Hamilton wins!

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Greavesie » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:53 pm

such a class race today, great way to end the season!!! I'm chuffed for Hamilton, absolutely fantastic!
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:03 am

Lewis deserves it , If they want an inquiry , the same could be said for the japan grand prix where kimi's car suddenbly slowed down to let massa take over . Timo glock is a real classy act . As of today , i officially hate vettel that :censored: :censored: , let see how he does when he goes over to red bull next year
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:40 am

Woollyback wrote:it's not over yet, the FIA (aka ferrari international assitance) will no doubt want a steward's enquiry into glock's sudden slowdown

Even if Glock slowed down deliberately, Raikonnen conceded second place to Massa in the last Grand Prix. It just balances things out.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:41 am

Give ALonso a proper car and he'll beat that  Hamiltongo.(He's known that way in Spain, tongo means cheat)

:angry:

</This post is so that you have someone to flame in this thread, everybody agreeing would be boring>

:D

Jokes aside, I think that considering all the season, Hamilton deserved the title.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:46 pm

I'm not really a huge F1 fan but man that was sport at it's very best.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:34 pm

The bit I don't like about the F-1 is that more than Sport at it's best, it's Engineering and Computers at it's best. I know there's still pretty of room to the pilot's driving skills, but I'd like the piloting skills would be even more relevant than they are now.

You pick the best driver, for instance a super champion like Schumacher, you give him a worse car, and he's not going to compete.

I always felt more admiration to MotoGP. That Italian, Valentino Rossi is a legend, he changed to YAMAHA being a worse motorbike, and despite that he kept winning.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:38 pm

It has moved more to be a battle of technology over the past few years instead of being more about the drivers skill but at the end of the day you just can't manufacture drama like that yesterday (no matter what some might say).
After 7 months and 18 races for the championship glory to come down to one pass on the final corner of the final lap was drama of the highest order!!
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:30 pm

Hamilton is 'The Stig' :;):
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:56 pm

i hope to god he doesnt win sports personality of the year now - the guy has been groomed to be world champion and he is lucky he has got such a good car - he isnt the best driver out there - alonso is by a mile - add on top the guy is supposed to be a first class :censored: :laugh:  but well done to him winning and not blowing it for the second year in a row . As sabre said its not that much off a sport these days .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:19 pm

GYBS wrote:i hope to god he doesnt win sports personality of the year now - the guy has been groomed to be world champion and he is lucky he has got such a good car - he isnt the best driver out there - alonso is by a mile - add on top the guy is supposed to be a first class :censored: :laugh:  but well done to him winning and not blowing it for the second year in a row . As sabre said its not that much off a sport these days .

So it's not the driver? If that's the case, why didn't Kovailinen come second (or even joint first) in the championship? If Alonso's better, why did Hamilton beat him in the same car last year?
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:28 am

cause teams set up to favour a certain driver - yeah hamilton is prob better than his team mate but 90% of it is the cars ability as opposed to the drivers ability.Hence why they want to introduce the same engine for every single car to make it more about the drivers.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum