Footballers - Their deaths

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:11 am

Can anyone explain why some footballers die at early ages? Is it because they do vigarous amounts of exercise everyday as its already proven hardcore sport (and when I say that I mean a lot of sport) is bad for your health and can cause heart and joint problems and not to mention the reoccuring injuries of most footballers. Isn't all of this somewhat unhealthy?

I'm starting to think this topic is offensive to some people after I posted it, you can lock it if you want.
Last edited by chiggz_likes_owen on Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:17 am

I read something about deceased Italian players are having their death certificates and medical backgrounds checked to see if they were drugged etc... years ago.  Can't find the link....think it was on the Guardian Unlimited.

Our own Tommy Smith can hardly walk due to all the painkilling injections he was given as a player.  Then there is the theory about the ball used in the 40's made out of granite [ ??? leather and bootlaces] causing brain damage....

Loads of plausible theories.
jonnymac1979

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:20 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:I read something about deceased Italian players are having their death certificates and medical backgrounds checked to see if they were drugged etc... years ago.  Can't find the link....think it was on the Guardian Unlimited.

Our own Tommy Smith can hardly walk due to all the painkilling injections he was given as a player.  Then there is the theory about the ball used in the 40's made out of granite [ ??? leather and bootlaces] causing brain damage....

Loads of plausible theories.

sh*t JM
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:21 am

:( ???
Last edited by jonnymac1979 on Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonnymac1979

Postby zarababe » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:41 am

.. i suppose you've got to go when ure times up.. but being fit and healthy only improves the "quality" of ure life .. it does not prolong it..

JMac .. sounds plausible.. I think Chiggz is agreeing with ya .. but I cud be wrong
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:49 am

Whats the difference between improving the quality of your life and living longer ?
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:41 am

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:Whats the difference between improving the quality of your life and living longer ?

you wanna talk philosophy chiggz?

the same as the difference between quality and quantity...

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum