abuse. i myself find a certain part of the Quran which states that a man can marry 4 wives concurrently rather backward in today's society but unlike you, i have more eloquence in my debate and being fortunate to live in a secular country, i am aware of the sensitivity certain comments can cause.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Bad Bob » Fri May 06, 2011 12:05 pm

Absolutely nothing wrong with some meaty discussion, even on touchy subjects to do with religion and politics.  Such discussions tend to go better if people wade into them with a little care rather than shooting from the hip.  That goes as much for reactions to provocative posts as to the posts themselves.  Civil discourse people! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri May 06, 2011 1:12 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:I queried though whether violence in Islam was condoned. Now it appears I am being hung drawn and quartered for even bringing the discussion up.

query? really? if that's the case, you could have chosen to bring the topic up in a proper and more respectful manner instead of saying "islam is a violent religion" which seemed more like a statement (as i did not see any question marks in your first comment) which would naturally attract abuse. i myself find a certain part of the Quran which states that a man can marry 4 wives concurrently rather backward in today's society but unlike you, i have more eloquence in my debate and being fortunate to live in a secular country, i am aware of the sensitivity certain comments can cause.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Now that's what I call a Freuden slip.  :laugh:

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri May 06, 2011 1:16 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Absolutely nothing wrong with some meaty discussion, even on touchy subjects to do with religion and politics.  Such discussions tend to go better if people wade into them with a little care rather than shooting from the hip.  That goes as much for reactions to provocative posts as to the posts themselves.  Civil discourse people! :D

Yeah but you are a Uni lecturer aren't you, you're educated enough to understand certain issues/perspectives, others aren't and for that I should have known better.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Fri May 06, 2011 1:19 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Absolutely nothing wrong with some meaty discussion, even on touchy subjects to do with religion and politics.  Such discussions tend to go better if people wade into them with a little care rather than shooting from the hip.  That goes as much for reactions to provocative posts as to the posts themselves.  Civil discourse people! :D

Yeah but you are a Uni lecturer aren't you, you're educated enough to understand certain issues/perspectives, others aren't and for that I should have known better.

LOL shuddup, just admit you were a bit of an eejit slagging off about a billion people in one failed swoop and you were found out
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri May 06, 2011 1:28 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:

LOL shuddup, just admit you were a bit of an eejit slagging off about a billion people in one failed swoop and you were found out

:laugh:

my point exactly Bob!

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Fri May 06, 2011 1:29 pm

Kenny, I'll gladly have a proper conversation, when you like, and we did, but then you go back to the 'woe is me' stance and you do take everything off topic.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri May 06, 2011 1:37 pm

I don't think you're honestly capable of 'interpreting' what I'm saying, it's beyond you.  :)

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to General Chat Forum