Total votes : 17

Postby dawson99 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:10 pm

Dial a Roast... genius!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:33 pm

GRAHAM01 wrote:
kazza 1 wrote:It all depends on what mood I'm in and what I have had for my breakfast. If I make a fry up on a Sunday morning, I would not make a big dinner. Just a sandwich or something light. But if theres no fry up I would have a pork roast with crackling and all the trimmings.
Or if I'm being really lazy, I would pig out on junk then have a Chinese later!

i thought you said you didn't have fried eggs kazza  :laugh:  :laugh:

I dont! :laugh:

But tbh, I dont eat the yolk out of a fried egg! Its gross :laugh:  :laugh:
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:38 pm

It's the beef roast for me on a Sunday, one day during the week we usually have a pork/chicken roast as well. But Sunday its got to be the traditional beef roast
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Judge » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:04 pm

kazza 1 wrote:
GRAHAM01 wrote:
kazza 1 wrote:It all depends on what mood I'm in and what I have had for my breakfast. If I make a fry up on a Sunday morning, I would not make a big dinner. Just a sandwich or something light. But if theres no fry up I would have a pork roast with crackling and all the trimmings.
Or if I'm being really lazy, I would pig out on junk then have a Chinese later!

i thought you said you didn't have fried eggs kazza  :laugh:

I dont! :laugh:

But tbh, I dont eat the yolk out of a fried egg! Its gross :laugh: 

failing that graham, she would eat all of the above at the same time, especially the pork :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:06 pm

i voted for others. usually me and my mates will have lunch together after football and we frequent this diner that has great ''minced meat noodles''. otherwise i'd have some kim chi noodles. thats the only Korean dish i've tried.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby burjennio » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:15 pm

Subway sandwich. Love em.
burjennio

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:20 pm

ConnO'var wrote:My wife's Quattro Formaggi.

Gongonzola, Peccarino, Mozarella and Parmasen on good quality Italian bread with cherry tomatoes and fresh basil.

Stop showin off  :laugh:

Most Sundays its what i fancy :laugh: the rest have to eat what i give them. Usualy i alternate between a piece of beef an a leg of lamb with all the veg an me potatoes cooked in the meat juice. I love brussels though an i have the majority of those. Yorkies with anything an all. I had  beef yesterday an it was handsome. wed night i normaly cook a chicken roast if im in the mood were not playing .
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:50 pm

Chicken roast.

My daughter buzzes off mine, doing another this Friday when she stays.

Gotta mix butter with garlic and herbs and put it under the skin of the breast, before shoving in the oven.
Do it with roast spuds, roast parsnips and broccolli.

An absolute must is gravy using the fat from the chicken.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:02 pm

Effes wrote:Chicken roast.

Gotta mix butter with garlic and herbs and put it under the skin of the breast, before shoving in the oven.

Nice to meet you Marco lad ,  :laugh:

I do that an all the juice from the chicken in me gravy :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:18 pm

NANNY RED wrote:

We roast our tatys in the juice with the chicken (or turkey if its christmas). Makes all the difference !  :nod
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:20 pm

Dunno who Marco is Nanny.

Chicken is well better than beef if you ask me, beef can be too tough and pork a bit dry.

Roast lamb is sound tho.  :nod
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:24 pm

I like most food and will try anything, beef, when cooked right, is beautiful. However I wont touch Liver, I love the smell when cooked with onions but the taste is just horrible. Love sprouts with my dinner as well, another thing that has to be cooked right.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:08 am

Kharhaz wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

We roast our tatys in the juice with the chicken (or turkey if its christmas). Makes all the difference !  :nod

There's no other way mate.

Place the chicken (breast down so it doesn't dry out) above the roasting dish on a separate shelf.
All the fat and juices then drip onto the spuds and parsnips.

Little tip for the gravy - add a teaspoon of brown sugar.  :nod  and use a chicken stock cube aswell as an oxo cube.
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:18 am

NANNY RED wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:My wife's Quattro Formaggi.

Gongonzola, Peccarino, Mozarella and Parmasen on good quality Italian bread with cherry tomatoes and fresh basil.

Stop showin off  :laugh:

Most Sundays its what i fancy :laugh: the rest have to eat what i give them. Usualy i alternate between a piece of beef an a leg of lamb with all the veg an me potatoes cooked in the meat juice. I love brussels though an i have the majority of those. Yorkies with anything an all. I had  beef yesterday an it was handsome. wed night i normaly cook a chicken roast if im in the mood were not playing .

:D  :D

She's not so good with the roasts and all that.... but she's pretty good with italian......

Quick and easy to fix and I'm told it's good for you!
Give it a go Nan......
ConnO'var

Postby bigmick » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:35 am

Since we've moved over here, after years of doing the pubs and being snowed under of a Sunday we've kind of gone all nuclear family. Sunday morning we have Bacon Barnies as my little girl calls em, cooked by Dad with tomato sauce. Im a bit of a believer in the family eating together at least once a week if poss, and on Sunday unless it's red hot we have a roast. The Mrs has a wee veggie patch down the side of the house and as a rule me and the kids will get some carrots or spuds or something out of that, and buy the rest. The kids love helping out to scrub the taties or wash the carrots, and the roast normally gets checked on accompanied by "ooh's and aah's" by the kids every ten minutes or so.

We munch it down and as a rule a bit of jelly and ice cream for afters does the trick. The kids go for a bit of hersheys chocolate sauce on top but i swerve that as it's a bit sweet even for me.

As for what type of meat, well lamb is fairly predictably beautiful over here, as is the local beef which is 100% grass fed. Pork is pricey funnily enough but lovely, while the free range chickens have presumeably been running around all over the shop and are full of flavour. The kids would go for the chicken I reckon, but for me it's a leg of lamb I think, with ay leftovers made into a nice cottage pie, any left over veggies like turnips and swedes left to melt into the sauce giving it an unctious sweetness.

I love Sunday dinners with the wife and kids. There's times when we're having a chat and one of the little uns comes out with something which makes you kind of laugh but almost blub with happiness as well. It's definately the best time of the week for me. The only time it isn't is when the mother in law comes round. Usually she's alright, but there are times when the stifled urge to smash her face in kind of takes the enjoyment out of the whole occasion.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum